Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

STILL STAND BY THIS OLD POST

Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:46 am

As for what's needed for promotion, I think most of us agree that a few million pounds more investment in the Jan window should see us get there, do they sack DJ, I don't think they should, give him his pot and re-negotiate his bonus, something like here's 5 million spend it wisely get us up and you'll keep the bonus Ridsdaale promised you, however fail and you are sacked and there's no bonus. :old:

Re: STILL STAND BY THIS OLD POST

Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:53 am

To be honest Gwynn, I think all footballer's wages should be performance based. I hate the idea of a player getting paid just as much for playing shit as he does for playing well.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:53 am

No bonus just sack him

Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:05 am

I'm with u gwyn, it's VT that needs to step up now...

Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:06 am

BigGwynram wrote:As for what's needed for promotion, I think most of us agree that a few million pounds more investment in the Jan window should see us get there, do they sack DJ, I don't think they should, give him his pot and re-negotiate his bonus, something like here's 5 million spend it wisely get us up and you'll keep the bonus Ridsdaale promised you, however fail and you are sacked and there's no bonus. :old:

We've had an utterly shit run, 8 from 33 points.

If DJ was semi-competent we'd not even be arguing about needing more players to get promoted, the argument would be about money needed to get players to stay in the Prem as we'd be pretty clear of the pack.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:10 am

nerd wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:As for what's needed for promotion, I think most of us agree that a few million pounds more investment in the Jan window should see us get there, do they sack DJ, I don't think they should, give him his pot and re-negotiate his bonus, something like here's 5 million spend it wisely get us up and you'll keep the bonus Ridsdaale promised you, however fail and you are sacked and there's no bonus. :old:

If DJ was semi-competent we'd not even be arguing about needing more players to get promoted, the argument would be about money needed to get players to stay in the Prem as we'd be pretty clear of the pack.

Nerd, would you genuinely say that IF we are promoted at the end of the season?? I doubt it....you'd be celebrating just like the rest of us!!

Our club (like Chelsea) HAS had an extended 'blip' but Dave Jones IS capable of sorting it out....

I agree with Big Gwyn and we should all get behind club, players and manager to push this club on to greatness!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:16 am

Sven Ghali wrote:
nerd wrote:

Nerd, would you genuinely say that IF we are promoted at the end of the season?? I doubt it....you'd be celebrating just like the rest of us!!

Our club (like Chelsea) HAS had an extended 'blip' but Dave Jones IS capable of sorting it out....

I agree with Big Gwyn and we should all get behind club, players and manager to push this club on to greatness!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Silly point, I always support the club, of course I'd celebrate going up.

We've had two "blips" - one blip earlier this season and now something that is more than an extended blip.

We've had season after season of baffling team selections, Jones buying up any player who used to play for him at Wolves... players bafflingly omitted. Players drummed out of the club without getting adequate replacements. Capaldi wasn't a world beater, but an adequate left back. We've not replaced him. The lengthy quest to finally replace Alexander?

No, we may still get promoted. The way the division has gone, everyone at the top has also thrown points away.

The question is, how many seasons will we continue to have major "blips" under Jones, and which season will be the season where he can't recover things?

Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:21 pm

Agree with you Gwyn it is really is a case of back him or sack him and on balance i think we need to back him we need a decent Left Back, Centre Half as a minimum and if we could also get Routledge (Can't really see it?) and Vaughan then we should still be able to go up automatically :ayatollah:

However we need to get things back on track starting tonight with every player on that pitch puting in 100% and showing they are firmly behind DJ :old: