Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: DJ has to stay.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:24 am

Sacking DJ now would be a risk and if it was just a case of players playing badly then I would back him but I think it's more than that now! His tactics and selection have been so abysmal lately that even before games the fans can see the problems we will have yet he can't! The displays have also shown a real lack of fight and desire and yet the manager stands motionless on the touchline! Personally I think he's completely lost his way and if he stays we run a real risk of dropping out of the play offs! Maybe a few new signings could galvanize us but tomorrow night will really show whether he still has a future here! If we get hammered then I can't see how the board can back him any longer! Whatever happens I will be cheering for us to win tomorrow

Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:40 am

Jimbo27 wrote:Sacking DJ now would be a risk and if it was just a case of players playing badly then I would back him but I think it's more than that now! His tactics and selection have been so abysmal lately that even before games the fans can see the problems we will have yet he can't! The displays have also shown a real lack of fight and desire and yet the manager stands motionless on the touchline! Personally I think he's completely lost his way and if he stays we run a real risk of dropping out of the play offs! Maybe a few new signings could galvanize us but tomorrow night will really show whether he still has a future here! If we get hammered then I can't see how the board can back him any longer! Whatever happens I will be cheering for us to win tomorrow

Everyman and his dog on this forum are 100% behind the team and the club when they play of that there is no doubt.
The frustrating thing about jones is that most football writers( and not just the local hacks) have pinpointed the frailties in our back four with naylors left hand side being the most productive area for our opponents.
What does jones do but if you believe what you read in the echo our second signing will be another striker.
I have continually asked on this forum for anybody to show a shred of evidence that he has at any time in his tenure pulled us back from this type of lengthy slump in form.
The real evidence suggests he wont but if he stays i hope that he makes me eat my words but along with a lot of others i have major doubts that he will.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:54 am

CCFC MONKEY wrote:What about waiting to see how the leeds result goes :ayatollah:

No pressure on players and manager from YOU then, eh??

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:03 am

I love it on here people saying 'jones out, jones out'!!! Ok then so who will come in at this stage of the season and get us promoted, because I can't think of one manager that can, dave jones is the right man for the job and he will get us promoted, we'll beat leeds on tuesday and I'll be there supporting the team and the manager!!!!!

Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:41 am

If Jones plays Naylor and Blake against Leeds then Jones must go, straight up to Whichurch hospital, the straghtjacket is waiting

Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:16 pm

Pricey wrote:If Jones plays Naylor and Blake against Leeds then Jones must go, straight up to Whichurch hospital, the straghtjacket is waiting

:lol:

Could Not agree more.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:33 pm

jamiebluebird wrote:I love it on here people saying 'jones out, jones out'!!! Ok then so who will come in at this stage of the season and get us promoted, because I can't think of one manager that can, dave jones is the right man for the job and he will get us promoted, we'll beat leeds on tuesday and I'll be there supporting the team and the manager!!!!!

I made a thread about this after the wurzel disaster. I would turn it on the head and say who WOULD NOT get us promoted? Take our league. Every manager that has not met expectations has been sacked. Those remaining are at least doing the jobs they should be doing - ALL except Dave Jones. All meeting the expectations referential to quality of squad, facilities etc. Except DJ.

What says if these managers do it easily enough at their own clubs, that they couldn't at least do it here? We don't need a massive transformation, the tools are there, DJ said it himself. Merely a case of basic management, which seems to be lacking.

I am convinced that nearly any other manager in our league could come in now, and get us working how we should and basically sort shite out.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:20 pm

MyNameIsAled wrote:Up until last night I wanted him out but he just can't go now. Yes, we are on shocking form, undeniable. But is sacking the manager in January while we are still very actively pushing for promotion and still a very big contender to go up a good idea?
Jay Bothroyd has said the blame lies with the players and not DJ, clearly he has the backing of the dressing room, can we afford the players to come out against the board if DJ goes, it just creates more drama than it's worth. We must also consider the money it costs when sacking a manager, it sure as hell ain't cheap. We have a good manager in DJ, he's done great stuff here and personally I think sacking a manager mid-season rarely produces significantly better results. Dave Jones knows the club, knows the players and has done a lot for us while here.
Something must change at the club, I personally think sacking DJ now will not benefit us at all. Just my two cents, feel free to disagree but sacking a manager in January should be a last resort. Look at Prestion and Palace sacked their managers while they were in the relagation zone, right decision, nothing to lose by bringing in a new manager. We are 5th in the league, a new manager here could find himself unsettled, lose control of the players and sink us to mid-table by the end of the season. We have a lot to lose by sacking DJ, more than Preston and Palace and I honestly feel it would be nothing but a farce to sack Dj at this point in the season.

Agree Too :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:18 pm

If he wins the next two games then maybe. Anything less than four points and a drubbing at the hands of Stoke and he HAS to go. Thanks for all your hard work but times up

Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:00 pm

Interesting debate, but as you know I BELIEVE HE HAS TO GO NOW.