Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

9 YEARS AGO TODAY ....

Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:08 pm

cardiff 2-1 leeds fa cup giantkilling day i will never forget i was only 13 then :ayatollah:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHWdL86yoMs

or was it the 7th ???

Re: 9 YEARS AGO TODAY ....

Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:15 pm

6th jan it was :ayatollah:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 742551.stm

Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:20 pm

Great day mate :ayatollah: Apart from the press reaction following the 'pitch invasion'

Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:00 pm

Article from the time:
This was my first visit to Ninian Park and it will undoubtedly be my last.

Witnessing mindless missile-throwing at close quarters and then being bundled out of the ground by a security man doing his worst nightclub bouncer impression left me cold.

I also feel a certain amount of despair, because I thought British football had made progress since the dark days of the late 1970s and early 1980s.

People got hurt inside Ninian Park on Sunday and many Leeds fans spent the afternoon fearing for their safety rather than enjoying a classic Cup tie.

Those facts are enough to require that the authorities demand answers from those in positions of power at Cardiff City.

Nobody can dispute that it was a fantastic result for the Bluebirds - one of their best ever - and well worth celebrating.

But someone had to answer for the constant missile-throwing, the hostility toward visiting fans and the proliferation of alcohol bottles inside the ground.

I like the fact he is making out the Leeds fans were all innocent just wanting to watch a bit of football!!! Yeah right!!

Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:06 pm

That game was the only time I went in the Grange End! What a game! Can't remember much about the game, just the pitch invasion after. I was about 14 I think. Had a CCFC flag and as the crowd pushed onto the pitch, I dropped my flag and people proceeded to walk over it. As a young girl, I was horrified by this. I wanted my flag!! Until a steward saw me getting upset and he walked into the crowd and yelled "STOP!" And held his hands out. People stopped running through the gate and just looked at him. He bent down to pick up the flag and just went "carry on". Was hilarious! :lol: