Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Nailing my colours to the mast DJ has my support "

Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:49 pm

Just to redress the balance a bit I'm fully behind Dave Jones to change him now would an act of lunacy for a million reasons so I'm firmly in the DJ camp because I also believe he will get us up

Re: nailing my colours to the mast DJ has my support

Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:51 pm

I am fully behind him (pause) as long as he is at this club!

Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:51 pm

Vince I am of the very same belief and it is about time fellow fans get behind him also and support him for the good of the team.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:54 pm

vince.alm wrote:Just to redress the balance a bit I'm fully behind Dave Jones to change him now would an act of lunacy for a million reasons so I'm firmly in the DJ camp because I also believe he will get us up

We should all get behind him Vince and stop this pathetic sniping.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:54 pm

just say dj gets us to the prem, how many managers will he out whit there,or, get us up, and we will get a premier manager in,,, its another level up there, more egos flying about,etc, he cant handle what we got in this league

Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:55 pm

Vince after some deliberation I have to agree with you. BUT if he fails to take us up with the squad we have he will have to go. He has talked quality players to come to the club' but has not addressed the cronic need for a defensive unit that will assist our prolific forward line.

It needed addressing last year as that final was ours but we cannot defend a lead end of!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:56 pm

vince.alm wrote:Just to redress the balance a bit I'm fully behind Dave Jones to change him now would an act of lunacy for a million reasons so I'm firmly in the DJ camp because I also believe he will get us up

You've been up in the mountains too long!

Cmon get ya head out of the clouds he's lost the respect of the players and when Ross scores tomorrow that will be that.

If he means getting rid of him then I hope leeds beat us because he simply hasn't a clue about football.

i think he might be losing his marbles with some of the decisions.

Ps I backed him until the forest game, swansea line up was incredible to say the least.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:58 pm

Im behind him BUT I think his time to prove himself comes tomorrow ,

Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:00 pm

I agree now lets get the players to show us some spirit on the pitch and fight for the points as we did against leicester in the home league game last season its time to start our run in and WIN the championship

COME ON CITY

Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:01 pm

I'm not happy with the way Dave Jones has been handling team affairs recently or his seemingly ignorance towards the fans, but I agree that it would be lunacy to sack him now, it would make matters worse, as you say "for a million reasons"

Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:04 pm

i applaude your honesty,i think its time for a change,or some sort of cull in the squad :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:04 pm

Vince,

Up until the Watford game DJ had my full support I was teatering after the game but I still dont think you could sack a manager when he is second in the league (Look what happened to Boro) but after the Bristol City game and four points in twenty one (Other managers sacked for worse) how can you defend him - had the same conversation with Carl and Annis straight after

Unfortunately we are on the slippery slope downwards, you can clearly see the players dont believe in him (Burke prime example - best player by far up till the jacks game - dropped and now a shadow of what he was)

You are a brave man but i respect your opinions maybe you know something we dont know but if we do stick with him they have to make the decision and come out and say now - We will back you till the end of the season if you dont get us promoted your gone !

Would also be interested to hear what you think of the malaysians and there long term stratergy cause i dont see one apart from gambling the club on promotion

Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:20 pm

i have to disagree with you vince.
get a new manager in now so he can get rid of/buy new players during the transfer window.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:21 pm

jamccfc wrote:i have to disagree with you vince.
get a new manager in now so he can get rid of/buy new players during the transfer window.

I 2nd that Jam :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Vince What did you mean by a Crisis that you put on your Facebook wall ?

Vince Alm
November December Played 10 W2 D2 L6; Goals F9 A17 pts 8 out of a possible 30 says it all! its no longer a blip its a crisis that's nearly 25% of the season.

Re: " Nailing my colours to the mast DJ has my support "

Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:23 pm

Absolutely right..I listened to the man's interview today and he needs and deserves our support. However he could help himself by refusing to stick with players like Naylor who keep letting him and us down.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:30 pm

Vince Alm
November December Played 10 W2 D2 L6; Goals F9 A17 pts 8 out of a possible 30 says it all! its no longer a blip its a crisis that's nearly 25% of the season.

So what does a Crisis mean ? and Who is Causing it ?

Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:32 pm

vince ,i wouldnt expect anything less from you, given your position , in the cardiff city supporters club, which you do a great job,,but i feel you are holding back your true feelings?

Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:43 pm

jamccfc wrote:i have to disagree with you vince.

I agree... get a new manager in now.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:47 pm

i would love to be behind DJ......pushing him out the door as fast as i could :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:56 pm

welshdougie wrote:i would love to be behind DJ......pushing him out the door as fast as i could :ayatollah:

You would have to get behind me, I Guarantee I Would be first :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:57 pm

I agree. I believe he can turn this around. Sure, we're having a horrible run.. but what team doesn't have a bad run? It's just the fact that we're not living up to our expectations at the moment. It's only half way through the season! If we beat Leeds tomorrow and say we start winning more games, most people will go back to 'Team DJ', besides those who have never liked him. I believe if we change our manager now, it may ruin the whole season for us.. it would take time for a new manager to get used to a club, it's too late to change a manager now. We just need to get behind our team tomorrow.

I'll be there :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:03 pm

Sorry vince dave jones has lost the plot.He has to go

Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:11 pm

'THE ONLY TIME I WILL BE BEHIND DAVE JONES, IS WHEN HE IS STOOD ON THE EDGE OF A CLIFF' :lol:

i will be a million % behind cardiff city though as always :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:11 pm

When DJ gets us promoted next May I expect all of the snipers to apologise. Its as if you want him to mess it up just to prove you were right.

The team comes first - and at this moment in time DJ is our leader. Support him.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:20 pm

Finally someone talking sense on this board, well done Vince DJ is the man!

Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:23 pm

bluebird58 wrote:When DJ gets us promoted next May I expect all of the snipers to apologise. Its as if you want him to mess it up just to prove you were right.

The team comes first - and at this moment in time DJ is our leader. Support him.

NO, it is as if we want our to team to have the right man in charge in order for them to progress and fulfil their undoubted potential. I will not apologise for anything

COME ON CITYYYYY

Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:24 pm

DAVEY JONES BLUE N WHITE ARMY, DAVEY JONES BLUE N WHITE ARMY, DAVEY JONES BLUE N WHITE ARMY, DAVEY JONES BLUE N WHITE ARMY, DAVEY JONES BLUE N WHITE ARMY, :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:32 pm

I've supported DJ up until now but if we lose tomorrow he should go. It's all well and good saying it would be lunacy to get rid of him now because of where we are in the season but if this bad run of ours carries on then we're going to be out of the playoffs before we know it are you all going to carry on supporting him then? Tomorrow is a huge game we all need to get behind the boys regardless who is manager. :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:17 am

i will delay building the gallows until 21:35 tomorrow, and see what garbage is offered to me in exchange for my hard earned cash.

and thats from a jones supporter (until the novermber slide)

Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:49 am

Maybe this is why they have stopped signing anyone else?? perhaps til
after tomorrow?. I dont think it matters who he signs any more. The
spirit has left the dressing room. New faces might just add to the tension
instead of easing it. And new faces dont mean new formations or tactics.