Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Thanks for the hospitality!! shame about the result ;)

Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:15 am

Not long got back from the game - was a bit dissapointed with the result, but no doubting, the best team won in the end. :ayatollah:

I'm a leeds fan for my sins, but happen to come from Merthyr (blame my dad andy189 for bringing me up leeds!! ;) )

I was in with the Cardiff fans tonight thanks to the kindness of Annis and i have to say i was completely bowled over by the welcome my dad and i both received tonight. despite growing up in merthyr (i now live in cambridge, hence the name) i have never seen cardiff play, and i thought that we were due a frosty reception.

but i have to say, despite being the enemies in the mist - annis made us very welcome and introduced us to all of the lads around us as the Leeds fans!!! :shock: luckily everyone was really nice and we had some really good conversations with some of the guys around us!

The game was superb from a cardiff point of view - you never let leeds play to their strengths and apart from 20mins in the second half, we never looked like scoring.
Snodgrass' goal was sublime - but apart from that leeds were dire!
it probably had a lot to do with Leeds' formation though - for the 12 games unbeaten we have played 451 with becchio spearheading the attack - tonight we played 442 with becchio on the bench and an untried lg1 striker up front with fatty mccormack!! unbelievable!

I will leave you with one thing to make all you DJ haters hate leeds even more................ We just saved Dj's Job................ as if you hate us enough!!! :)

once again - thanks for an enjoyable evening, your fans gave an outstanding showing of themselves and were thoroughly welcoming, i can assure you that although you may not have converted me into a ccfc fan, you have definately made me want to come to the cardiff city stadium again - i may just make it a regular thing whenever i visit home from sunny cambridge!!!
Annis - You're a top bloke - if ever you're in around cambridge - you're always welcome at ours!!!

Marching on together! :) :ayatollah:

Re: Thanks for the hospitality!! shame about the result ;)

Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:23 am

Fair do's mate....respect for your comments and glad you enjoyed the hospitality from Annis :ayatollah:

I spoke to a couple of Leeds ans outside the game and they were pretty philosophical, so respect to them too :ayatollah:

Hope everyone got home safe and at a reasonable time, because I understand there was a major incident on the M6 causing closures and massive tail-backs....

Chuckled at your 'saved Dave Jones' job' comment :lol: I think Annis would appreciate that!! :lol:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:29 am

to be honest i didnt expect to get anything from this game, and i doubt most the leeds fans did either.
for some reason - we never, ever beat cardiff - talk about bloody bogey team!!! :)

if you asked most the leeds fans at the start of the season what they expected from this season, mid table consolidation was the order of the day - we have defo played better than all expectations! long may it continue.

i have no doubt though that ccfc will go up this season - mark my words!!!

Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:07 am

cambridgewhite wrote:Not long got back from the game - was a bit dissapointed with the result, but no doubting, the best team won in the end. :ayatollah:

I'm a leeds fan for my sins, but happen to come from Merthyr (blame my dad andy189 for bringing me up leeds!! ;) )

I was in with the Cardiff fans tonight thanks to the kindness of Annis and i have to say i was completely bowled over by the welcome my dad and i both received tonight. despite growing up in merthyr (i now live in cambridge, hence the name) i have never seen cardiff play, and i thought that we were due a frosty reception.

but i have to say, despite being the enemies in the mist - annis made us very welcome and introduced us to all of the lads around us as the Leeds fans!!! :shock: luckily everyone was really nice and we had some really good conversations with some of the guys around us!

The game was superb from a cardiff point of view - you never let leeds play to their strengths and apart from 20mins in the second half, we never looked like scoring.
Snodgrass' goal was sublime - but apart from that leeds were dire!
it probably had a lot to do with Leeds' formation though - for the 12 games unbeaten we have played 451 with becchio spearheading the attack - tonight we played 442 with becchio on the bench and an untried lg1 striker up front with fatty mccormack!! unbelievable!

I will leave you with one thing to make all you DJ haters hate leeds even more................ We just saved Dj's Job................ as if you hate us enough!!! :)

once again - thanks for an enjoyable evening, your fans gave an outstanding showing of themselves and were thoroughly welcoming, i can assure you that although you may not have converted me into a ccfc fan, you have definately made me want to come to the cardiff city stadium again - i may just make it a regular thing whenever i visit home from sunny cambridge!!!
Annis - You're a top bloke - if ever you're in around cambridge - you're always welcome at ours!!!

Marching on together! :) :ayatollah:

Your Welcome , Yes Our Best home performance of the season, We must keep them just for Leeds, Great to meet you and your Dad. Well done in making that long Journey All that way in the Night, Glad you had a Safe journey home but With No points Once again :D
Enjoyed chatting to you :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:17 am

NICE TO SEE YOU HAD A FAIR TIME HERE, IF YOU LET YOUR WELSH SIDE COME TO THE TOP ,YOU WOULD HAVE HAD A BALL :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:25 am

Sven Ghali wrote:Hope everyone got home safe and at a reasonable time, because I understand there was a major incident on the M6 causing closures and massive tail-backs....

They would have missed all that as I passed the Leeds coaches on the M42.