Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

So do we really want to win today?

Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:34 pm

Yeah, yeah, I know. We want to win EVERY game, always. But really, do we?

I'd be quite happy playing a weakened side, and losing by a goal or two. We need to be concentrating on the League. We haven't got a big enough squad to cope with 46 Championship games, so how can we expect to deal with cup games as well?

Re: So do we really want to win today?

Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:45 pm

Don't give two shits about the result.

If we're out of the F.A Cup, we can focus on the league and winning it. I see no problem with that.

Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:49 pm

SteW wrote:Yeah, yeah, I know. We want to win EVERY game, always. But really, do we?

I'd be quite happy playing a weakened side, and losing by a goal or two. We need to be concentrating on the League. We haven't got a big enough squad to cope with 46 Championship games, so how can we expect to deal with cup games as well?

I would like to see us get a draw at least but if we lose it's not the end of the world. Just lets have a good performance again that would a good sign we are getting over our poor run. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:51 pm

I don't mind losing this one...I definitely wont be losing any sleep over it if we do.

BUT if we do lose then I hope it's not a hammering as it could dent our confidence after the Leeds win.

Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:03 pm

SteW wrote:Yeah, yeah, I know. We want to win EVERY game, always. But really, do we?

Success breeds success - the road to failure is littered with clubs who "prioritised" games and ended up with nothing.

Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:24 pm

Would be nice to win but Im not worry too much, I guess it would lift out players even more but I just hope the cost wont be too high.
Would be better to push 100% for the prem, then worry about the FA cup when we get to the prem. But of course I want to see Cardiff win every game they play. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: