Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Shame

Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:00 am

Cardiff couldn't sell out against Leeds :roll:

I find it funny how people are moaning about Leeds fans in the home end. What's the problem, when our own fans won't buy tickets? At least it's money coming into the club rather than nothing at all!

Re: Shame

Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:14 am

:ayatollah: Claire.....GO TO BED!! Just got in :lol:

Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:16 am

A lot of Fans did pay on the Night Due to many being told that they could, But I was Stunned that it was Not a Sell out, Funny this happens due to a few bad results.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:18 am

Annis how many more could we have got in with the segregation, tonights crowd 25090

Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:23 am

Igovernor wrote:Annis how many more could we have got in with the segregation, tonights crowd 25090

The segregation Section took 400 of Our end and 300 of theirs.

So realistically e could of Only got another 1,000 Tickets in, But Nearly 2,000 Season ticket holders never turned up last night lol

Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:25 am

Forever Blue wrote:A lot of Fans did pay on the Night Due to many being told that they could, But I was Stunned that it was Not a Sell out, Funny this happens due to a few bad results.

Just amazes me, the amount of people that I heard complain about the Leeds fans in the home end, we couldn't sell our own seats, surely it's better to sell seats to Leeds fans rather than having empty seats, it's more money for the club, that some of our 'fans' weren't prepared to pay.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:26 am

Why have we got such large segregation buffers though? You never see it at Premiership grounds. We could be making more money and, more importantly, getting more fans in

Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:28 am

I thought everyone Said because the family stand was next to the Away fans We would Safe money on Police lol, Once again loads of police and Taunts from Leeds fans to Our Families.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:47 am

Loads of gaps in the family stand... again. Reckon there was a thousand people missing there.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:57 am

I agree with You Claire lets take there Money! :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:32 am

the family stand looked quite sparse, tbh we really need to do something about the missing st persons

Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:39 am

Claire wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:A lot of Fans did pay on the Night Due to many being told that they could, But I was Stunned that it was Not a Sell out, Funny this happens due to a few bad results.

Just amazes me, the amount of people that I heard complain about the Leeds fans in the home end, we couldn't sell our own seats, surely it's better to sell seats to Leeds fans rather than having empty seats, it's more money for the club, that some of our 'fans' weren't prepared to pay.

Agree with you. As long as they behave themselves, I do'nt see a problem. Done it many times myself.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:42 am

Forever Blue wrote:I thought everyone Said because the family stand was next to the Away fans We would Safe money on Police lol, Once again loads of police and Taunts from Leeds fans to Our Families.

I know Annis i felt quite intimidated :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:42 am

Claire wrote:Cardiff couldn't sell out against Leeds :roll:

I find it funny how people are moaning about Leeds fans in the home end. What's the problem, when our own fans won't buy tickets? At least it's money coming into the club rather than nothing at all!

VERY TRUE CLAIR :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:52 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:the family stand looked quite sparse, tbh we really need to do something about the missing st persons

A more flexible ticketing system would help. Less STs and more ticket offers (e.g. bundles) for those unable to attend all games. Such a ticketing strategy requires brains and that is not something I associate with CCFC ticketing.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:54 am

A freezing night, pi**ing down with freezing rain, and we get over 25,000.

Crying out load. :roll: :roll:

Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:00 am

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:A freezing night, pi**ing down with freezing rain, and we get over 25,000.

LOAD ?????? Image :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:12 am

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:A freezing night, pi**ing down with freezing rain, and we get over 25,000.

Thats just it, it was not over 25,000. More like 23,000 going on the missing STs.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:34 am

Dont worry Annis re the family stand the South West Terror Squad are in there and in full effect - have it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

It's a good laugh in there to be fair as we are really near the away fans, great on nights like last night ;)

Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Igovernor wrote:Annis how many more could we have got in with the segregation, tonights crowd 25090

The segregation Section took 400 of Our end and 300 of theirs.

So realistically e could of Only got another 1,000 Tickets in, But Nearly 2,000 Season ticket holders never turned up last night lol

Annis you hold a bit of sway within the club. This is a frustration - I have a season ticket and travel up for every home game from Poole. My daughters also have tickets - big one comes to every home game but youngest is only 5 and just starting to get the bug but has only been to 4 games so far this season. I am more than happy to surrender my spare tickets for weekday matches but want an official mechanism for doing this - can they not set up a surrender website - sell the tickets on officially and possibly compensate the seller if not in cash then via a discount in the shop. That way everyone wins.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:05 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:the family stand looked quite sparse, tbh we really need to do something about the missing st persons

Baz what you have to remember is, its just that. a family stand, where kids sit, it was a midweek game, the same day some kids went back to school or were going to bed early for the first time in 3 weeks ready for their first day back, this is always going to happen where ever you put the familys.

i know we could argue that there were kids there but that depends on a few things
1 if the parent dont mind them being up late
2 where they live (before you go there i know where carl lives :D )
3 how good them kids are at getting out of bed after a late night
4 wether they were well or not
5 if it was up to the individual parent who normally takes their child (as in my case)

Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:26 pm

Was a great attendance for a Tuesday night, my point wasn't that we didn't sell out, but that people were moaning about away fans in the home end! It's money for the club, whoever they are sold to.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:28 pm

For everyone moaning about Leeds fans in the home ends last night, think back and remember that City fans have also ended up in the home ends at other clubs grounds when demand has been high for tickets. It's even been discussed on here many times so we can't really start having double standards over this.

Besides, 25,000 on a cold, wet night just after the most expensive time of the year and it was the highest attendance of the night after Man United's, beating 2 Premiership club's home attendances, so lets get it into perspective

Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:48 pm

I see no reason to be a sell out due to citys recent form. Furthermore and lets be realistic we were playing a 2nd division club that hane just recently been promoted. The current Leeds football club has the same status as former big clubs - Sheff Wed , PNER, Burnely : we wouldnt expect sell outs to them, just because they used to be big ....food for thought

Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:53 pm

The problem with the Leeds fans in the home end is the potential trouble it could've brought if things had gone differently. There was always a risk.

Shame there wasn't a sell out though, considering Leeds are hated :D :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:55 pm

Claire wrote:
Was a great attendance for a Tuesday night, my point wasn't that we didn't sell out, but that people were moaning about away fans in the home end! It's money for the club, whoever they are sold to.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:05 pm

Dafydd wrote:The problem with the Leeds fans in the home end is the potential trouble it could've brought if things had gone differently.

I'm thinking of the double standards of anyone moaning about it who were previously also talking about going in the home end at QPR recently, as well as some other games we've played recently

Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:16 pm

Claire wrote:Cardiff couldn't sell out against Leeds :roll:

it is a shame, i gather a lot of fans with season tickets didnt turn up either as the ground didnt look 25,000 full anyways, a lot of gaps
we will always have fringe fans until we reach the promised land then hopefully fill it everyweek!

Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:21 pm

I agree with Claire, unfortunately I have gone down with swine flu and couldn't make it last night. But that's the first home game i've missed in a long, long time. I'm sure there's hundreds, perhaps thousands of other City fans who are going through what i'm going through right now and that's possibly why it wasn't a sell out. But surely it makes sense to allow the away fans to have some of the spare home seats? Not only will it generate a better atmosphere, as Claire says, it gives our club more money!

Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:27 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I agree with Claire, unfortunately I have gone down with swine flu and couldn't make it last night. But that's the first home game i've missed in a long, long time. I'm sure there's hundreds, perhaps thousands of other City fans who are going through what i'm going through right now and that's possibly why it wasn't a sell out. But surely it makes sense to allow the away fans to have some of the spare home seats? Not only will it generate a better atmosphere, as Claire says, it gives our club more money!

yeh, good point, a lot of people have been under the weather
i agree with u and claire in that if we dont sell out, allow the away fans to purchase aslong as they sit down n shut up :lol:
im guessing 99% of leeds fans in the home end will have been local and travelled with city fans anyways,
u never know, last night could have turned em!
:ayatollah: