Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DJ has to stay.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:00 pm

Up until last night I wanted him out but he just can't go now. Yes, we are on shocking form, undeniable. But is sacking the manager in January while we are still very actively pushing for promotion and still a very big contender to go up a good idea?
Jay Bothroyd has said the blame lies with the players and not DJ, clearly he has the backing of the dressing room, can we afford the players to come out against the board if DJ goes, it just creates more drama than it's worth. We must also consider the money it costs when sacking a manager, it sure as hell ain't cheap. We have a good manager in DJ, he's done great stuff here and personally I think sacking a manager mid-season rarely produces significantly better results. Dave Jones knows the club, knows the players and has done a lot for us while here.
Something must change at the club, I personally think sacking DJ now will not benefit us at all. Just my two cents, feel free to disagree but sacking a manager in January should be a last resort. Look at Prestion and Palace sacked their managers while they were in the relagation zone, right decision, nothing to lose by bringing in a new manager. We are 5th in the league, a new manager here could find himself unsettled, lose control of the players and sink us to mid-table by the end of the season. We have a lot to lose by sacking DJ, more than Preston and Palace and I honestly feel it would be nothing but a farce to sack Dj at this point in the season.

Re: DJ has to stay.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:02 pm

Fair shout. I think we should all wait and see on what the board decides!

Oh to be a Bluebird!!

Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:05 pm

What about waiting to see how the leeds result goes :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:06 pm

if Dave Jones stays we wont go up!!!!!!!!!
yes he may very well turn it round jan and feb but as usual with dave jones sides there will be another blip at the end when players are all so tired

Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:07 pm

MyNameIsAled wrote:Up until last night I wanted him out but he just can't go now. Yes, we are on shocking form, undeniable. But is sacking the manager in January while we are still very actively pushing for promotion and still a very big contender to go up a good idea?
Jay Bothroyd has said the blame lies with the players and not DJ, clearly he has the backing of the dressing room, can we afford the players to come out against the board if DJ goes, it just creates more drama than it's worth. We must also consider the money it costs when sacking a manager, it sure as hell ain't cheap. We have a good manager in DJ, he's done great stuff here and personally I think sacking a manager mid-season rarely produces significantly better results. Dave Jones knows the club, knows the players and has done a lot for us while here.
Something must change at the club, I personally think sacking DJ now will not benefit us at all. Just my two cents, feel free to disagree but sacking a manager in January should be a last resort. Look at Prestion and Palace sacked their managers while they were in the relagation zone, right decision, nothing to lose by bringing in a new manager. We are 5th in the league, a new manager here could find himself unsettled, lose control of the players and sink us to mid-table by the end of the season. We have a lot to lose by sacking DJ, more than Preston and Palace and I honestly feel it would be nothing but a farce to sack Dj at this point in the season.

finally someone other than carl talking some sense, i say lets get behind our manager and players and hope they can find some form again for the second half and get us to the prem

Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:11 pm

yay lets all support dave jones now cos weve slept on it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
no thanks!
played naylor when he took him off after 35 min previously. bristol score 2 identical goals down the same channel. man has lost the plot
didnt have the balls to drop naylor and give one of our boys a chance Why? cos hes cracking and he dosent know what to do

Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:16 pm

piroteczz wrote:yay lets all support dave jones now cos weve slept on it :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
no thanks!
played naylor when he took him off after 35 min previously. bristol score 2 identical goals down the same channel. man has lost the plot
didnt have the balls to drop naylor and give one of our boys a chance Why? cos hes cracking and he dosent know what to do

he does no what hes doing,but he is letting personal issues with players get in the way of proffessional matters!,its not about you dave its about cardiff city football club!!!

Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:45 pm

"Jay Bothroyd has said the blame lies with the players and not DJ, clearly he has the backing of the dressing room, can we afford the players to come out against the board if DJ goes,"

We can clearly see the manager has the backing of the dressing room! They are all over the place
on the pitch, so pray how can you reach that conclusion?

Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:57 pm

wigstar wrote:"Jay Bothroyd has said the blame lies with the players and not DJ, clearly he has the backing of the dressing room, can we afford the players to come out against the board if DJ goes,"

We can clearly see the manager has the backing of the dressing room! They are all over the place
on the pitch, so pray how can you reach that conclusion?

So 1 player ie Bothroyd = the dressing room a player who can't even be arsed to play for us ,out with a runny nose

WAKE UP FFS

Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:04 pm

MyNameIsAled wrote:Up until last night I wanted him out but he just can't go now. Yes, we are on shocking form, undeniable. But is sacking the manager in January while we are still very actively pushing for promotion and still a very big contender to go up a good idea?

Best post ive seen all week DJ is a good manger and im confident he will turn these results around

Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:12 pm

This is a wind up, right???

Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:46 pm

agree, im not blind results are shocking , but i believe getting rid now will do more damage than good , also we are likely to miss a host of transfers as if jones goes a new manager will come in and need to access the players we have before he signs anyone else , give jones the season, we have improved every year under jones, keep the faith and sing your hearts out on tuesday :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:54 pm

A host of transfers....hmmmm...I hope they're better than Naylor,Riggot,Drinkwater,Quinn.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:13 pm

Aled

offer up some proof as to why you think jones can turn things around because a couple of seasons ago we were five points clear at the top when he went on a similar run and we ended up mid table.
we needed one point from a possible twelve with an 18 goal advantage over preston two seasons ago and we failed to do it .
People also forget that when sam left the club on the day we played norwich we were top then and we won only 6 of the next 50 league games we played.
So there's plenty of evidence to prove that his bad runs can continue over large periods of games and nothing as yet to justify him staying

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:16 pm

d j has got a couple of his mates to post this rubish :lol:

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:24 pm

Im sure Jones will stay but my view is he should go and it wont change I do not like the bloke a big headed scouse with a bad attertude towards the supporters that aint going to change my view is we need a new manager now but I will respect whatever the club does and I will continue supporting my team

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:29 pm

Hallett wrote:

finally someone other than carl talking some sense, i say lets get behind our manager and players and hope they can find some form again for the second half and get us to the prem

Rubbish, you are so gullible, I tell you what, I have 3 magic beans in my pocket so you and Jones can cross your fingers and hope they germinate by the time you wake up.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:34 pm

[quote="CCFC MONKEY"]What about waiting to see how the leeds result goes :ayatollah:[/q

i have full faith in dave jones i belive we can still go up we are just having a long run of bad form but this form will end at some point we should all stick behind him at times like these and plus if the players arent performing well ( lee naylor andy keogh) theres not much dj can do

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:44 pm

cf14 boy wrote:
CCFC MONKEY wrote:What about waiting to see how the leeds result goes :ayatollah:[/q

i have full faith in dave jones i belive we can still go up we are just having a long run of bad form but this form will end at some point we should all stick behind him at times like these and plus if the players arent performing well ( lee naylor andy keogh) theres not much dj can do

Well said m8 but he shudent start them then should he ? But lets see if he can improve the squad by bringing new faces in like parkin :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:00 pm

A very sensible post, although I'm not sure a majority of the posters on this forum agree with you. My personal opinion is that most of the rank and file non-posting supporters do not want Jones to go at this point. Just my opinion.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:28 pm

Agreed....

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:39 pm

darran1927 wrote:

agree, im not blind results are shocking , but i believe getting rid now will do more damage than good , also we are likely to miss a host of transfers as if jones goes a new manager will come in and need to access the players we have before he signs anyone else , give jones the season, we have improved every year under jones, keep the faith and sing your hearts out on tuesday :ayatollah:

Well said daran
AT LASST something positive....

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:45 pm

Yeah lads, we do that. Leave dave jones stay until we find we are outside the play offs at the end of the season. We should, what have we to lose? Not like we have squad that he himself said is his best ever, and more than enough to get promoted...

JONES OUT NOW

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:49 pm

Yeah I agree with the general opinion of this post, my opinion on this issue is that the board SHOULD meet ASAP to discuss the recent slump in form and give Dave Jones 3 games ie. Leeds (H), Norwich (A) and Watford (H) to turn things around and if we don't and drop out of the top 6 then DJ should go.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:52 pm

I like dj and I feel really gutted the way things have turned out. He's been our manager now for a long time and many fans have grown very fond of him, but that's what happens in a relationship. Most people have really wanted him to turn it round, me included, but there comes a time when you have put feelings aside and do what is right for Cardiff city. Personally I would have sacked him after the Preston game and I cannot believe he is still manager. It just shows how highly thought of he is at the club. It's very sad but for me it's time for him to go

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:54 pm

steve davies wrote:

Aled

offer up some proof as to why you think jones can turn things around because a couple of seasons ago we were five points clear at the top when he went on a similar run and we ended up mid table.
we needed one point from a possible twelve with an 18 goal advantage over preston two seasons ago and we failed to do it .
People also forget that when sam left the club on the day we played norwich we were top then and we won only 6 of the next 50 league games we played.
So there's plenty of evidence to prove that his bad runs can continue over large periods of games and nothing as yet to justify him staying

I can't provide proof that he'll turn it around, I'm not psychic.
All I'm saying is that the timing of sacking Jones now is too much to risk when you look at the position we're in. Yes Jones could run us further down the table but so could another manager. Personally I don't think he'll go, I believe the players like him there and will begin to pull their finger out and play for DJ and each other., to make sure he stays.

I'm aware that we're on relagation like form but will that improve by sacking DJ and bringing in Sam Allerdyce, who would want to completely change the backroom staff as well. Which means it's not just sacking DJ it's sacking a whole host of people. Is that what the players need coming into the most important period of the season? A complete overhaul of staff in the middle of the season is foolish in my opinion. If the form continues, then yes, I say sack him. But not while we're 5th in the league, 5 points of 7th, and with a game in hand that can realistically see us back to 2nd.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:55 pm

bluebird58 wrote:

A very sensible post, although I'm not sure a majority of the posters on this forum agree with you. My personal opinion is that most of the rank and file non-posting supporters do not want Jones to go at this point. Just my opinion.

After the Wurzel game I would say most of the suporters there expressed that DJ should go.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:56 pm

yes jones has to stay yes we are having a bad run of things but we are 5th at the bottom of championship and have a game in hand so he has to stay he has done wonders for us, bring some new players in a new back 4 we will be fine and im sure scumsea qpr and leeds will all drop points too

Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:22 pm

A lot of posters were saying but we are second. Now its come on we are 5th. We are dropping faster than a falling rock :o Will it be next "come on lads we are in the top half of the table!!" The dressing room is lost DJ has lost the plot his interview yesterday has said he has lost the plot. The only way we are going at the moment is down the table. I cant see us beating Leeds and i am dreading Stoke as they will destroy our defence.
If we dont disperse ourselves of DJ then we can kiss promotion goodbye. He will not take us up he has taken us as far as he can go. He cant go on destroying careers. Look at Bellamy he is turning into a average Championship player it looks to me even his confidence is shot.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:16 am

I genuinely believe Jonesy is a good manager but where we are is at his level. I am never going to call for his head or chant negative obscenities it him at the ground but I do feel it's time to go. He is unable to take us over the line. There was the failure to make the play-offs. Then the failure to win the final and now more recently the failure to keep a run going and open a huge gap that would almost guarantee us a place in the promised land. What's has happened since the scum game is unacceptable and DJ looks in no position or frame of mind to change it. :(

As for losing the dressing room if he went? It seems the Newcastle players soon forgot about Hughton! :o

The fact is. Whether we're challenging for promotion, fighting relegation. In the top flight or bottom. Whoever the manager and players are I'll be there and so will most of you.

Keep the Faith! :ayatollah: