Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Just got back from

Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:50 pm

Stevenage Borough vs Barnet
1st thing that happened after the players introductions the Stevenage players went to the crowd and applauded them prior to kick off, this of course got a reaction from the crowd which continued throughout the game, OK they ended up winning 4-2 but it has been said on here many many times about our players NOT coming to us at the end of the match, why not do this prior to the match tomorrow to show to us that they are up for it and for US to show the team that WE ARE BEHIND THEM??
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

AndyFS

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... .634848661

Re: Just got back from

Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:06 pm

Bluetaf wrote:Stevenage Borough vs Barnet
1st thing that happened after the players introductions the Stevenage players went to the crowd and applauded them prior to kick off, this of course got a reaction from the crowd which continued throughout the game, OK they ended up winning 4-2 but it has been said on here many many times about our players NOT coming to us at the end of the match, why not do this prior to the match tomorrow to show to us that they are up for it and for US to show the team that WE ARE BEHIND THEM??

AndyFS

I've been to Salisbury v Chippenham and even at the lower level the salisbury players applauded their fans at beginning and end of game. The defeated Chippenham players applauded their fans at the end despite losing 4-0.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:17 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Bluetaf wrote:Stevenage Borough vs Barnet

AndyFS

I've been to Salisbury v Chippenham and even at the lower level the salisbury players applauded their fans at beginning and end of game. The defeated Chippenham players applauded their fans at the end despite losing 4-0.

Gareth
last season Morgan and I went to a few "lower" league games, and it just seems to me that they appreciate the supporters being there and don't take it for granted unlike some of the prima donnas from the "upper" leagues and their clubs that seem to think that they don't need the supporters there as their main money comes from TV and sponsors :roll:

At least today I could watch the football with no stress about the performance or the result :D

Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:24 pm

Bluetaf wrote:[

AndyFS

Gareth
last season Morgan and I went to a few "lower" league games, and it just seems to me that they appreciate the supporters being there and don't take it for granted unlike some of the prima donnas from the "upper" leagues and their clubs that seem to think that they don't need the supporters there as their main money comes from TV and sponsors :roll:

At least today I could watch the football with no stress about the performance or the result :D

I felt same today- ihave some loyalty towards Salisbury as they are nearest local club to me.

The ironic thing is that Salisbury play in white and Chippenham are known as the bluebirds and a 4-0 win for a team in white would not be something i'd normally wish for!