Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

This U-Juin email.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:25 pm

Anyone noticed people are telling porkies about it.

It's on the Trust website, presented as being via the Trust from the Trust's chief PR guy ( retired ) on CCMB.

Yet it actually appears, reading the text, to have been an email to an INDIVIDUAL Trust member rather than official communication with the Trust...

You can tell it's been deliberately misrepresented based upon the glowing pro-Trust comments on that thread.

Re: This U-Juin email.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:28 pm

nerd wrote:Anyone noticed people are telling porkies about it.

It's on the Trust website, presented as being via the Trust from the Trust's chief PR guy ( retired ) on CCMB.

Yet it actually appears, reading the text, to have been an email to an INDIVIDUAL Trust member rather than official communication with the Trust...

You can tell it's been deliberately misrepresented based upon the glowing pro-Trust comments on that thread.

Tut Tut .

Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:29 pm

Its bull shit. :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
nerd wrote:Anyone noticed people are telling porkies about it.

Tut Tut .

how would U-Juin describe Parkin as a 'beast' aswell?
how would he know that, thats what we call him?

Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:33 pm

What would be interesting would be knowing precisely the time it was put on the Trust's website and relate that to the time it was posted on CCMB.

Enquiring minds would want to know why the post on CCMB was made not by a Trust offical but by someone who flounced/resigned from the Trust board a while ago...

Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:36 pm

If you read the first post in the thread you would see that the OP has clearly stated that it was sent to an individual Trust member who gave his/her permission for it to be posted on CCMB and sent to all Trust members. The author of the email also gave permission for it to be published.

Why the sniping against the Trust?

Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:39 pm

The chain of events has now been explained.

"This e-mail was sent by U-Jiun Tan to a Trust member on the day of the Leeds game in response to an e-mail the fan had sent him. I don't know about you but I suspect Messrs Jones and Jenkins had other things to do on Tuesday rather than vet e-mails from board members.

Having been forwarded the contents of the e-mail, the Trust reps believed it would be good if all fans could read U-Jiun's words, so they asked for his permission to copy it on the Trust website and send a copy to the members. That permission was granted. "

So, this email which many on CCMB are lauding as showing how effectively the Trust is, much better than rumours/updates from fans in fact had sweet FA to do with the Trust.

Anyone mailing U-Juin would have got a reply, irrespective of afiliation with a Trust or not; yet it's a mail publicised by the Trust. Of course, a certain person way too clever to outright lie - but it's clear the motivation for publicising was PR for the Trust...

Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:41 pm

penylanblue wrote:If you read the first post in the thread you would see that the OP has clearly stated that it was sent to an individual Trust member who gave his/her permission for it to be posted on CCMB and sent to all Trust members. The author of the email also gave permission for it to be published.

Quite agree Penylanblue
The Trust communication makes it quite clear that it was a message to an individual and permission has been gained to publish it on the Trust website

Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:42 pm

I have had many emails off TG. All I will say is he is a man of few words but they are very wise words, and so I am surprised at the depth to which Tan goes in this e-mail. I know the Malaysians are thinking over the Dave Jones issue very carefully for the moment whilst pointing out that we as fans and the club as a whole need to keep the focus. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:42 pm

penylanblue wrote:If you read the first post in the thread you would see that the OP has clearly stated that it was sent to an individual Trust member who gave his/her permission for it to be posted on CCMB and sent to all Trust members. The author of the email also gave permission for it to be published.

So you'll correct those in the thread praising the communication from the Trust then? No? Why didn't a Trust official post it on CCMB? Now, if permission was given for it to be pulished, why was it published on CCMB by a Trust official who resigned?

You know damn well why it was published the way it was. Cynical.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:54 pm

ihatealiens wrote:I have had many emails off TG. All I will say is he is a man of few words but they are very wise words, and so I am surprised at the depth to which Tan goes in this e-mail. I know the Malaysians are thinking over the Dave Jones issue very carefully for the moment whilst pointing out that we as fans and the club as a whole need to keep the focus. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tg is a man of very few words via email, his last email to me when i asked him about his thoughts on 8 points out of 30 and DJs position, he replied, "We are monitoring the situation", and "great win against Leeds".

Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:58 pm

nobby wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:I have had many emails off TG. All I will say is he is a man of few words but they are very wise words, and so I am surprised at the depth to which Tan goes in this e-mail. I know the Malaysians are thinking over the Dave Jones issue very carefully for the moment whilst pointing out that we as fans and the club as a whole need to keep the focus. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tg is a man of very few words via email, his last email to me when i asked him about his thoughts on 8 points out of 30 and DJs position, he replied, "We are monitoring the situation", and "great win against Leeds".

Aye tidy fella though isn't he. Understandable why Mr Jones has been so vitriolic in the press though, he is under immense pressure. It may do him good though as I believe he has had it far too easy for far too long ;)

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:00 pm

nerd wrote:

So you'll correct those in the thread praising the communication from the Trust then? No? Why didn't a Trust official post it on CCMB? Now, if permission was given for it to be pulished, why was it published on CCMB by a Trust official who resigned?

I've looked at both then thread on CCMB and on the trust website

It is made quite clear on both that it was sent to a trust member and U Jiun then permission for it to be published on the Trust website

Someone in the thread then mistakenly says that it was sent to the trust.

However despite lookng through the thread I saw no glowing tributes to the trust. Perhaps you couild point them out to me out to me

In the word of the bard

Much ado about nothing

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:11 pm

nerd wrote:

I've looked at both then thread on CCMB and on the trust website

It is made quite clear on both that it was sent to a trust member and U Jiun then permission for it to be published on the Trust website

However despite lookng through the thread I saw no glowing tributes to the trust. Perhaps you couild point them out to me out to me

In the word of the bard

Much ado about nothing

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:13 pm

Elwood Blues wrote:I've looked at both then thread on CCMB and on the trust website

In the word of the bard

Much ado about nothing

Yes, someone mistakenly claims U-Juin sent it to the Trust.

No tributes to the trust? Didn't look very closely, eh?

=====

"Will we get Regular Tan's Updates hehe

On a serious note i wish this is how all news from the club came out not through Rumours or updates from fans."

"I agree with a previous poster on wishing this is how we got info. A couple of e mails a month would be grand.

I'm sick of hearing about SH,PR,individal fans trying to be important,rumours and so called people in the know.

Fans as a body are important not individuals."

"That is the whole point of joining the trust mate so there are no rumours"

"Must admit Felt the same, and I have to say if this email message came from anyone else other than the supporters trust I would be very unsure of its truths.

It's word perfect to our concerns. I shall put trust in the trust, and take this email as trust worthy"

====

Face facts - somebody contacted Mr Tan. Anyone - doesn't need to be a Trust member - could do so.

Some Trust officials - and TLG's involvement leads me to believe he's still influential in there despite his martyrdom - decided to get publicity for themselves, get permission, get it published...

I can see why. They do need the members.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:20 pm

nerd wrote:What would be interesting would be knowing precisely the time it was put on the Trust's website and relate that to the time it was posted on CCMB.

Enquiring minds would want to know why the post on CCMB was made not by a Trust offical but by someone who flounced/resigned from the Trust board a while ago...

You mean The Lone Gunman.Dave Sugarman.

There I've said it.And I haven't been blasted to dust

And I'm not in the least bit interested as to which was posted first.

I'm too busy watching some paint dry.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:25 pm

nerd wrote:The chain of events has now been explained.

"This e-mail was sent by U-Jiun Tan to a Trust member on the day of the Leeds game in response to an e-mail the fan had sent him. I don't know about you but I suspect Messrs Jones and Jenkins had other things to do on Tuesday rather than vet e-mails from board members.

Having been forwarded the contents of the e-mail, the Trust reps believed it would be good if all fans could read U-Jiun's words, so they asked for his permission to copy it on the Trust website and send a copy to the members. That permission was granted. "

So, this email which many on CCMB are lauding as showing how effectively the Trust is, much better than rumours/updates from fans in fact had sweet FA to do with the Trust.

Anyone mailing U-Juin would have got a reply, irrespective of afiliation with a Trust or not; yet it's a mail publicised by the Trust. Of course, a certain person way too clever to outright lie - but it's clear the motivation for publicising was PR for the Trust...

FFS sherlock, who gives a shit. :lol:

I can't beleive how so many people are determined to spend their time trying to dirty other peoples info. - you get this sort of thing on here, bitching at the Trust, then people picking on Carl's stuff on CCMB - it is pathetic.

I'm more interested in what it says -as he's clearly an important member of our board, and as Tan's son could have a massive influence on how this club progresses. .

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:28 pm

it does actually say it was sent to a trust member, who then asked permission to post it publically on the trust website.

why people who support Cardiff want to make 'digs' at the trust is beyond me.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:29 pm

Not really interested in what he says. As the mail started, it was his individual opinion, not the boards.

And quite frankly, if he thinks everything will be solved with just a couple of centre halves... well, it's real football, not Football Manager...

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:32 pm

well i think he is correct in that if we get our defence sorted the rest of the team can concentrate on what they do best.

think his opinion will have a big impact on what happens at our football club

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:43 pm

Who gives a shit?

If the cybermen had some balls they'd discuss it face to face Eh?

Fecking cybermen, worse than daleks and don't start me on those left wing apologists, if the chief god lady, Mrs Thatcher, hadn't given those pikey tin can bastards a grant for those anti gravity things we'd be safe, solid, sound and sleep tidy like in our beds. Lefty wankers now got technology to get up stairs and everything, a man can't have an afternoon "snooze" anymore for fear of getting caught, cough, errrmm I mean woken up..... :oops:

Bastards.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:19 pm

nerd wrote:
Elwood Blues wrote:I've looked at both then thread on CCMB and on the trust website

In the word of the bard

Much ado about nothing

Yes, someone mistakenly claims U-Juin sent it to the Trust.

No tributes to the trust? Didn't look very closely, eh?

=====

"Will we get Regular Tan's Updates hehe

On a serious note i wish this is how all news from the club came out not through Rumours or updates from fans."

"I agree with a previous poster on wishing this is how we got info. A couple of e mails a month would be grand.

I'm sick of hearing about SH,PR,individal fans trying to be important,rumours and so called people in the know.

Fans as a body are important not individuals."

"That is the whole point of joining the trust mate so there are no rumours"

"Must admit Felt the same, and I have to say if this email message came from anyone else other than the supporters trust I would be very unsure of its truths.

It's word perfect to our concerns. I shall put trust in the trust, and take this email as trust worthy"

====

Face facts - somebody contacted Mr Tan. Anyone - doesn't need to be a Trust member - could do so.

Some Trust officials - and TLG's involvement leads me to believe he's still influential in there despite his martyrdom - decided to get publicity for themselves, get permission, get it published...

I can see why. They do need the members.

And is that it ?

The sum total of the "glowing praise" for the trust?

I did see that stuff, didn't think that was what you meant.

And as I said in another post, it is made quite clear at the top of the thread and on the Trust website that ther E_mail was sent to a trust member and U_Juin gave his permission to put it on the Trust website.

Then TLG adds another post ( before this thread starts inidentallly) again pointing out that th E_Mail was sent to an individual member.What more do you want??

I think you've been reading too many conspiracy theories

Mountains and Molehills sring to mind.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:21 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

I can't beleive how so many people are determined to spend their time trying to dirty other peoples info. - you get this sort of thing on here, bitching at the Trust, then people picking on Carl's stuff on CCMB - it is pathetic.

I'm more interested in what it says -as he's clearly an important member of our board, and as Tan's son could have a massive influence on how this club progresses. .

Well said Tim

Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:26 pm

Oh for the love of God! This constant sniping is really getting pathetic, people on BOTH boards need to have a word with themselves.

U-Juin is talking about hoping to be at the Norwich away game, Christ I knew these guys had some money behind them but............. :lol:

Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:31 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

This ^^^^^

Unfortunately it seems like a mountain is being made out of a molehill.