Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Big Sam To Cardiff City..

Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:03 pm

Being lined up imminently as we speak according to sources in the big smoke.

Personally hope you keep DJ :-)

Re: Big Sam To Cardiff City..

Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:05 pm

He would sort us out :ayatollah:

Hope it is true :D

Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:06 pm

C-MOB wrote:Being lined up imminently as we speak according to sources in the big smoke.

Stan Now that would be a DREAM COME TRUE.

Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:07 pm

C-Mob ,I think you've got a bit of affection for our club :D ,regarding Sam I was only talking about him yesterday wishing how I'd like him instead of jones. Fingers crossed jones will be gone by Monday .

Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:08 pm

scources being who stan?

Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:09 pm

C-MOB wrote:Being lined up imminently as we speak according to sources in the big smoke.

would b nice but cant see us getting rid of jones :cry: where did u hear this

Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:15 pm

i would embrace that man with a loving...embrace..no homo

Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:16 pm

My friend asked who I wanted if Jones had to be replaced an dI said Big Sam.

Forever Blue wrote:

It won't be pretty football but he would get us up no doubt.

When I first came on I was here to piss you off as I saw some QPR slating and wanted to ruffle some feathers but if I'm honest their is some good lads on here & the animosity is gone & I have contributed to some good debates. I still see you as our biggest rivals so like to check in for some goss & a chin wag.

Jason Brown (welsh lad) who is a goalkeeper at Leyton Orient at the minute is a pal of mine just put it on his BlackBerry status. Exact words were 'get your dosh on big sam for cardiff'

He is employed by Blackburn so I guess he would know. May be speculation but that's coming from a Blackburn player.

Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:17 pm

i hope not his tactics would be long ball every game but he would sort players and defence out :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:24 pm

C-MOB wrote:When I first came on I was here to piss you off as I saw some QPR slating and wanted to ruffle some feathers but if I'm honest their is some good lads on here & the animosity is gone & I have contributed to some good debates. I still see you as our biggest rivals so like to check in for some goss & a chin wag.

Jason Brown (welsh lad) who is a goalkeeper at Leyton Orient at the minute is a pal of mine just put it on his BlackBerry status. Exact words were 'get your dosh on big sam for cardiff'

He is employed by Blackburn so I guess he would know. May be speculation but that's coming from a Blackburn player.

Stan, Cheers for the info, I REALLY HOPE SO. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:48 pm

Kick and run football - hope not

He was aweful at Newcastle

Jones can sort us out - No To BIG SAM

Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:50 pm

I would be worried if you got Sam as he has a good record with limited funds. Not the prettiest football in the world but will get you battling and winning games.

Will let you know if JB says anymore.

Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:51 pm

If Jones was to go I would rather see Big Sam than anyone else, would be a complete change mind with Sam's outspoken passion compared with Jones' calm and quiet approach.

Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:53 pm

C-MOB wrote:I would be worried if you got Sam as he has a good record with limited funds. Not the prettiest football in the world but will get you battling and winning games.

Will let you know if JB says anymore.

he knows how to win football games it might not be the best and attractive but if it means we would be playing against man u city liverpool chelsea i would take it all day long

Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:53 pm

Wouldn't be top of my list have to be hionest. I'd prefer an up and coming manager such as Howe or Poyet.

However, we are going to need an experienced man to take us over if its done now as there is so much to do straight away. If he comes i'll back him, same as i've backed Jones - althoguh even my patience is wearing thin and I can see a decision needs to be made sooner rather than later.

Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:57 pm

Hoof ball, yay.

I don`t care what sort of football we play as long as we win games.
Playing attractive football is great but sometimes you have to win another way.
Nobody will mind when we are in the Premiership how we got there
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Forever Blue wrote:

So can you tell me what sam has achieved and do you want Wimbledon type football?

Sam is not the answer ..........

Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:59 pm

C-MOB wrote:When I first came on I was here to piss you off as I saw some QPR slating and wanted to ruffle some feathers but if I'm honest their is some good lads on here & the animosity is gone & I have contributed to some good debates. I still see you as our biggest rivals so like to check in for some goss & a chin wag.

You have to admit your were a right CNUT at first :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:00 pm

Lennie Lawrence :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:01 pm

Never really minded watching Blackburns football the times i saw them on sky,would love big sam here :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

NIBluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

So can you tell me what sam has achieved and do you want Wimbledon type football?

Sam is not the answer ..........

If it gets results then so be it. Sam turned Bolton into a recognised PL club with little funds. He did a decent job at Blackburn. I'd disregard his time at Newcastle due to the crazy things going on above his head and the fact the job is a poisoned chalice, bit like Liverpool.

Never really minded watching Blackburns football the times i saw them on sky,would love big sam here :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:06 pm

rb1976 wrote:

) I have to make you right mate

A proper plank as we would say. But all is good my friend. I like to keep an eye on our welsh cousins ;-)

Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:10 pm

Sometimes you have to make a choice ,pretty football or winning football only the very best clubs can give you both.
Having waited so long (since 1970) to see the club I love in the top division.I will settle for winning football.
When we see the bluebirds stepping out onto the pitch for their first home game against a premiership club next season we will not worry if pretty football got us there.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:19 pm

C-MOB wrote:
rb1976 wrote:

) I have to make you right mate

A proper plank as we would say. But all is good my friend. I like to keep an eye on our welsh cousins ;-)

lol @ cousins, we're all in bred highly unlikely :lol:

Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:20 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:Lennie Lawrence :ayatollah:

:lol:

Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:22 pm

would that be your hp or big daddy red sources c-mong?