Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

when dave jones is sacked.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:09 am

does everyone really want Sam allardyce as our new manager? dont like him myself, would much prefer chris haughton.. just my opinion though :ayatollah:

Re: when dave jones is sacked.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:15 am

bargoedbluebird wrote:does everyone really want Sam allardyce as our new manager? dont like him myself, would much prefer chris haughton.. just my opinion though :ayatollah:

Big Sam is more likely to get us out of this league.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:16 am

What is the obsession with Chris Hughton, i reckon that Newcastle was a club that he had been at for a long time and didn't have the stress of being manager so the players all got on with him because he wasn't the coach and he was there the whole time through all their different managers so he built up good relationships with all the players and if you have that and you'r in the Championship with quality players all you have to do it pick those quality players in there positions and there you go. Not sure if he'd be a good manager for us

Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:18 am

brilliantbluebirds09 wrote:What is the obsession with Chris Hughton, i reckon that Newcastle was a club that he had been at for a long time and didn't have the stress of being manager so the players all got on with him because he wasn't the coach and he was there the whole time through all their different managers so he built up good relationships with all the players and if you have that and you'r in the Championship with quality players all you have to do it pick those quality players in there positions and there you go. Not sure if he'd be a good manager for us

That is spot on.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:20 am

brilliantbluebirds09 wrote:What is the obsession with Chris Hughton, i reckon that Newcastle was a club that he had been at for a long time and didn't have the stress of being manager so the players all got on with him because he wasn't the coach and he was there the whole time through all their different managers so he built up good relationships with all the players and if you have that and you'r in the Championship with quality players all you have to do it pick those quality players in there positions and there you go. Not sure if he'd be a good manager for us

most sense ive heared all night lol ive thought this for a while its the avram grant way done well at chelsea whats he done since a little but with pompy wich was blind luck imo

Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:22 am

Magners wrote:

That is spot on.

Hence the reason maybe why Newcastle sacked him. But yeah, when/if Big Sam is brought in us fans are going to have to decide if we want promotion and a good premiership manager that will keep us up and make us a middle of the table premiership club while playing slightly ugly football, or whether we all hate him and hate the football he makes our team play and then make his job as hard as possible.
In my opinion, i will back him and his style of play, a few years under him and rubbish football is worth it for when he eventually leaves and we are in the premiership and we possibly appoint a manager that plays good football at a time were we will be able to attract the players to make good football effective in the Premiership! :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:35 am

the only reason i dont want big sam to come is the style of football he plays, its terrible!! as much as i love dave jones hes had so many chances now i just think its his time leave.. and hopefully sam can come in and take us that one step higher that dave can't :?: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:54 am

bargoedbluebird wrote:the only reason i dont want big sam to come is the style of football he plays, its terrible!! as much as i love dave jones hes had so many chances now i just think its his time leave.. and hopefully sam can come in and take us that one step higher that dave can't :?: :ayatollah:

Bargoedblue. If we play hoofball and make it to the Prem I will be a big Sam lover.