Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Talk Of A Boardroom Meeting Was A Blatant Lie!

Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:02 pm

Jones: No Bluebirds board meeting
Monday 3rd January 2011 16:02

Jones: Blasted media reports
Click here for football betting

Cardiff boss Dave Jones has blasted media reports of a board meeting at the club to discuss his future, branding the rumours "a blatant lie".

Jones has come under pressure in some quarters following Cardiff's recent poor slump in form that has seen them win just two of their last 10 games. But chief executive Gethin Jenkins insists his position is not under scrutiny, and Jones has criticised those who are keen to create speculation.

"I live and work in a world where it seems to be sensational news if you're not doing right," he told Cardiff City Player. "This phantom board meeting that was called, and everything else, it's people writing things that just aren't true or saying things and that can't be right.

"You can't set off rumours and scaremongers and then actually print it. It was even put on Sky without checking an actual story, that for me is not being truthful and the one thing I am is truthful.

"That is a blatant lie and is trying to cause more trouble than what actually needs to be done. The people who are doing it are not checking it, I certainly wouldn't like to go to war with those people because as soon as there's a sign of trouble they drop you like a red hot potato."

Meanwhile, Jones insists Cardiff have not received a single transfer enquiry about star striker Jay Bothroyd or any other members of his squad who feature in his plans.

:ayatollah:

Re: Talk Of A Boardroom Meeting Was A Blatant Lie!

Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:07 pm

He would say that though wouldn't he?

Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:08 pm

PhatFrog wrote:He would say that though wouldn't he?

There might have been a meeting, which didn't take place in a boardroom! :idea: :) :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:09 pm

Overthemoon wrote:http://www.teamtalk.com/cardiff-city/6632251/Jones-No-Bluebirds-board-meeting :ayatollah:

All DJ is doing here is taking the eye off of the main problems.

Lets talk about internet postings instead of the real issues. :( :( :( :( :(

Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:12 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
PhatFrog wrote:He would say that though wouldn't he?

There might have been a meeting, which didn't take place in a boardroom! :idea: :) :ayatollah:

NO ONE EVER SAID THERE WAS A BOARDROOM MEETING, There was and I repeat Directors All Rang each other and Discussed the Situation and Then TG who was in Australia like Carl Said, Spoke to them all and If he can make it back tom, He intended to MEET THEM ALL and DISCUSS THE SITUATION.

I Said and Still Say After The Leeds Result will Decide his Fait.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:13 pm

I WISH YOU WERE HONEST and TRUTHFUL DJ to ALL YOUR PLAYERS.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:13 pm

It has been widely reported there was a meeting to discuss DJ's future. If DJ knows nothing about this meeting, then he wasn't invited and had no idea the meeting took place. That's my take on what he's said.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:15 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:It has been widely reported there was a meeting to discuss DJ's future. If DJ knows nothing about this meeting, then he wasn't invited and had no idea the meeting took place. That's my take on what he's said.

He would not be invited and he has been Discussed at Boardroom level.
But if He beats Leeds, All will be forgiven for a few more games.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:16 pm

dj says that one thing he is truthful
why not admit he has lost the changing room and also admit mistakes
instead of blaming everyone else then

Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:17 pm

do you reckon he will be safe if we draw?????????

What a game to have you job resting on :o

Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:It has been widely reported there was a meeting to discuss DJ's future. If DJ knows nothing about this meeting, then he wasn't invited and had no idea the meeting took place. That's my take on what he's said.

To be honest Annis, I would take a loss tomorrow to seal Jones' fate. We need to make a change now, we are not getting promoted with our current manager and picking up the odd win to save Jones' skin is just going to see us plummet further down the table in the future. If we wait any longer to make a change, it may be too late. I will be honest and I will be hoping for a Leeds win tomorrow. I have never wished City to lose in my life, but I see the bigger picture and I want us to get promoted this season. Jones has taken us as far as he can, he can not get us promoted. Better for us to lose tomorrow so we can bring in someone new with passion, fresh ideas and who can organise us with a solid defense. Just my opinion. :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:26 pm

Overthemoon wrote:Jones: No Bluebirds board meeting
Monday 3rd January 2011 16:02

Jones: Blasted media reports
Click here for football betting

Cardiff boss Dave Jones has blasted media reports of a board meeting at the club to discuss his future, branding the rumours "a blatant lie".

Jones has come under pressure in some quarters following Cardiff's recent poor slump in form that has seen them win just two of their last 10 games. But chief executive Gethin Jenkins insists his position is not under scrutiny, and Jones has criticised those who are keen to create speculation.

"I live and work in a world where it seems to be sensational news if you're not doing right," he told Cardiff City Player. "This phantom board meeting that was called, and everything else, it's people writing things that just aren't true or saying things and that can't be right.

"You can't set off rumours and scaremongers and then actually print it. It was even put on Sky without checking an actual story, that for me is not being truthful and the one thing I am is truthful.

"That is a blatant lie and is trying to cause more trouble than what actually needs to be done. The people who are doing it are not checking it, I certainly wouldn't like to go to war with those people because as soon as there's a sign of trouble they drop you like a red hot potato."

Meanwhile, Jones insists Cardiff have not received a single transfer enquiry about star striker Jay Bothroyd or any other members of his squad who feature in his plans.

:ayatollah:

I watched all 20 minutes of this interview and it was basically one BIG bleating session. I don't understand what planet this guy lives on but does anyone think 8 points out of 30 IS DOING THINGS RIGHT.

He also had a go about transfer rumours already costing the club one signing because it highlighted to other clubs he was available, obviously a reference to Andy O'Brien, again how on earth can he say that speculation regarding Andy O'Brien cost the club his signature. He was already on loan at Leeds at was discussing making the deal permanent so how on earth did speculation highlight is availability to Leeds. Lets face facts Andy O'Brien was born in Harrogate 11 miles from Leeds and he supported them as a boy. IMO he was always going to pick his boyhood team ahead of us so WHO IS IN THE WRONG HERE PEOPLE ON MESSAGEBOARDS OR DJ FOR MAKING A DELIBERATELY MISLEADING STATEMENT

Just another example of the 11th commandment THOU SHALL NOT QUESTION DJ - The guy is a liability jusy my opinion but I'm not wrong. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:34 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

To be honest Annis, I would take a loss tomorrow to seal Jones' fate. We need to make a change now, we are not getting promoted with our current manager and picking up the odd win to save Jones' skin is just going to see us plummet further down the table in the future. If we wait any longer to make a change, it may be too late. I will be honest and I will be hoping for a Leeds win tomorrow. I have never wished City to lose in my life, but I see the bigger picture and I want us to get promoted this season. Jones has taken us as far as he can, he can not get us promoted. Better for us to lose tomorrow so we can bring in someone new with passion, fresh ideas and who can organise us with a solid defense. Just my opinion. :ayatollah:

If we beat Leeds, then go on to win the next 5. We would STILL be as likely to go and lose
the next 6 games. Thats why Jones has to go

Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:42 pm

To be honest Annis, I would take a loss tomorrow to seal Jones' fate. We need to make a change now, we are not getting promoted with our current manager and picking up the odd win to save Jones' skin is just going to see us plummet further down the table in the future. If we wait any longer to make a change, it may be too late. I will be honest and I will be hoping for a Leeds win tomorrow. I have never wished City to lose in my life, but I see the bigger picture and I want us to get promoted this season. Jones has taken us as far as he can, he can not get us promoted. Better for us to lose tomorrow so we can bring in someone new with passion, fresh ideas and who can organise us with a solid defense. Just my opinion. :ayatollah:[/quote]

If we beat Leeds, then go on to win the next 5. We would STILL be as likely to go and lose
the next 6 games. Thats why Jones has to go[/quote]

I 100% agree mate! :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I WISH YOU WERE HONEST and TRUTHFUL DJ to ALL YOUR PLAYERS.

