Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why are we wasting time!

Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:51 am

Why are the board wasting time in keeping dave jones his job. Its clear to everyone that the man has done all the he can do. How many failures is one man allowed. We should of won the FA cup. We definatly should of got promotion last season. We definatly should be clear of the table this year but we find ourselves in 5th place when other teams around us are playing alot better. IF we lose tonight against a very tough leeds team, then we are going to find it hard to climb back up the ladder. On the subject of leeds united, there top valued player is valued at 1 million pounds. our top player in jay bothroyd is valued at 5 million followed by whitts who is valued at 4 mill and chopra who is valued at 3 mill. i cant believe the board believe it is right to continue putting money into the hands of a manager who, all in all, has never been able to hack it when the pressure comes. anyway lets get behind the boys tonight and get one over on DIRTY LEEDS!!

Re: Why are we wasting time!

Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:53 am

There's nothing the fans can do to change who manages so we just need to support whoever is in charge because being negative will get us nowhere. We need to unite and get behind the team, especially tonight.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:55 am

ccfcashley wrote: We should of won the FA cup.

:roll: Look at the Portsmouth squad from that day.

Realise how stupid, bordering on pathetic, that statement is.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:56 am

DaveSheffield wrote:

We all focus on the mistakes made with the FA Cup Final but we did so well getting there. Beating the likes of Wolves, Barnsley and Middlesbrough.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:59 am

Look at the Portsmouth squad from that day.
portsmouth just avoided relegation the following season.
please tell me the exciting, brilliant players that they had...cardiff were in a perfect position to write history and as soon as that happens dave jones doesnt provide the goods.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:01 pm

We all focus on the mistakes made with the FA Cup Final but we did so well getting there. Beating the likes of Wolves, Barnsley and Middlesbrough.

there is no point getting somewere then falling short. i cant knock cardiff for getting to the final but i believe we could of won, just like the play off final but dave jones doesnt produce on the big stage..agreed?

Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:01 pm

ccfcashley wrote:Why are the board wasting time in keeping dave jones his job. Its clear to everyone that the man has done all the he can do. How many failures is one man allowed. We should of won the FA cup. We definatly should of got promotion last season. We definatly should be clear of the table this year but we find ourselves in 5th place when other teams around us are playing alot better. IF we lose tonight against a very tough leeds team, then we are going to find it hard to climb back up the ladder. On the subject of leeds united, there top valued player is valued at 1 million pounds. our top player in jay bothroyd is valued at 5 million followed by whitts who is valued at 4 mill and chopra who is valued at 3 mill. i cant believe the board believe it is right to continue putting money into the hands of a manager who, all in all, has never been able to hack it when the pressure comes. anyway lets get behind the boys tonight and get one over on DIRTY LEEDS!!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31253

Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:07 pm

ccfcashley wrote:We all focus on the mistakes made with the FA Cup Final but we did so well getting there. Beating the likes of Wolves, Barnsley and Middlesbrough.

there is no point getting somewere then falling short. i cant knock cardiff for getting to the final but i believe we could of won, just like the play off final but dave jones doesnt produce on the big stage..agreed?

So you'd rather we didn't experience the FA Cup semi final/ final and the playoff final? Glory of such magnitude is very rare in football. Only 42 teams in the entire Football Association have won the FA Cup in its 100 year plus history. I think we sometimes forget that 10 years ago we were a team going nowhere and considering the 5-6 years when we had no money at all and had to sell to survive, our record over the past decade has been phenomenal. In football you have to appreciate every bit of success, no matter how big or small because the vast majority of teams will never get close to experiencing what we have over recent years.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:11 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:

Realise how stupid, bordering on pathetic your statement was when you consider, Pompey on the day, Muntari apart were average. Johnson having to hack Ledley down 7 times...

That game showed Jones up. Starting Hasslebaink over Thompson, leaving Rambo out of starting lineup cost us a good chance of winnng what was a very dull game.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:22 pm

hat game showed Jones up. Starting Hasslebaink over Thompson, leaving Rambo out of starting lineup cost us a good chance of winnng what was a very dull game.

Well said. Just like blackpool at wembley. showed dave jones up.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:23 pm

nerd wrote:
DaveSheffield wrote:

Realise how stupid, bordering on pathetic your statement was when you consider, Pompey on the day, Muntari apart were average. Johnson having to hack Ledley down 7 times...

That game showed Jones up. Starting Hasslebaink over Thompson, leaving Rambo out of starting lineup cost us a good chance of winnng what was a very dull game.

In all fairness, and I am playing Devil's advocate here because I would have started Thompson and Ramsey as well, it's easy to look back in hindsight and claim changes would have won us the game. To be fair, if Parry had taken his chances and Loovens hadn't handballed for our disallowed goal and if Capaldi had stopped that cross we would have won. Football hangs on such events. There's no guarantee our preferred choices would have brought success.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:27 pm

There's no guarantee our preferred choices would have brought success

you must agree that it would of given us a better chance though?

Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:27 pm

Zabier wrote:In all fairness, and I am playing Devil's advocate here because I would have started Thompson and Ramsey as well, it's easy to look back in hindsight and claim changes would have won us the game. To be fair, if Parry had taken his chances and Loovens hadn't handballed for our disallowed goal and if Capaldi had stopped that cross we would have won. Football hangs on such events. There's no guarantee our preferred choices would have brought success.

No, there's no guarantees whatsoever. We would have maximised our chances however - Pompey on the day, Muntari aside who was head and shoulders above everyone - looked a very average Championship team that day.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:36 pm

Can we stop beating DJ now and just get behind the team tonight. Whatever his mistakes, until the board decide otherwise, he is still our manager. I am not best pleased with his recent decisions, but why bring up these defeats now? DJ helped get us to the cup final and play off final, so ffs not everything he does is bad. Yes, maybe with hindsight we could have won both games if things had been done a bit differently but now is not the time to go over this again. We need three points tonight like our lives depend on it, so lets put personal opinion to one side and get behind the mighty Bluebirds. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :)