Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WE NEED THIS TO MAKE CARDIFF ROCK AT GAMES

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:03 am

i STILL THINK TO HEAR THIS IN THE GROUND BE IT IN CCS OR AN AWAY GAME WOULD BE BRILLIANT ,AND CARDIFF WOULD BE THE ONLY CLUB IN THE COUNTRY TO SING IN WELSH. ALL WE WOULD HAVE TO SING IN WELSH IS THE CHORUS.
HEAR THIS CHORUS ITS AMAZING AND THE WORDS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WooUv0QttKs

WERE THE FAMOUS CARDIFF CITY WE WEAR A SHIRT OF BLUE

WERE FROM THE LAND OF CYMRU, WERE WELSHMEN STRONG AND TRUE

YES!! WERE CARDIFF CITY , WITH A BLUEBIRD ON OUR CHEST

OUR HOMELAND IS IN WALES , WERE BETTER THAN THE REST
CHORUS
Ry'n ni yma o hyd,
Ry'n ni yma o hyd,
Er gwaetha pawb a phopeth,
Er gwaetha pawb a phopeth
Ry'n ni yma o hyd.
Ry'n ni yma o hyd,
Er gwaetha pawb a phopeth,
Er gwaetha pawb a phopeth
Ry'n ni yma o hyd. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: WE NEED THIS TO MAKE CARDIFF ROCK AT GAMES

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:05 am

CANT YOU JUST HEAR 1,000S OF US SINING THAT ? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:12 am

Yea and the chorus will end up not being welsh cause I bet quite alot of the peeps wontbe able to sing in welsh :lol: :ayatollah:

Good song though..we need a club anthem like "you'll never walk alone" or "marching on together"

Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:15 pm

If men of harlech isnt a big enough anthem to get everyone fired up i dont know what is!

Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:48 pm

I do like the sound of 'Cardiff rock'.......nice change from other seaside rock. ;)

Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:55 pm

Sorry, i cant speak/sing in Welsh and to be honest have no desire what so ever of doing so. I am Welsh and proud
but not interested in the language. :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:07 pm

God you dont have to speak welsh , I dont ! and its only a few lines , surley to god you can learn that ?

Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:12 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:Sorry, i cant speak/sing in Welsh and to be honest have no desire what so ever of doing so. I am Welsh and proud
but not interested in the language. :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: LET ME GET THIS RIGHT ? YOU SAY YOU ARE QUOTE WELSH AND PROUND ?
SO WHAT ARE YOU PROUD OF THAT MAKES YOU WELSH ? BRAINS BEER ? OR JUST COS YOU SUPPORT A WELSH FOOTBALL TEAM ? NO ONE IS ASKING YOU TO LEARN THE LANGUAGE, JUST TO SING A FEW WORDS IN WELSH .

Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:18 pm

Dazzatim wrote:If men of harlech isnt a big enough anthem to get everyone fired up i dont know what is!

ITS A BRILLIANT SONG , BUT AGAIN NO ONE KNOWS OR IS WILLING TO LEARN THE WORDS.
I FOR ONE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR IT SANG AT EVERY MATCH, EVEN WHEN WE ARE BEHINED AS IT GOT THAT FEELING TO MAKE AND DRIVE YOU AND THE TEAM ON . BUT AS I SAID , ITS THAT SOME OF THE SUPPORTES ARE JUST TOO BLOODY LAZY TO LEARN IT.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:24 pm

I'm willing to learn the words..i know a few lines thats it like :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:03 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:I'm willing to learn the words..i know a few lines thats it like :lol: :ayatollah:

SAID LIKE A TRUE WELSHMAN :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:57 pm

Its a great song very passionate but we dont need to copy rugby (the scarlets) play this when the team comes out.But we do need a song that we can all sing. shame we cant all learn the words of MOH now that makes the hairs on my neck stand up when its sung. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:58 pm

Too bad none of us can speak welsh.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:01 pm

Dazzatim wrote:If men of harlech isnt a big enough anthem to get everyone fired up i dont know what is!

+1 :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:03 pm

Welshcitydragon...just clicked that link...A BIG f*cking YES FROM ME :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:39 pm

MOH or the welsh one the club and trip organisers have to help with words etc. on buses and in ground or it just won't catch on. I think they should show the film clip and song from the film Zulu or Rorks drift before the game

Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:05 pm

It's a great tune but..........

The subtitles need a LOT of work makes us Welsh folk look like a bunch of lefty daily mail/guardian fools. Even the Irish would take the piss and man do they have some shit songs. The men in short skirts who drink pure alcohol for breakfast have better tunes.

Flower of Scotland. :ayatollah:

Great tune sang by "men" in short skirts, wearing thongs :shock:

Lets all learn the words to Men Of Harlech, we could cunningly change Harlech to Cadiff, they won't notice on CCMb honest :lol:

Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:38 pm

We could go back to old days..............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyaTIXdN ... re=related

We used to modify the lyrics slighty.

Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:57 am

men of harlech although an ok song doesnt have the same effect as marching on together or millwalls no one likes us because they are easier to sing louder the same as play up pompey..

Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:22 am

WHATS WITH THIS BLOODY , WE DONT SPEAK WELSH THING ? YOU DONT HAVE TO SPEAK WELSH , ITS JUST A FEW LINES 3 THAT THE SAME . MY GOD IS PEOPLE CANT LEARN 3 LINES OF A SONG ,THEN THEY MUST BE IN A REALLY BAD WAY.
EVEN MOH , THEY SAY WE DONT KNOW THE WORDS ! WELL LEARN THE f*cking WORDS,! ITS JUST BEING LAZY OR, NORRRR f**k IT ! CANT BE BOTHER TO. THE OTHER THING IS , READ THE WORDS TO THE TO THE CHORUS ,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WooUv0QttKs , ITS WORDS THAT ARE GREAT FOR CARDIFF CITY,
were are still here , were still here , dispite everyone, and everything we are still here, THEM WORDS ARE EVEN GREAT TO USE IF WE GO A GOAL DOWN IN A GAME, :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

iF YOU CANT SEE HOW GOOD THIS SONG IS THEN THERE HAS TO BE SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOU, :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:24 am

GIVE IT A EAR http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WooUv0QttKs FEEL THE PASSION :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:06 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:GIVE IT A EAR http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WooUv0QttKs FEEL THE PASSION :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

its a quality song and ive told you that before but our fans are too lazy

Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:51 pm

Yma o Hyd comes across as a Welsh nationalist's hymn which does not sit easily with the multicultural heritage of our city and club. Linked to this, a significant majority of our fans do not speak Welsh. In any event, it is hard enough to get the fans to sing a decent rendition of Men of Harlech in English - with the appropriate version, a far more powerful and positive hymn IMHO.

Getting Men of Harlech right is the best way forward.

Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:46 pm

Its not hard, people can make the noises that are actual welsh words, and its the easiest words ever,

Ruh-e knee um-ah o heed,
Ruh-e knee um-ah o heed,
E-re Gw-a-tha pa-oo-buh a pop-eth
Ruh-e knee um-ah o heed

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:01 pm

brilliantbluebirds09 wrote:Its not hard, people can make the noises that are actual welsh words, and its the easiest words ever,

Ruh-e knee um-ah o heed,
Ruh-e knee um-ah o heed,
Ruh-e knee um-ah o heed

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

ITS TRUE WHAT, HORSE WITH NO NAME SAID , OUR FANS ARE TOO f*cking LAZY
JUST WANT TI SING THERE 2 SONGS , YOU ARE MY CARDIFF ,AND THAT OTHER SONG THAT EVERY OTHER CLUBS SING

Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:48 pm

I think it would be awesome to have an anthem and this song could be the one, men of harlech before kick off is awesome however when fans sing during the match it lasts about 10 seconds , duh duh duh duh duh duh clap clap, duh duh duh duh duh duh clap clap FINISH!!!! We need something that everyone can sing and everyone can related to. Dont know how many fans would embrace it however I think the way forward would be on the coachhes to away games and in the stadium and pubs before home games to try and implement the song by telling others. Hope it catches on :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:49 pm

sorta like chinese whispers but with out tweaking it :lol: