Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" VALE UPDATE ON PARKIN AND JAY "

Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:14 pm

afternoon all.

got to gym about 10.45

parkin and physio walked in behind me, parkin was on the bike for over 30 mins flat out.

then jay walked in which made me think HE MITE OF TRAINED WITH FIRST TEAM TODAY i say mite cuz he came in alot longer after parkin. jay went on the bike aswell to warm up .

so them two where in gym together doing alot of ball work,

they used this wobbly thing you stand on to keep balance and used a 10 k ball to, they stand one leg on this and on leg in front and push down and move the ball from side to side this would help with abs calf's knees and back. then after that they would go on this vibrating machine which helps calfs knee and hamstring they stay on that for 2 mins, then they would get off that and do press ups on the wobbly board one armed pressed up then swap arms. then they would use the big exercise ball they would lay on it with stomach and push there legs forward then use there top half of there body to push it back this would also help all of the body parts i have mentioned.

they would also use a 10 k ball by pushing down and them pushing back up moving a leg sideways this would help groins and stomach muscles and hells and calfs. they would do 8 reps and 3 sets with 10 second break.

reps of 8 but sets of 3 with about 30 secs break this would pump heart rate up and blood in al areas of the body.

they also did alot of squats as i said before this would help knees back and calfs and heels. they did some chest to, 50 k 8 reps 4 sets and pull up machine 45 k with 10 reps and 3 sets. this would walk all the body and help the heart rate keep constant beat when training.

with people regarding parking as fat b*stard very unfair unles u see him face to face like i did today he is machine bit taller than jay and a lot stronger yes he got little bit of belly but that will be burned off easily as cardiff city train alot dif to preston we have better resources. if are players looked like him then we would win the league with fear lmao he monster fair play.

regards to jay he looks ok but i don't no if he trained with first team as i seen al of them on the pitch before i went in the gym.

if i was betting man parkin mite be on bench 2mo but i doubt it very much they both will be imvolved but that i JUST GUESSING.

hope you enjoy the read,

keep the faith

regards rob

Re: VALE UPDATE ON PARKIN AND JAY

Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:20 pm

sounds like good news lets just hope both players are fit :ayatollah: :D

Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:21 pm

Cheers Rob, Very Much Appreciated :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Cheers Rob, Very Much Appreciated :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

annis play them together would give defenders something to think about. i stood next to parkin today my god he a monster. lets hope jay stays :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:29 pm

So Parkin is gonna start on the wing and storm down that right flank straight to greggs errrm the penalty box :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: Naaah he may have an impact.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:29 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Cheers Rob, Very Much Appreciated :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

annis play them together would give defenders something to think about. i stood next to parkin today my god he a monster. lets hope jay stays :ayatollah:

:lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:30 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:if are players looked like him then we would win the league with fear lmao he monster fair play.

:lol: This made me laugh, fair play! :)

Thanks for the update matey! :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:39 pm

2nd best striker I played against was a big lump like Parkin.

I usually got the better of strikers in the air, (being 6'2 and mobile) but this guy (played for Rhydfelin) got in his spot and you couldnt move him to get to the header. After 20 minutes you work out to jump early, and can get about evens with him, but thats a real risk, beacuse if you mistime it you can get caught out.
The extra bit of weight didnt stop the guy from shifting as well.

Parkin is similar, he's carrying a bit, but is so strong he can still do well over 10-20-30 yards and his power gives him acceleration.

Occasioanlly he can look clumsy -so can most target men (except Jay), but he really is the sort of guy deenders really hate to play against.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:52 pm

Lawnmower wrote:2nd best striker I played against was a big lump like Parkin.

I usually got the better of strikers in the air, (being 6'2 and mobile) but this guy (played for Rhydfelin) got in his spot and you couldnt move him to get to the header. After 20 minutes you work out to jump early, and can get about evens with him, but thats a real risk, beacuse if you mistime it you can get caught out.
The extra bit of weight didnt stop the guy from shifting as well.

Parkin is similar, he's carrying a bit, but is so strong he can still do well over 10-20-30 yards and his power gives him acceleration.

Occasioanlly he can look clumsy -so can most target men (except Jay), but he really is the sort of guy deenders really hate to play against.

he not has fat as people make out to be this mite be step he needed to show his true ability i say what i seen if he was fat b*stard i would say but to be he didn't look at fat as people make out, littl ebit of belly but as i said we got better trainign things down at Cardiff so he can work out more. don't judge him just yet let him show what he can do i say. he have more physical upfront than we have with jay that's a fact.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:06 pm

bluebirds23,,,,,,, you need to stop being so nosey, and concentrate on your own gym routine :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :lol:

Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:08 pm

Hope I'm wrong but that sounds more like two players carrying knocks having special treatment as opposed to two players ready to play tomorrow. Let hope they were just being cautious and checking them out.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:09 pm

ninianblue wrote:bluebirds23,,,,,,, you need to stop being so nosey, and concentrate on your own gym routine :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :lol:

:lol: :lol: i do they just next to me whilst i train :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol:

shadwellblue wrote:Hope I'm wrong but that sounds more like two players carrying knocks having special treatment as opposed to two players ready to play tomorrow. Let hope they were just being cautious and checking them out.

i really don't no whats going to happen, i can see parkin bein on bench more than jay starting if i am honest

Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:10 pm

Cheers Rob ;) Great update again :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:32 pm

would you say Jay looked fit enough to play ?

Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:39 pm

welshdougie wrote:would you say Jay looked fit enough to play ?

Yes

Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:44 pm

Doing a lot of squats drains your legs especially a day before a game.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:50 pm

Labby Doos wrote:Doing a lot of squats drains your legs especially a day before a game.

Yep who knows he mite or mite not but ovsily his calfs hamstrings heels are not right . But just wait and see all I cam say is what I see :)

Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:21 pm

i have a ''little bit of a belly'' is he similar to me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:21 pm

I was at the Vale today and saw the team training and wished Jon all the best as he came out of the pavilion on his way to the Hotel Gym with the physio, he is a big unit and defenders will fear him, and I watched the team training 9 aside on a half pitch but Jay wasn't with them.
He did however turn up later on his own and was taking pot shots at goal when all the rest of the team had gone back to the pavilion.
He has been training alone with the physio for a while now.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:30 pm

jay is too BIG to train with the team, with his england cap and all that :lol:

Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:47 pm

I can remember a few years back playing some team and they had a striker who was nearly 40 and had a huge gut. He just so happened to hold the record for the most goals scored in one season in those leagues.

Parkin - lower league version of Hartson?

Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:52 pm

Steve Van Halen wrote:I can remember a few years back playing some team and they had a striker who was nearly 40 and had a huge gut. He just so happened to hold the record for the most goals scored in one season in those leagues.

Parkin - lower league version of Hartson?

who knows but he will give mor power up front

Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:55 pm

Blue Tone wrote:I was at the Vale today and saw the team training and wished Jon all the best as he came out of the pavilion on his way to the Hotel Gym with the physio, he is a big unit and defenders will fear him, and I watched the team training 9 aside on a half pitch but Jay wasn't with them.
He did however turn up later on his own and was taking pot shots at goal when all the rest of the team had gone back to the pavilion.

was you? i seen griff down there from this forum. was u training in the gym today ? or just down there watching them train. least jayhitting a ball now haha

Re: " VALE UPDATE ON PARKIN AND JAY "

Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:01 pm

Parkin is a skilkfull player and quick for his size. He could suprise a few people. the man is big but a good footballer particularly on the deck.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:01 pm

Nice one Rob, spot on mate, dont know how you remembered all that. They left just after you did.
Agree what you say about both, they seemed to be training without any injuries so fingers crossed for tomorrow night.
Youre also right about Parkin being huge, some of the Blues came in after and most of the forwards were smaller than him!!!

They are going to need an exercise trike for him!!! :D

Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:02 pm

Parkin is a skilkfull player and quick for his size. He could suprise a few people. the man is big but a good footballer particularly on the deck.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:05 pm

griff105 wrote:Nice one Rob, spot on mate, dont know how you remembered all that. They left just after you did.
Agree what you say about both, they seemed to be training without any injuries so fingers crossed for tomorrow night.
Youre also right about Parkin being huge, some of the Blues came in after and most of the forwards were smaller than him!!!

They are going to need an exercise trike for him!!! :D

i got some to back me up now haha i no was hard to remember it all. but as u said to me earier they both mite not play but i think parkin mite be on bench,

exercise trike hahhahahahahaaaaa :lol:

Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:52 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:
Blue Tone wrote:I was at the Vale today and saw the team training and wished Jon all the best as he came out of the pavilion on his way to the Hotel Gym with the physio, he is a big unit and defenders will fear him, and I watched the team training 9 aside on a half pitch but Jay wasn't with them.

was you? i seen griff down there from this forum. was u training in the gym today ? or just down there watching them train. least jayhitting a ball now haha

I live in the flats on the grounds of the training pitch and was out and about and bumped into The Beast outside the pavilion and hung around to watch some of the session and went home where I can see them training from my living room and noticed later Jay had turned up.
I am a member of the gym too as we get free membership ascwe live on the grounds but have never seen any players in there.