Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

paul jewel

Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:34 am

could be off to ipswich.

Re: paul jewel

Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:50 am

I can't see Roy Keane getting back into football now but why do some chairmen think that just because a person was a great player he will automatically make a good manager, no matter how many times he has failed previously?

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:12 pm

good point,look at tony adams. :oops:

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:20 pm

hirwaunbluebird wrote:good point,look at tony adams. :oops:

Bryan Robson was the one I was thinking of, but also Glenn Hoddle, Bobby Charlton, Diego Maradona and Bobby Moore could also go on that list, of which I'm sure there are others

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:25 pm

would you class peter ried with them and lets not forget allan ball.

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:27 pm

hirwaunbluebird wrote:would you class peter ried with them and lets not forget allan ball.

Yeah, Peter Reid was a great player and crucial to Everton's title wins in the 80s. Crap manager now, too. And I forgot about Alan "Angel of Death" Ball

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:35 pm

paul ince

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:39 pm

its like those stupid geordies,and all that fuss over alan shearer.

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:42 pm

Strange that Alan Curbishley and paul Jewell are 2 of the most highly rated young(er) managers around and were highly sought after when they left their last jobs but haven't been taken on by anyone since. I wonder why? Surely their reason that they're waiting for the right job to come along can't be totally true

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:46 pm

add dave jones to the list too :o

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:49 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:I can't see Roy Keane getting back into football now but why do some chairmen think that just because a person was a great player he will automatically make a good manager, no matter how many times he has failed previously?

I dont think he needs to be, he is a multi millionaire. He would be great as a member of a coaching staff but his personality does not suit those of a leader.

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:53 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:add dave jones to the list too :o

Great player, though?

Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:54 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:I can't see Roy Keane getting back into football now but why do some chairmen think that just because a person was a great player he will automatically make a good manager, no matter how many times he has failed previously?

I dont think he needs to be, he is a multi millionaire. He would be great as a member of a coaching staff but his personality does not suit those of a leader.

No, people are too scared of him

Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:04 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
The Premier 1 wrote:add dave jones to the list too :o

Great player, though?

oh yeh scrub that :)