Perhaps his players should show some balls and do the job their asked to do, which clearly they have failed to do. Jay Bothroyd himself has already said so, Jay stated that it is us the players that are not doing as we are told and we need to get it right.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:00 pm

The man is a prize prick, for God sake the quote about 'going to war with these people' is absolutely disgusting considering he has never fought in a war (so by his own standards how can he comment?) and there is a war on at the moment in Afghanistan and our fan base will contain hundreds of ex-servicemen (like myself) who have taken part in active service.

Despite his claim he is not truthful person at all and he has told us lies, I mean do you really believe Gerrard, Thompson, Alexander etc moved on for footballing reasons and not because they had fallen out with him?

Jones please just go.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:02 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:

Perhaps his players should show some balls and do the job their asked to do, which clearly they have failed to do. Jay Bothroyd himself has already said so, Jay stated that it is us the players that are not doing as we are told and we need to get it right.

Or maybe the manager should show some balls and pick players that will follow his oh so wonderful orders?

Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:42 pm

nerd wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:

Or maybe the manager should show some balls and pick players that will follow his oh so wonderful orders?

Like who..........? :o

Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:50 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:Like who..........? :o

One of the players in our best ever squad that he himself assembled. :shock:

Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:22 pm

Occasional Violins wrote:

Jay has stated that its not the fault of DJ, its down to the players not performing.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:25 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
Occasional Violins wrote:

Jay has stated that its not the fault of DJ, its down to the players not performing.

So if Jay had said the opposite to that on twitter or talksport or wherever it was, would you give any creedance to it?

Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:37 pm

Jay has stated that its not the fault of DJ, its down to the players not performing.[/quote]
So if Jay had said the opposite to that on twitter or talksport or wherever it was, would you give any creedance to it?[/quote]

If Jay had stated its all down to the manager & that he has lost the dressing room then yes you have to boot out Jones, however Jay has stated publicly the opposite by saying the players had not done their jobs that they are asked to do. Personally Id f**k off half of the tossers we have in the team.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:20 am

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Sorry 'Ton Teg Bluebird' (I actually grew up there and my family are still in the area :ayatollah: ) but I CANNOT accept that ANY game should be forfeited for ANY reason....unless, of course, it stopped the Jacks being promoted ( :lol: ) and you are out of order for suggesting!!

I pray that you are not there tomorrow night....if you are serious

We don't need that kind of support....particularly not tomorrow :roll:

Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:38 am

Sorry 'Ton Teg Bluebird' (I actually grew up there and my family are still in the area :ayatollah: ) but I CANNOT accept that ANY game should be forfeited for ANY reason....unless, of course, it stopped the Jacks being promoted ( :lol: ) and you are out of order for suggesting!!

I pray that you are not there tomorrow night....if you are serious

We don't need that kind of support....particularly not tomorrow :roll:

I will obviously be 100% supporting the boys as I do with every game I go to, but I can't help thinking that it would be better for us as a whole if we lost. I firmly believe we won't go up under Jones and if we persist with Jones until the end of the season, we will finish in the playoffs at best, and fail to go up again! I do hope i'm wrong but only the future and the decisions made by VT will decide that. Where to in Tonteg are your family from out of interest?

Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:51 am

RichardBluebird wrote:If Jay had stated its all down to the manager & that he has lost the dressing room then yes you have to boot out Jones, however Jay has stated publicly the opposite by saying the players had not done their jobs that they are asked to do. Personally Id f**k off half of the tossers we have in the team.

Richard, I agree with Jay in terms of the players not performing. Certain players should be embarrassed. Those certain players are also certain to be on the team sheet the manager picks next game regardless of performance, those certain players were brought in by the manager, those certain players are following the managers instructions (and if not, are still not being dropped by the manager).

The manager stated he has the best squad this club has ever seen so that would surely mean he is able to take people out who are not doing as he says or pulling their weight. The way I see it, indefensible. :(