Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gerrard back at city-why not?

Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:05 pm

After calamity defending with different line ups, and leaking lots of soft goals, why not get Gerrard back? He finished last season really well and Hull fans have rated him. Wouldnt hurt to try,or is Oli loan deal dependant on Gerrard staying there?
:ayatollah:

Re: Gerrard back at city-why not?

Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:07 pm

I still never really felt he was good enough for a team wanting to push for promotion in the Championship... he is better than what we have now though!

Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:08 pm

Season long loans are what is says on the tin - Season long :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:08 pm

Can't be recalled, season long loan.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:14 pm

I don't see why he let him go in the first place, we only had 3 centre backs at the time and in my opinion Gerrard was by far the better option over both Hudson and Gyepes.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:41 pm

BluBluBluArmy wrote:I don't see why he let him go in the first place, we only had 3 centre backs at the time and in my opinion Gerrard was by far the better option over both Hudson and Gyepes.

Because he came back well overweight after not following his fitness regime and going out on the piss with Rossco - however unfashionable it may be, I'm with DJ on this one. Gerrard did OK last season but got too big for his boots and his performance against Burton Albion was absolutely shocking.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:44 pm

Just another player who got on the wrong side of DJ, would love to see him back. Everyone is calling for a leader or someone with passion and this guy had it in abundance, remember him running around the pitch after the play off win against Leicester? A lad who loved playing for us yet probably won't get the chance to do it again unfortunately, I think he's played his last game for us to be honest.

Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:13 pm

He wont be back m8, apparantly called DJ something in training which DJ didnt like , he didnt apologise and then was told hes off !!! off course only hearsay mind :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:20 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:He wont be back m8, apparantly called DJ something in training which DJ didnt like , he didnt apologise and then was told hes off !!! off course only hearsay mind :ayatollah:

Aren't you confusing him with Quinn?? (Sorry, I'm being sarcastic here!! :roll: )

I doubt it....but hearsay is taken as gospel in these here parts!!

From my recollection AG and DJ said some decent things about each other before the Hull game....

DJ obviously had his reasons to 'ship' Gerrard out and they must have been disciplinary but he has, to the best of my limited knowledge, never said EXACTLY why....nor has he said why Quinn is not getting a look in (assuming he IS fit)

Tut, Tut!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: