Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHAT MAKES YOU PROUND TO BE WELSH ?

Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:36 pm

I JUST HAVE TO ASK THIS SORRY, AS IN A POST I SEE SOME ONE WROTE , I WELSH AND PROUND , BUT HE SAID THIS QUOTE,
Sorry, i cant speak/sing in Welsh and to be honest have no desire what so ever of doing so. I am Welsh and proud
but not interested in the language. END OF QUOTE.
OK I UNDERSTAND YOU MAY NOT WANT TO LEAN TO SPEAK WELSH , THATS FINE! BUT TO SAY YOU ARE PROUND TO BE WELSH , BUT NOT WILLING TO LEARN A FEW LINES OF A WELSH SONG, TO SING TO SUPPORT YOU TEAM WHICH IS THE CAPITAL OF WALES ( CARDIFF CITY ) I THINK SILLY TO SAY iM WLESH AND PROUND :lol: :lol: :lol:

WHEN YOU HEAR WELSH SONG LAND OF MY FATHERS , SURLY THIS MUST MAKE THE HAIRS ON THE BACK OF YOUR NECK STAND UP. MY SELF, I CAN NEVER SINING IT ALL AS I START FILL UP INSIDE .
SO WHAT MAKES YOU WELSH OR THINK YOU ARE WELSH.?

Re: WHAT MAKES YOU PROUND TO BE WELSH ?

Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:47 pm

Sorry mate egg hymns just don't do it for me :D

Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:00 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:Sorry mate egg hymns just don't do it for me :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: egg hyms ? :lol: :lol: where in there do it say anything about rugby ? look at the words and it tell of the hardships that wales have had but we are still here , like Cardiff City all the problems we have had but we are still here .

eggs :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:38 pm

Our spelling :shock: :D :lol: :lol:

Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:44 pm

Language
History
Cardiff
Our Rugby team
Music as in Phonics etc
Anthem
Accent
:P

Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:06 pm

Our ongoing fued with the germans across the border :D

Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:23 pm

Rydw i'n siarad Cymraeg.

The Dragon :ayatollah:
The Patriotism :ayatollah:
Rugby :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:26 pm

A fi

Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:29 pm

av lived in england 25 yrs since i was 19 and love it, though when i am with all the english lads and the subject crops up i always say do u fell proud to be english and they always say " to rite taff, am well proud m8, do u feel proud to be welsh " to which i answer no, after a pause they usually say why not ? to which i answer " BECAUSE I FEEL PRIVELAGED, gets them every time :lol: though it also the truth, i do feel privelaged for to many reasons to mention :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:33 pm

Nothing bar ccfc, sfa, wales football. :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:36 pm

what makes me proud to be Welsh...

Beautiful countryside and beaches.

The generally warm, unpretentious people.

Wales great cosmopolitan capital city.

Things that DONT make me proud include... the Welsh establishments love in with rugby, the welsh media, the tafia, male voice choirs, the accent, the obesity epidemic and the poor level of education.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:43 pm

alfie sherwood wrote:what makes me proud to be Welsh...

Things that DONT make me proud include... the Welsh establishments love in with rugby, the welsh media, the tafia, male voice choirs, the accent, the obesity epidemic and the poor level of education.

....AND THOSE FUCKERS FROM THE VALLEYS :D

Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:54 pm

Exactly what i would have said! :ayatollah:
Oh and the mountains!!!! Wild craggy old mountains, just love em :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:05 pm

Being able to say...

"Oh Butt, I'm slam ew a fucker now" and "Oh love, walk ew home or what?" :lol:

But most of all knowing that you can give a girl a "cwtch" better than anyone else in the world. Tidy darts!

Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:20 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:I JUST HAVE TO ASK THIS SORRY, AS IN A POST I SEE SOME ONE WROTE , I WELSH AND PROUND , BUT HE SAID THIS QUOTE,
Sorry, i cant speak/sing in Welsh and to be honest have no desire what so ever of doing so. I am Welsh and proud
but not interested in the language. END OF QUOTE.
OK I UNDERSTAND YOU MAY NOT WANT TO LEAN TO SPEAK WELSH , THATS FINE! BUT TO SAY YOU ARE PROUND TO BE WELSH , BUT NOT WILLING TO LEARN A FEW LINES OF A WELSH SONG, TO SING TO SUPPORT YOU TEAM WHICH IS THE CAPITAL OF WALES ( CARDIFF CITY ) I THINK SILLY TO SAY iM WLESH AND PROUND :lol: :lol: :lol:

WHEN YOU HEAR WELSH SONG LAND OF MY FATHERS , SURLY THIS MUST MAKE THE HAIRS ON THE BACK OF YOUR NECK STAND UP. MY SELF, I CAN NEVER SINING IT ALL AS I START FILL UP INSIDE .
SO WHAT MAKES YOU WELSH OR THINK YOU ARE WELSH.?

What makes me welsh is the fact that my parents are welsh and I've lived there nearly all my life. :roll: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:32 pm

The only thing that holds any ground is being a CCFC fan. Always get respect for that and love being part of it!
Home supporter supporting my home club :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:35 pm

tangledupinblue wrote:

Exactly what i would have said! :ayatollah:
Oh and the mountains!!!! Wild craggy old mountains, just love em :ayatollah:

I included mountains in my love of the Welsh countryside.

Boy have we got some lovely mountains !

I love the Beacons, Snowdon, Plynlymmon but my favourite is the Epynt. Wild, bleak and beautiful.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:44 pm

Maybe the narrow-mined parachiolism.

Maybe the endless need to find a Welsh 'connection' with everything.

Maybe the false assumption that the Welsh are warm-natured, and the English not.

Maybe the inability to think any other 'politic', than good old Labour.

Maybe utter garbage the 'Welsh' politicians come out with when they open their gobs.

Maybe the stupid 10 minute Welsh garble that ali trots out, whilst 99.9999999% of the crowd sit there puzzled.

Maybe the in-built 'let's feel sorry for us', and the total and utter lack of a 'get up and go' attitude.

The scenery's nice, though,

Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:47 pm

Berwyn wrote:Being able to say...

"Oh Butt, I'm slam ew a fucker now" and "Oh love, walk ew home or what?" :lol:

But most of all knowing that you can give a girl a "cwtch" better than anyone else in the world. Tidy darts!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:25 pm

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:Maybe the narrow-mined parachiolism.

Maybe the false assumption that the Welsh are warm-natured, and the English not.

Maybe utter garbage the 'Welsh' politicians come out with when they open their gobs.

Maybe the stupid 10 minute Welsh garble that ali trots out, whilst 99.9999999% of the crowd sit there puzzled.

Maybe the in-built 'let's feel sorry for us', and the total and utter lack of a 'get up and go' attitude.

MUST BE A PISS OFF LEEDS FAN :lol: :lol:

Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:12 pm

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:Maybe the narrow-mined parachiolism.

You forgot completely hating you arrogant , ignorant , self righteous caaahnts across the border.....

On the seventh day god stood in the valleys, squatted down and took a massive shit, this shit is now known as England... Nos da bitch

Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:18 pm

To answer the question

In no particular order

Men of Harlech
Craig Bellamy
Super Furry Animals
Cardiff City
Snowdon
West Wales
Rhys Ifans
Joe Calzaghe

Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:23 pm

welsh and proud! what makes us proud to be welsh? we're all nutters!!!!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:33 pm

My family originated from the the North and they call us Plastic welsh so i just call them scouse.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:38 pm

lagerlewis wrote:My family originated from the the North and they call us Plastic welsh so i just call them scouse.

Snap - porthmadog

Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:44 pm

peter's pies, Love spoons, stan stennett, those table cloths from Tenby with the welsh bollocks on them.

:ayatollah:

Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:46 pm

simply answering im welsh not english ! every where you go abroad

Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:10 pm

Leeks & Harry Secombe :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:37 pm

Yes I'm proud to be Welsh, not going to give you any reason why! - just read your history books. :old:

Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:54 am

ccfcgrangeend wrote:Our ongoing fued with the germans across the border :D

OI...behave... :old: