Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

the price of fuel

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:08 pm

just bought diesel in tesco paid £1.31 a litre :o :o :o ,its shocking :ayatollah:

Re: the price of fuel

Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:50 pm

That's cheap compared to the westward Ho garage in Danescourt it was £1.39.9 for diesel before the price hike.

Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:46 pm

Where are the Tory boy Hauliers now ?

Of course their leader is Brynley Williams is now a Tory AM.

He and his farmer and haulier friends are very quiet with fuel prices so high at present. Their lack of action now just proves that their protest was not about fuel pricing but about political ideology.

Wankers the lot of them.

Mass protests should be taking place but we are all so tied up in the rat race trying to pay mortgages, essential bills and credit cards that the thought of protesting and losing our jobs is too terryifying a thing to even think about.

The establishment must be laughing their heads off at the ordinary people of this country. :evil:

Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:52 pm

mate its crap! i fuilled up and cost me £73 and i only get 260 miles :cry:

Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:59 pm

The tories must be laughing their bollocks off at the man in the street, they can do what they want & the only protest has come from students.They squeeze us to the hilt & then multi millionares tell us we're all in this together.Thatcher was rotten to the core but at least we knew where we stood with her, these slimy bastards pretend their on our side.

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:06 am

lets be like the french and stand up to thier shit!

too many people just hide and carry on with thier lives, they have the opinion just dont want to do nothing about it

petrol up to 1,30 etc taking he fecking piss out of us, and they know they can do it because we dont do sweet fa

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:08 am

Oh the Torries............

For Allahs sake wake up.

It's you soft left wings cunts that have sold you're country down the line. Wankers.

Stand up for yourselves for once and ditch the crap instead of bitching on some message board.

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:16 am

Willy the Wombat wrote:Oh the Torries............

For Allahs sake wake up.

It's you soft left wings cunts that have sold you're country down the line. Wankers.

Stand up for yourselves for once and ditch the crap instead of bitching on some message board.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:20 am

They're all the same, just different colours

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:32 am

cheppy wrote:
Willy the Wombat wrote:Oh the Torries............

For Allahs sake wake up.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:38 am

£1.30 a litre is nothing if you believe some expert the other day who said 'By April we will be paying £1.50 a litre which will peak to £1.80 !!!!! by the summer and then level out to about £1.50 ish and we will be happy paying that'
I don't think we have seen half of what is going to hit us the next couple of years under these tory bastards........... :evil:

Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:04 am

here's the home page for brynley willams tory am.....i've just sent him an email about fuel prices and asked him what he's going to do about it......these arseholes have short memories

http://www.brynlewilliams.co.uk/home

Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:35 am

The Tories introduced the Fuel duty in 1928.

In 1993, a Conservative Government introduced the fuel price escalator which led to marked rises in the cost of fuel, taking them from among the cheapest to the most expensive in Europe. Labour took full advantage of the escalator when they came into power in 1997 although they were forced to abandon it in 1999 because of rising public pressure.

Apparently the lowest price of unleaded fuel at CF11 today, presumably at Asda, is £1.239 per litre. This breaks down.

Basic fuel price per litre (at forecourt): £0.4430
Fuel duty: £0.5895
VAT (20%): £0.2065
Forecourt Price: £1.239
Total payable to HM Government: £0.796 (i.e. 1.8 x basic fuel price)

If the forecourt price rises to £1.50 per litre, that would break down as follows:

Basic fuel price per litre (at forecourt): £0.6605
Fuel duty: £0.5895
VAT (20%): £0.250
Forecourt Price: £1.50
Total payable to HM Government: £0.8395 (i.e. 1.3 x basic fuel price)

The figures on the total amount of fuel duty collected by the UK Government may interest you.

08-09 (actual): £24.6bn
09-10 (estimate): £26.2bn
10-11 (forecast): £27.3bn
Source: The Office of Budget Responsibility

Combining this with population data, the fuel duty collections PER CAPITA are as follows:

2010/11 (forecast): £442
2009/10 (estimated): £427
2008/09 (actual): £404

For every man, woman and child in the UK, the Government expect to collect £442 per person in fuel duty in 2010/11. These figures exclude the amount that will be collected from fuel sales in the form of VAT. That explains why we feel BURDENED!

Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:07 am

I remember the last time we had fuel protests which led to petrol shortages. I queued for three hours at my local texaco garage and I only wanted a mars bar and a paper :lol:

Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:40 pm

Absolute shower of shit running the country, bunch of useless toffs who have'nt got a clue.

Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:40 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:They're all the same, just different colours

agreed :ayatollah:

Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:00 pm

Apparently the price of fuel has contributed to the demise of this Welsh company.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-sout ... s-12137490

Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:12 pm

Its seems funny to me that although everything is going up the inflation figures are not,probably because they don't want to put up interest rates.They can lie and cheat for a bit longer before the shit hits the fan and we will all be facing REAL interest rates which will f**k us all up, 10 % mortgages anyone?