Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

One Team !

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:45 pm

all this love-in's with other teams celtic etc

I dont know about you but there's only one team i support/ care about and thats cardiff city

i really dont understand all the the other teams crap :?:

all i can think of is plasticness

Re: One Team !

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:48 pm

I'm with you on this one Ben.

One team for me. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old: :old: :old:

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:48 pm

Ben wrote:all this love-in's with other teams celtic etc

I dont know about you but there's only one team i support/ care about and thats cardiff city

Well thats your opinion. If you don't like it, then don't comment about it. Simple really :roll:
People are entitled to support whoever they want.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:50 pm

PhatFrog wrote:

Well thats your opinion. If you don't like it, then don't comment about it. Simple really :roll:

Of course they are, fill your boots! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:52 pm

Uncle Fester wrote:
PhatFrog wrote:

Of course they are, fill your boots! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

You make it sound like if someone supports more than one team then they are fairweather supporters and fickle.....

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:58 pm

all i can think of is plasticness[/quote]

People are entitled to support whoever they want.[/quote]

Of course they are, fill your boots! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:[/quote]

You make it sound like if someone supports more than one team then they are fairweather supporters and fickle.....[/quote]

It's up to you who you support. Perhaps you just feel that way?

I just know I could not support a team in Scotland. Why would I? I have nothing to do with them whatsoever!
That' s just the way I feel that's all. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:00 pm

im commenting on it because i can't get my head around it thats all, i want to understand!

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:01 pm

it kind of says who supports who when u see the cockney mancs on ssn interviews before games or irish scowsers i mean wtf is that all about and kids in wales running around in 40£ arsenal tops but never been nore has there parents never understand it me support where you live or born :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:03 pm

this is the problem see

i think the people who do support more teams other than cardiff city were/are infact plastic's before supporting us, you know supporting MAN U and LIVERPOOL etc

thats why they can have these "second teams" they wern't cardiff fans all thier lives!!!! if you were brought up cardiff then all you eat drink breath is cardiff city f.c FACT

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:05 pm

I'm proud that I support Cardiff and Merthyr. I like Rangers, but I cant really claim to support them as all I do is watch them on tv. But I do support two teams and I watch either one of them every week.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:13 pm

Ben wrote:im commenting on it because i can't get my head around it thats all, i want to understand!

Ben

I personally support Rangers because I am very proud of my Scottish roots. Dont get me wrong, i'll always be Welsh and Cardiff will always be my number one team. But with my Dad and his family all hailing from the Blue side of Glasgow....I didn't have much choice. And I will admit that my fathers parents, grandparents etc were all staunch Orange Loyalists so Rangers was part of the religion. And even going back hundreds of years, my family were protestant landowners in Ireland. That isnt really an issue for myself or my father as we arn't really religious. I havn't seen Rangers play but i'm dying to go. It might make next years Christmas list ;)

I know other people like Rangers because they hear of some of the disgraceful chants etc that Celtic sing. Alot of proud brits get outraged by their anti-royal, anti-British, anti- British army stance/chants/banners. Not saying its all Celtic fans. But it does make the news.

Hope this helps explain a few things.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:28 pm

Sometimes its the way you are braught up. If you look around the stadium now, where we are having 23,000 every week, whereas 10 yrs ago we was getting less than half of that! I was always braught up to be a Man United fan because all my family are! My uncle used to take me up since I was 6! That was the only way I knew, I started watching city when I was around 12 because they were the local team that I liked (along with Merthyr). I am now 24 and a season ticket holder at City, and I am still a OneUnited member of Manchester United, and still go up regualar and to aways and Euro aways! You would be more of a plastic to disregard your roots because your local team are now on the brink of the Premier League!!

Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:55 pm

Blue_Lloyd wrote:Sometimes its the way you are braught up. If you look around the stadium now, where we are having 23,000 every week, whereas 10 yrs ago we was getting less than half of that! I was always braught up to be a Man United fan because all my family are! My uncle used to take me up since I was 6! That was the only way I knew, I started watching city when I was around 12 because they were the local team that I liked (along with Merthyr). I am now 24 and a season ticket holder at City, and I am still a OneUnited member of Manchester United, and still go up regualar and to aways and Euro aways! You would be more of a plastic to disregard your roots because your local team are now on the brink of the Premier League!!

Even though I cant stand United. This is a good post

Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:48 am

Billy Hunt. wrote:
Blue_Lloyd wrote:Sometimes its the way you are braught up. If you look around the stadium now, where we are having 23,000 every week, whereas 10 yrs ago we was getting less than half of that! I was always braught up to be a Man United fan because all my family are! My uncle used to take me up since I was 6! That was the only way I knew, I started watching city when I was around 12 because they were the local team that I liked (along with Merthyr). I am now 24 and a season ticket holder at City, and I am still a OneUnited member of Manchester United, and still go up regualar and to aways and Euro aways! You would be more of a plastic to disregard your roots because your local team are now on the brink of the Premier League!!

Even though I cant stand United. This is a good post

Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:56 am

Plastic indeed....and a 'wooden' desire to be associated with success by ANY means!!

I once knew a guy (genuinely from Penarth) who would go to rugby matches wearing TWO shirts under his jacket, so he could go into the bar and 'mix' with the WINNING supporters!!

How sad is that????

:lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll:

Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:59 am

I will only support one team which is obviously Cardiff City.

However, I follow Chasetown and I also follow Ross County because my name is Ross. My mates even ordered me a Ross County shirt online and a proudly wear it occasionally. Also, Marseille are now my favourite French team as I commented on their alternate black kit and my dad bought the shirt for me as a christmas present. It's a stunning top and with the 5 aside I play, gives me an extra shirt to wear. I also bought a Galatasary top when I was in Turkey, so I suppose I follow Galatasary in the Turkish league, and I still wear my centenary Barcelona shirt which is half red, half blue and navy sleeves, another stunning shirt.

Despite owning these other football tops and occasionally looking out for these teams results, there is only one team I support, and if City played any of these teams I would be wanting them to put 10 goals past them! :ayatollah: