Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Enough is Enough, DJ Must Go "

Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:24 am

" So says NATHAN BLAKE "

Enough is enough, Jones must be shown
Jan 3 2011
by Nathan Blake.

IT is time for Dave Jones to be released as Cardiff City manager.

That is quite a hard thing for me to write, but when I look at recent results, culminating with that awful defeat at Bristol City then you have to say enough is enough.

We keep hearing about a blip in the Bluebirds form, but what is happening currently is not a blip. It is something far more serious than that.

A month ago when people were calling for his head I was urging calm and for more time for Dave to turn things around, but I truly believe that time has run out.

Talk of bad runs and dips of form and of hoe Cardiff are still well placed in the division are just not going to cut it any more I’m afraid.

Being told to ‘stick together’ and ‘not to panic’ well, it’s too late for that too.

I have been saying for weeks now there is a big problem within the Cardiff squad a disharmony amongst the ranks which is causing problems on the pitch.

I don’t need to be told this is not the case because I can see it with my own eyes.

To hear this constantly denied by Dave is unacceptable too. I would have a lot more respect for the man if he came out and admitted the problems, we don’t need to know details, and then assured everyone that he was doing his utmost to put things right.

It is this inability to actually focus on the under-lying problems, that has convinced me that Dave’s time at Cardiff is up.

I know what goes on in dressing rooms, I’ve been in plenty, I’ve been in Dave Jones’ dressing room.

I know all too well how it operates. One disillusioned player becomes two then three, then five and six. I’ve seen the signs.

We are constantly told that Dave will be bringing in more players, getting rid of others, but you can’t deal with it like that. You can’t throw money at it.

Bringing in more players now is only likely to make the problem worse. It has to be dealt with from within and Dave I’m afraid seems unable to do that.

Anyway Cardiff’s position now even if they are in fifth place is a real worry too.

I fear4ed they might be swallowed up by the chasing pack and that is just what has happened.

When you look at the form of some of the sides around them and chasing them Cardiff just cannot afford to keep this run of poor results going.

The Cardiff City board need to act decisively and they have to act fast.

The new manger must be given at least a fighting chance of stamping his won authority on things.

Any new manager needs time to operate within this month’s transfer window. That would only be fair.

Then he has half a season to make sure the Bluebirds are promoted to the Premiership because I really doubt they are going to get a better chance than this.

People might find it strange to call for a manager’s head when they are riding high, but let’s face it, this is no ordinary Cardiff squad this season.

The addition of the likes of Craig Bellamy, Seyi Olofinjana and Jason Koumas, on top of what Dave already had, well there was really no room for error.

Most certainly not the amount of error we have seen from Cardiff over the last two months anyway.

I tell you what though, I have made the call for Jones to be sacked, but I don’t think he will be.

I fear the way the Cardiff board is set up at the moment means taking the decision might prove too difficult.

You’ve got your local directors, but the real power likes with chairman Dato Chan Tien Ghee and particular Vincent Tan.

I actually believe they maybe too far removed from the action, from the groundswell of feeling, to make the right move before it is too late.

And believe me if Jones is not removed soon, they will need to come out and totally back him until the end of the season because soon they will find it is too late.

I don’t think chief executive Gethin Jenkins has thee experience to deal with the situation either.

He has only been there five minutes and he really is a rugby man. That is not adequate preparation for what is going on now.

Football is like swimming with sharks, rugby is like swimming with dolphins, they don’t bite!

But perhaps the clearest indication that the Cardiff board plan to stick by Jones is the fact they have already allowed him to make his first signing in the transfer window.

Jon Parkin has been brought in from Preston and you really don’t allow that from a manager you plan on showing the door any time soon.

I think Dave might be given the chance to lead the Bluebirds through to the end of this vital season.

There are plenty of people out there who will agree with this decision, I respect that view, but it is not one I share.

Re: Enough is Enough, DJ must go

Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:33 am

But Carl Curtis disagrees?

Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:40 am

quadsas wrote:But Carl Curtis disagrees?

Yes, now is not the time.

Dave Jones created the squad that got us top of the league this season and he is responsible for the current loss of form, so as manager we must afford the time to manage it.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:14 am

I totaly agree with NB, the biggest problem is DJ himself. He has dug himself so deep a hole its impossible for him to get out, but the vibes are that he will be give untill the end to the season. Too late, imho.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:33 am

agree with NB JONES OUT

Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:34 am

carlccfc wrote:So says Nathan Blake

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -27922400/?

NB has hit the spot with this article DJ must go and right now. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " Enough is Enough, DJ Must Go "

Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:08 am

For a minute Carl, I thought you had seen Sense with that Headline, But Nathan has Seen the Light and Dave Jones MUST GO NOW TO SAVE OUR SEASON, FOR THE 6th SEASON RUNNING, " ENOUGH is ENOUGH "

Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:16 am

I really can't see how any cardiff city supporter want a manager who is failing the fans to stay any longer :ayatollah: we have all paid good money to watch city, and at the moment all that we are watching is complete drivel. conferance standard at best

Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:27 am

Nathan Blake is spot on, then again I suspect 80% of us know that.

A lot of people who post on MB's don't see football the way others see it. We are all mostly parks/ ex parks players, and will never have the true insight that comes with a professional career.

However a huge number of us have watched fottball for years, and are able to rise above the 'keep the faith', and 'lets all pull together' mantra, that seem to prevail when the chips are down.

Thr club, and team, are in an awful mes. They aren't pulling for the manager, or the fans. They don't know when to pass, and to who. They don't know when to tackle. They don't know who to mark. They look totally devoid of any structure. And then there's the 'effort'. What manager in this or any other division would put up with players who barely contribute 50%.

We've blown our best ever chance. That's a fact.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:28 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:I really can't see how any cardiff city supporter want a manager who is failing the fans to stay any longer :ayatollah: we have all paid good money to watch city, and at the moment all that we are watching is complete drivel. conferance standard at best

^^^^ This

I refuse to buy a season ticket again whilst this bozo's in charge. From the best squad to needing five more players within half a season is evidence enough he knows F*** ALL about management. It's all too obvious the man needs to work on himself. Psychologicaly he is now inept, living in a cocoon of his own intransigence.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:29 am

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:Nathan Blake is spot on, then again I suspect 80% of us know that.

A lot of people who post on MB's don't see football the way others see it. We are all mostly parks/ ex parks players, and will never have the true insight that comes with a professional career.

However a huge number of us have watched fottball for years, and are able to rise above the 'keep the faith', and 'lets all pull together' mantra, that seem to prevail when the chips are down.

Thr club, and team, are in an awful mes. They aren't pulling for the manager, or the fans. They don't know when to pass, and to who. They don't know when to tackle. They don't know who to mark. They look totally devoid of any structure. And then there's the 'effort'. What manager in this or any other division would put up with players who barely contribute 50%.

Your Best Post on here SO FAR Monkfish :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:31 am

carlccfc wrote:

Dave Jones created the squad that got us top of the league this season and he is responsible for the current loss of form, so as manager we must afford the time to manage it.

I agree now is not the time...it should have been done 4 /5 weeks ago.

A quick decision should have been made when the usual signs of another DJ slump appeared.

If this was done we'd now be heading into the jan transfer Market with a new manager and a new direction.

I honestly can't see how anyone can continue to support Jones. In my view he's lost the plot and it may even be kinder to let him go for his own health.

I

Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:33 am

Forever Blue wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:Nathan Blake is spot on, then again I suspect 80% of us know that.

Your Best Post on here SO FAR Monkfish :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Too many people have noticed that managerialy Jones is a spent force with nothing further to offer. His bag of ideas has run out. The only energy he exhibits nowadays is with his outbursts at the media. Poor Dave, doesn't even know the source of his problems so lashes out at everything.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:34 am

when we missed out on play offs (the 6-0 season) i wanted him gone then. then i liked him last year, now i want him out

Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:35 am

RobP wrote: it may even be kinder to let him go for his own health.

I

I think you're right.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:39 am

This is the most telling comment for me from Nathan - "I know what goes on in dressing rooms, I’ve been in plenty, I’ve been in Dave Jones’ dressing room." I think it's clear for all to see what Nathan is intimating here.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:46 am

ihatealiens wrote:This is the most telling comment for me from Nathan - "I know what goes on in dressing rooms, I’ve been in plenty, I’ve been in Dave Jones’ dressing room." I think it's clear for all to see what Nathan is intimating here.

Exactly what i was thinking. He has lost the dressing room big time, & his bully boy tactics & self denial are becoming more & more evident.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:56 am

As i said somwhere else. Portsmouth, Blackpool, top of the table then missing out on a play off place and
now the mess we are in now.

I dont believe this is a bad run,this is something deeper. we are getting worse, first we were just losing
now we are getting hammered,are we going to lose 6 nil soon.

The rot has to stop, from 1st place with a healthy lead to 5th. lets be honest, if the teams around us
were performing a little better, we would not even be in the play-off position now, we have rode our luck, or
should i say DJ has.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:13 am

I think it's about time the players opened their mouths - let's hear whats been going on

Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:56 am

I played to a pretty high standard, earned a few quid etc. I think dressing rooms are the same
at any level. You have strong personalities, loud lads, gobby ones and quiet ones. The managers
job is to mould all these into a team. Get them playing to the best of their abilities and to find
formations and tactics that result in three points at the end of the game! Most of all.. his job
is to get eleven lads on that pitch that will dig out for each other, hurt one of us and you hurt us
all kind of thing.

Jones man management is shite. He has his favourites like Hudson who he never seems to criticise
even when the rest of the team can see the feller f*cking up. Players see this. Then they see him
tear a young lad a new arse for making a mistake... this all registers. Thats when you start to get
factions in the dressing room and arguments. Had Adam Matthews been left back against Watford
you wouldnt have seen him again for dust, yet Naylor gets another chance and gets smashed again.

But Jones formations and tactics are just as bad. We have a brilliant young lad here from Man Utd
that must wonder what nightmare he's walked into. DJ seems to have this "your a youngster so you
can be versatile and thankful of a game anywhere" attitude. A f*cking five year old could figure out
that our WHOLE formation should be geared to freeing our wide men, because we have the two best
wingers in the division. What does he do? plays wingers down the middle and strikers out wide.

Parkin is in my opinion a good signing. But his very first signing should have been a Centre-Half.

Jones obviously had Parkin lined up, why not a defender??... he was gambling on Riggott thats why
and i FEAR he is in talks over Woodgate... another scary signing given the lads injury problems

There is no bright side here

Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:08 am

taffyapple wrote:

I played to a pretty high standard, earned a few quid etc. I think dressing rooms are the same
at any level. You have strong personalities, loud lads, gobby ones and quiet ones. The managers
job is to mould all these into a team. Get them playing to the best of their abilities and to find
formations and tactics that result in three points at the end of the game! Most of all.. his job
is to get eleven lads on that pitch that will dig out for each other, hurt one of us and you hurt us
all kind of thing.

Jones man management is shite. He has his favourites like Hudson who he never seems to criticise
even when the rest of the team can see the feller f*cking up. Players see this. Then they see him
tear a young lad a new arse for making a mistake... this all registers. Thats when you start to get
factions in the dressing room and arguments. Had Adam Matthews been left back against Watford
you wouldnt have seen him again for dust, yet Naylor gets another chance and gets smashed again.

But Jones formations and tactics are just as bad. We have a brilliant young lad here from Man Utd
that must wonder what nightmare he's walked into. DJ seems to have this "your a youngster so you
can be versatile and thankful of a game anywhere" attitude. A f*cking five year old could figure out
that our WHOLE formation should be geared to freeing our wide men, because we have the two best
wingers in the division. What does he do? plays wingers down the middle and strikers out wide.

Parkin is in my opinion a good signing. But his very first signing should have been a Centre-Half.

Jones obviously had Parkin lined up, why not a defender??... he was gambling on Riggott thats why
and i FEAR he is in talks over Woodgate... another scary signing given the lads injury problems

You make a lot of good points here Taffy, but to be fair to DJ, he did have O'Brien at the Cardiff City Stadium, around or before Jon Parkin, so he is trying to bring in defenders as well!

Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:11 am

80%??

The WM&E people ran a poll yesterday and well over 60% want him to STAY until the end of the season....

Please get your FACTS right and on't speak on behalf of the silent majority who don't shout their opinions (unlike the rest of us on here, including me!! :lol: ) preferring instead just to watch the games and get behind their team where it matters...on the pitch!!

One thing I'll ALWAYS say about Annis is that he has an ability to leave the politics aside once in his seat :ayatollah:

YOU (and many others) may want DJ out NOW but it looks like it won't happen....and I wonder how many of you will go back to chanting his name and asking him to 'do the ayatollah' when we fianlly manage to strig a couple of results together??

Some won't....but many of you seasonal thinkers will!!

My sincere hope is that he gets the EXACT players he has asked for in this transfer window in order to put things right (mainly in defence but not totally, as others are not doing their jobs either at the moment!!) before pushing on towards the end of the season....and hopefully to promotion!!

DJ already knows THAT is the minimum requirement, so get behind him and let's be the twelfth man on that field....

WE CAN DO IT!!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:39 am

Overthemoon wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

I forgot about O'Brien mate

I stand corrected!!
all kind of thing.

You make a lot of good points here Taffy, but to be fair to DJ, he did have O'Brien at the Cardiff City Stadium, around or before Jon Parkin, so he is trying to bring in defenders as well!

Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:40 am

I will be the 12th man I love this club and I am proud to be a City supporter I had to put up with plastics in the 70s telling me cardiff city are shit as a kid I looked at them in disbelief that they supported Man U spurs and other top teams and didnt go and see them I always went to see my team plus my son goes through the same and he just laughs but he has had more fun with those so called plastics by enjoying 3 trips to Wembley a play off final at the millinium stadium maybe not all sucsessful ones but he has been there to support his team

But I still agree with Blake

Jones should go but whatever happens I will be down the nin for a pint on Tuesday and will be shouting my support for the Bluebirds when the game starts

Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:53 am

carlccfc wrote:

2 months isn't long enought then?

Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:14 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:

80%??

The WM&E people ran a poll yesterday and well over 60% want him to STAY until the end of the season....

Please get your FACTS right and on't speak on behalf of the silent majority who don't shout their opinions (unlike the rest of us on here, including me!! :lol: ) preferring instead just to watch the games and get behind their team where it matters...on the pitch!!

One thing I'll ALWAYS say about Annis is that he has an ability to leave the politics aside once in his seat :ayatollah:

YOU (and many others) may want DJ out NOW but it looks like it won't happen....and I wonder how many of you will go back to chanting his name and asking him to 'do the ayatollah' when we fianlly manage to strig a couple of results together??

My sincere hope is that he gets the EXACT players he has asked for in this transfer window in order to put things right (mainly in defence but not totally, as others are not doing their jobs either at the moment!!) before pushing on towards the end of the season....and hopefully to promotion!!

DJ already knows THAT is the minimum requirement, so get behind him and let's be the twelfth man on that field....

WE CAN DO IT!!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sven, I always Respect Your posts, But I Will as you know Continue to Sing/Back the Team, But as everyone near me Knows, I've Never Sung Dave Jones Name, NOT ONCE and Dont intend to change on it.
I dont think he will be Sacked unless were out of the Top 6 .

Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:24 pm

i seen this post, enough is enough, by carl,,,,, and the post above, come on dj, by carl, just about to give him a mouthfull, and its nathan blake :ayatollah: :lol:

Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:49 pm

NB sums the situation up nicely. I've never been a Jones fan, always been sceptical and IMHO he should have gone some time ago. He was lucky to survive the end of season capitulation two seasons ago and certainly should have gone after the Preston game in December. A work colleague of mine is a Wolves season ticket holder (lives there BTW not a plastic). In fact his company has a long standing business relationship with Wolves. I've spoken to him many times about Jones tenure up there. Let's just say it's history repeating itself. He's seen by them as a nearly guy, capable of getting to the heights and then crashing back down very quickly. My mate tells me not many Wolves supporters talk about him with much affection despite him getting them to the Premier League, albeit limping over the line through the play-offs having blown a fairly commanding automatic promotion spot. Purely my opinion, but this guy will not turn things around. Decent players don't become bad player overnight but if the manager can't get them working as a team (I think Taffyapple makes this point), its the end of the road. One final point on Jones supposed strongest squad ever, again purely my opinion but with the possible exception of Heaton, I can't see what the fuss was about:
Oli: 6 foot 3 lump of lard. What exactly does he do? Midfield enforcer my arse. (My Wolves mate had a few choice words about him too)
Koumas: Finished. Barely played in 18 months. Huge gamble enough said.
Keogh: Never a centre forward/ target man/ goal scorer. Headless chicken. Bigger version of Warren Feeney.
Riggot: Another massive gamble. Career wrecked by injury.
Drinkwater: What's happened to him for Christs sake?
Bellamy: Well lets be totally honest lads time to take off those rose tinted specs, you can see why Mancini wouldn't put him in his squad. Shadow of the player he was.
Naylor: Total crap. Can't defend, slow, flat footed going into the tackle, offers nothing going forward.

Best squad in years my arse. When we've a couple of centre backs in the Johnson/ Loovens mould we'll be on the right track, but I've got this nightmare/ comedy scenario going round in my head of Woodgate and Riggot playing propped up by all sorts of surgical appliances and lasting 20 minutes each.

Anyway, whatever I think it looks like Mr Loser is still going to be in charge for the Leeds game. I wonder what happens if we lose???

Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:50 pm

carlccfc wrote:

The way I see it Carl is that when DJ has a rift with someone he either puts them out to seed or gets rid. That's the only way he can handle a disagreement. I believe he is now in such a position that the majority of the team is now in a disagreement with him and he don't know what to do. Basicly, I believe he has lost it big time. :( :( :( :(

Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:24 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:The WM&E people ran a poll yesterday and well over 60% want him to STAY until the end of the season....

WE CAN DO IT!!!!

Seasonal thinkers? That's pretty arrogant. A DJ comment about our fans if I ever heard one.

I appreciate what DJ has done for me over the seasons that he has been in charge and I have backed him until VERY recently. Something is very wrong at the club at the moment and he is not managing to deal with it, whatever it is. I don't for one minute profess to know what that problem is all I can do is judge the performances that I've seen on the pitch. The man does himself no favours with the fans or the media and certain players, I can see that through interviews on tv and Cardiff City world.

I agree that quoting 80% on here is a bit naive to think that is the general view but quoting the WM&E is equally naive due to the fact that the vote on there can be hiJACKed.