Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FA Cup!!! - Do you give a feck???

Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:26 pm

Only one thing on my mind - promotion!!! yes go out and enjoy the FA Cup, but if we lose we lose.

Re: FA Cup!!! - Do you give a feck???

Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:51 am

NO

Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:57 am

Don't risk injuries and give some squad players a game. If we go out, no harm done.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:58 am

ASK THIS AGAIN WHEN WE ARE IN THE PREM ! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :lol:

Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:20 am

FA cup winners, championship winners double...you heard it here 8th. :ayatollah:

Love the FA cup, because of the FA cup some mate of mine from my RAF days who hadn't been to a football match in his life , confessed to hate football but who happened to hail from Weymouth used to royally take the piss out of me. :lol: You can't buy that sort of irony. I however could talk him right through our capitulation in detail.

What was it I read in an old version of 'Watch the Bluebirds Fly' after a cup tie at home to Gloucester City?
Something along the lines of "Standing on the Bob bank, 2-0 down to Gloucester with about 4 minutes to go and I light up a spliff, Jeff Chandler scores twice, 2-2, best trip I ever had", something like that, it was a long time ago now. I recall the replay being extreme at their poxy ground.
Jacks got beaten by Nuneaton Tra la la la la la...
'The jewel in the Cardiff City crown has glittered' Ian Brown on Match of the Day that night after we had been dancing on the pitch to Nathan Blake's wonder goal that very afternoon.
Any better memory than 6Jan2002 for the atmosphere and result against Leeds.
Tottenham, Wrexham and Everton in 1977 :P
C-mob keeps saying Cardiff have never done QPR but I remember a certain replay in january 1990 when we totally took the place over. I'll have to dig out a copy of the Evening standard from the following day I've got hidden around somewhere. :roll:
And... although we lost THE FOOTBALL, 18Nov1991 will be imprinted on my brain forever.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:26 am

I love the FA Cup and if we had a small team or a big team at home I think I'd care a bit more but the fact it's a tricky Stoke side away which is more likely to end in defeat for us, I'm not worried too much about it. A cup run would be nice but league is the priority. We can concentrate on the FA Cup when we're a mid-table Premiership team! :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:27 am

well going on our performance v you last night we'll get slaughtered at arsenal big time ..

Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:29 am

andy 189 wrote:well going on our performance v you last night we'll get slaughtered at arsenal big time ..

We came close to grabbing a replay against them a few years back at their place... however, a couple of years after that we then got absolutely dry raped... I guess it's in the balance! :D

Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:49 am

We will beat Stoke, think they will field a weakened side against us especially after playing Man Utd last night. :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:54 am

I am travelling 300 miles and expect to see a competetive match.

some of our best moments in the last 4 years have been in the fa cup

Perhaps we should pull out and give them a bye !!

Rest Bellamy and Oli ok but get the rest on and go for it.

They will be playing a weakened side. WE CAN DO THE BSTUDS

Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:04 pm

rest the big boys and give the fringe players a run out,and if we lose then so be it,promotion has to be number 1 :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:16 pm

Want us to win but don't think we are going to win the FA cup this year :D So if we are going to get knocked out i will not be bothered if we lose to Stoke away because our one aim as got be automatic promotion this year :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:18 pm

id like us to have a good fa cup run! its a good break, and gives the players and fans a chance to take there minds off the intence presure and expectation of the league we have on us this year. Could be a blessing in discuise :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:19 pm

andy 189 wrote:well going on our performance v you last night we'll get slaughtered at arsenal big time ..

Do you think the players of Leeds had this match on some part of their minds ??

Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:20 pm

By no means rest all our team, just a few. This could be the reminder our players need of what were playing for in the championship promotion race. Players thrived on the passionate atmosphere last night, and a visit to Stoke should surely show that this and more will be their reward for promotion.

It will be a great contest I think.