Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IN GENERAL HOW BIG DO YOU THINK CARDIFF CITY ARE

Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:08 pm

could you say we as big as some as lower teams in prem or are still behind them?

could u also say QPR are same as us and bigger than some of smaller prem sides? like with there owners and owners we have got?

Re: IN GENERAL HOW BIG DO YOU THINK CARDIFF CITY ARE

Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:17 pm

I think we are a Norwich, Leicester type size at the moment. Potentially we could be bigger but it would take sustained success in the Premiership.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:17 pm

ive always said and i stick by this same as sunderland, 40000 odd thousands if we top 6.... :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:23 pm

We're on par with the likes of Bolton, Blackburn and Birmingham but bigger than the likes of Wigan & Blackpool. But at the same time we're smaller than the likes of West Ham. I'd say we could be a big club but only if south wales bit the cherry.

Leeds, Forest, Sheffield Utd and Wednesday are all bigger than us outside the premier league! I can never see QPR being a big club due to thier location and the football clubs in thier area.

Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:23 pm

Too many fickle supporters in South Wales. We may reach 30-35k at some point in the future depending on our success.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:30 am

were bigger than barcelona, where have i heard that before :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:37 am

I would say we have the potential to be as big as Newcastle or Sunderland. But I fear egg chasing may hold us back! We have a massive catchment area :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:40 am

Well I am Blackburn fan as that's is where I am orginally from I would say Cardiff have potential to be far bigger then Blackburn as we have a localised support basically Blackburn,Darwen, bit of Accrington and that's about it very small catchment area same for Bolton,Wigan etc.
The biggest issue I see for Cardiff I have moved down here recently is the amount of Manure/Liverpool/ and oddly Tottenham fans that are in Cardiff, or they support say Liverpool and Cardiff etc, If Cardiff get promoted I am sure some would change allegiances and attendances would go up, I would say Cardiff has the potential to be 35k 40k team longer term as Cardiff are a one city team.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:51 am

I reckon if we make the Premiership we will attract 30,000 - 40,000 for every game without a doubt. The FA Cup semi-final/ final and playoff final attendances are proof of this, plus thousands couldn't get tickets. We could easily have sold 50,000 for those matches.

I would say we have potential to be one of the top six biggest clubs in Britain... that's including Celtic and Rangers. However, we would require a prolonged stint in the Premiership of say 10 years and would need on the pitch stability for this to happen. Right now, at this very moment though, I would agree that Norwich, Leicester and Derby are our equals.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:41 am

bristolbluebird37 wrote:ive always said and i stick by this same as sunderland, 40000 odd thousands if we top 6.... :ayatollah:

Our stadium holds 27000 and we're 2nd in the table....so 40000 isn't gonna happen, is it

Unless, of course, you mean when we are in the Premiership....in which case we would OCCASIONALLY get 40000 (subject to available seating) depending on the opposition. The 'glory hunters' (like they did for three Wembley visits) will come out of the walls and gutters to see SOME teams play....before returning to their dark holes and claiming to be ManUre, Chelski, Arseneville or, latterly, Mancini City supporters despite NEVER having been to watch them 'live' before....and likely never having been anywhere near the appropriate town/city before!!

Watching OTHER teams on Sky Sports TV doesn't count, people!!!!

Get behind your LOCAL club CARDIFF CITY now!!!!

:ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll:
:roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: