Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

It's Nearly all over for me - Franchise Cardiff FC

Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:14 pm

I know I'm going to get a right slagging off from the Die Hard City supporters for writing this but that's no doubt what comes from writing on messageboards your feelings.

Although it's not a slant or slag off of the Club , it's just me waking up to my feelings that have been building up for a long time, of course this is written by someone who's real number one Club resides elsewhere and so the sentiment is slightly different to many on this board.

But f**k it anyway because rightly or wrongly its my belief.

When i started to follow Cardiff City firstly back in the 80's and then right through the 90's it was a tremendous time, i met real fantastic people, the away games were class, the home games were class, alright the football in level wise was pretty poor compared to todays standards but the whole experience of going to City was first rate.

It was like following a REAL football Club.

After that even the Sam years were quality it felt like a real football club, yes he was f*cking raving bonkers and by god were there some rucks but the whole experience was quality during the good and bad times of that reign. ( oh and this aint a pro sam post by the way!)

Without writing out all the details the whole experience was to put it in football speak " f*cking brilliant" meeting great people who will always remain good pals and in that I include one real top f*cking geezer Steve Borley. Blokes a diamond . I say that cause i dont want him getting dragged into the rest of what im going to say.

Ive realised now that with all the changes that have taken place over the last few years- that fire has gone out for me to be honest. The Clubs attitude stinks , they think they are bigger and better than what they are internally, in fact you could go as far as saying they got their heads stuck right up their own arses. If people thought it through thats probably why people call for Sam to return as they know that would still some community football spirit back!

In fact all the club does these days is shit on you and want to fleece you of your dough at the same time. Internally they have become to be straight a bunch of arrogant bigheaded bunch of tossers. Stick a puffa jacket on a jobsworth and he thinks he owns the club !

Anyway now in my eyes its turning to change even more and it agrees with me like a 6 day old chicken madras. its turning in to Malaysian Franchise FC and will only get worse,

To be honest they make my skin crawl, ive seen through them , like i have others - you cant doubt i have a knack of that! but they are false plastics of the highest degree and whilst they swan around acting bigshot weve got f*cking fans waving malaysian flags FFS.

We even got a daddys rich boy silver spoon lad playing YTS as a Director and writing to fans for fucks sake what's all that about? yes they may have saved the day but they didn't do it for the bullshit of the love of the club thats for f*cking sure - its a malaysian franchise that will make em money off the back of the football club, all this bollocks about loving the club, writing to fans on messageboards and soaking up hero worship as they swank around wants to make me puke.

Do you see American flags at old trafford/Villa? do you see Russian flags at those wankers in Chelsea? do you see whatever flag at Fulham, nah course you f*cking dont.

So why here?

You go down the ground matchday these days and its like a bleeding tourist trip around London, soon we will have tour guides no doubt holding brollies in the air leading the way!!

They break every club rule that is set, trainers where they should not be, jeans in the boardroom- stand up during games, like the lord and his manor .

Its changes so much now from when i enjoyed it and to be honest that change i dont like at all and can only see it getting worse as franchise FC continues to grow.

The flame is nearly out for me thats for sure, everyone to their own i guess, may be its just me getting old and remembering the good old days before the newbie fans , the lego stadium, and all the other current attitude bollocks that goes on when you visit Cardiff City.

Re: It's Nearly all over for me - Franchise Cardiff FC

Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:20 pm

Steve - This is the new football! name me one club where this is isn't happening, in this country mind?
We need to instill the passion at the CCS, away will always be the passionate.
:ayatollah:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:20 pm

It's just you getting old and bitter. It happens to men after they reach 50 FACT :lol:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:24 pm

dougblue wrote:Steve - This is the new football! name me one club where this is isn't happening, in this country mind?
We need to instill the passion at the CCS, away will always be the passionate.

Well new football aint for me if thats the case mate, f**k new football, if new football is this then f**k it. At Cardiff new football is at its worst too.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:25 pm

Plenty of American flags at Liverpool not that long ago Steve. Not that it did them much good.

There were a few Lebanese one's here not that long ago.

Thing is to progress the club needs big backing. Very few in this area have it - and out of that they nearly all follow the egg. So we are reliant on outsiders to help us. FWIW they are doing a decent job and puttingtheir money where their words are, so I'm happy at the mo. But then I was never as close to the workings of the club as you were, so its no different to me.

By the way...the irony of this is that the one Welshman (supposed CCFC fan) who COULD have done something, walked away when he had a better opportunity to make a few bob - to guess where.. West Ham - your club.

Any Welsh flags at the Hammers then ? :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:28 pm

What a great heartfelt post, being for the same era as you steve, coz its fans like you we need . :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:29 pm

I've been supporting City since my old man first took me in 1958, still has the same buzz for me, takes all sorts I suppose. :(

Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:36 pm

I know where you're coming from Steve, our fan base has double over recent years so the "type of fan" has somewhat been diluted. Over time I'm sure it will get better as the new fans find their feet and passions will again increase. However, there's no doubt that the Malayians saved our club from going out of existence and for that we should always be grateful.

For me though, its not a choice. Good, bad, big, small, Premiership or Conference..... Cardiff City will always be my club and I'll always be there :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:37 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Plenty of American flags at Liverpool not that long ago Steve. Not that it did them much good.

There were a few Lebanese one's here not that long ago. Its not really about the flags though is it really tim- its the whole thing

Thing is to progress the club needs big backing. Very few in this area have it - and out of that they nearly all follow the egg. So we are reliant on outsiders to help us. For their own agendas thats all mate, i prefered proper progession not this plastic shit- as i say it aint for me FWIW they are doing a decent job and puttingtheir money where their words are, so I'm happy at the mo.Hope you enjoy Tim, for me i dont its as simple as that. But then I was never as close to the workings of the club as you were, so its no different to me. Never had any close workings mate so dont know what you are f*cking talking about there, as close as you and every other thats all.

By the way...the irony of this is that the one Welshman (supposed CCFC fan) who COULD have done something, walked away when he had a better opportunity to make a few bob - to guess where.. West Ham - your club. David Gold is the Guv mate, Clive Sullivan was the City fan, you would have had it too if Kumar and Bungalow Bob had not turned greedy

No. and there would not have either if Tony Fernades had bought the Club any Malaysian flags

Tim you continue to enjoy mate- good luck to you- for me im just being honest and saying i dont anymore - simple as for me its changed and changed for the worse and will do even further.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:44 pm

pcs1963 wrote:It's just you getting old and bitter. It happens to men after they reach 50 FACT :lol:

Cheeky cnut! :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:48 pm

I have never know anyone to need a hug so much... Mate i feel for you for loosing what you once had, but the way of the world is changing, and so is football along with it. I do agree with some stuff you said, but believe that if you love ccfc that much that u must be able to find some way of getting your passion back. No one wants to loose a decent loyal fan, so get a grip and go buy a Malaysian flag!!!

Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:51 pm

Corr!! That's bitter in the extreme, Steve....but I accept it's YOUR opinion :ayatollah:

My mate's looking for a cheap season ticket, given that you'll not be using yours anymore....and he said he'll give you a 'tenner' which HAS to be well above the market value in YOUR mind at the moment :lol:

Bit of a double whammy for you really, what with you being a frustrated 'Hammer' at heart....and they're not likely to play us again next season either the way it's going (what with THEM coming down and US going up!! :lol: )

MUST be a frustrating time.... :roll:

I sincerely hope (despite the banter) that you change your mind and opinion on what is written above, as Cardiff City Football Club is STILL amongst the BEST in the country for both it's spirit AND its SUPPORT....as you know well deep down!! ;)

They PROVED that at Stoke on Saturday.... :ayatollah:

Come on....cheer up. Things ARE looking a bit rosier!! :D

:ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol:
:lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:54 pm

i feel resentment for you saying what you did,but i got to put hand on my heart and tell you are telling the truth,how it really is,its never been the same for me when we moved to CCS,im not on about atmosphere i mean all of it,its been taken away from the supporter,i am really,really sad to say i almost agree with what you said,and this is a place to say how you feel and like it or not we all must respect that :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:55 pm

did you complain about the Lebanon flag when Sam was incharge? nothing wrong with showing your support for the board as well as the team IMO

Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:56 pm

It's sad that anyone's come to feel like this. My passion for the City has a long way to go yet and they're still ruining my life week in, week out :lol:

I'll tell you why I think the Malaysian flags are in prevalence down the City - many of us see the current lot as effective saviours of the club. We were going into admin, maybe even liquidation, without them because of the Riddler's actions and so it's just a brief, visual token of our appreciation I think.

I've said it before and I say it again, each to their own :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:58 pm

Western Blue wrote:I have never know anyone to need a hug so much... Mate i feel for you for loosing what you once had, but the way of the world is changing, and so is football along with it. I do agree with some stuff you said, but believe that if you love ccfc that much that u must be able to find some way of getting your passion back. No one wants to loose a decent loyal fan, so get a grip and go buy a Malaysian flag!!!

im off to Denmark now so i'll look for a hug there :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll still go as i enjoy watching a game of football but it aint the same anymore for me, just being honest.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:00 pm

Daya wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:Plenty of American flags at Liverpool not that long ago Steve. Not that it did them much good.

There were a few Lebanese one's here not that long ago. Its not really about the flags though is it really tim- its the whole thing

Thing is to progress the club needs big backing. Very few in this area have it - and out of that they nearly all follow the egg. So we are reliant on outsiders to help us. For their own agendas thats all mate, i prefered proper progession not this plastic shit- as i say it aint for me FWIW they are doing a decent job and puttingtheir money where their words are, so I'm happy at the mo.Hope you enjoy Tim, for me i dont its as simple as that. But then I was never as close to the workings of the club as you were, so its no different to me. Never had any close workings mate so dont know what you are f*cking talking about there, as close as you and every other thats all.

By the way...the irony of this is that the one Welshman (supposed CCFC fan) who COULD have done something, walked away when he had a better opportunity to make a few bob - to guess where.. West Ham - your club. David Gold is the Guv mate, Clive Sullivan was the City fan, you would have had it too if Kumar and Bungalow Bob had not turned greedy

No. and there would not have either if Tony Fernades had bought the Club any Malaysian flags

Tim you continue to enjoy mate- good luck to you- for me im just being honest and saying i dont anymore - simple as for me its changed and changed for the worse and will do even further.

I will. Its changed for me too, my kids have season tickets and love it. I miss the atmosphere of the old ground, but things change.

As for the bit about being close to the club, I wasnt having a pop, but you have often posted on things on here and elswhere about your friendship with directors and senior people, texts to Sam and Ridsdale etc.., sponsoring the club back in the dark days and even said recently that you wouldnt want to get close to the club again, so I don't think I have been as close as you.

As for Sullivan, it was David I was on about. He went on TV and said how he was a city fan as a kid and wanted to take us up (on sone 'through the keyhole' program), then a few years later he's a die-hard Hammer.

Gold is cetainly sincere in his love of the club, but IMHO Sullivan is an opportunist, full of shit.

He had plenty of chances to come in here if he'd really cared, but missed the opportunity to make money on it, which is what really matters to him, Sam, Ridsdale, the Malaysians, Randy lerner, Glaziers, Mandaric, Bates, .............the vast majority of those in football.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:01 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:Corr!! That's bitter in the extreme, Steve....but I accept it's YOUR opinion :ayatollah:

My mate's looking for a cheap season ticket, given that you'll not be using yours anymore....and he said he'll give you a 'tenner' which HAS to be well above the market value in YOUR mind at the moment :lol:

Bit of a double whammy for you really, what with you being a frustrated 'Hammer' at heart....and they're not likely to play us again next season either the way it's going (what with THEM coming down and US going up!! :lol: )

MUST be a frustrating time.... :roll:

I sincerely hope (despite the banter) that you change your mind and opinion on what is written above, as Cardiff City Football Club is STILL amongst the BEST in the country for both it's spirit AND its SUPPORT....as you know well deep down!! ;)

They PROVED that at Stoke on Saturday.... :ayatollah:

Come on....cheer up. Things ARE looking a bit rosier!! :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tenner :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll keep my 4 seats in the vein hope of watching premiership football :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol:
:lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:04 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Daya wrote:

I will. Its changed for me too, my kids have season tickets and love it. I miss the atmosphere of the old ground, but things change.

As for the bit about being close to the club, I wasnt having a pop, but you have often posted on things on here and elswhere about your friendship with directors and senior people, texts to Sam and Ridsdale etc.., sponsoring the club back in the dark days and even said recently that you wouldnt want to get close to the club again, so I don't think I have been as close as you.

As for Sullivan, it was David I was on about. He went on TV and said how he was a city fan as a kid and wanted to take us up (on sone 'through the keyhole' program), then a few years later he's a die-hard Hammer.

Gold is cetainly sincere in his love of the club, but IMHO Sullivan is an opportunist, full of shit.

He had plenty of chances to come in here if he'd really cared, but missed the opportunity to make money on it, which is what really matters to him, Sam, Ridsdale, the Malaysians, Randy lerner, Glaziers, Mandaric, Bates, .............the vast majority of those in football.

My daughters love it to be fair, my son facking hates them, causes a right old banter in the house!

If you run your thoughts on some poxy tv show tim looking through keyholes - god help you mate! :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:06 pm

The money they're injecting into the club, along with their business approach, is benefiting the club and is helping us push towards the Premiership.

I welcome them until the time where they are no longer a benefit to us, only a hinderance. :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:07 pm

Dafydd wrote:The money they're injecting into the club, along with their business approach, is benefiting the club and is helping us push towards the Premiership.

I welcome them until the time where they are no longer a benefit to us, only a hinderance. :ayatollah:

Shut up Newbie - you know no f*cking different :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: thats a joke by the way before you get your Calvin kliens in a knot!

Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:08 pm

Daya wrote:
Dafydd wrote:The money they're injecting into the club, along with their business approach, is benefiting the club and is helping us push towards the Premiership.

Shut up Newbie - you know no f*cking different :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: thats a joke by the way before you get your Calvin kliens in a knot!

:lol: f**k off back under your rock Daya ;)

Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:09 pm

Mike Young in...... nothing against mike but whats the idea of sending staff to watch la bloody galaxy!!

be popcorn and bbq's next with rival fans, :o :o :o :o :o :o

Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:26 pm

I respect you opinion, and absolutely support your right to express it.

On the same hand I hope you respect my right to express that in my opinion that your opening post was some of the biggest load of utter bolllocks I've read on either message board, and trust me that's saying something!

Yeah, I was there in the 80's, but I was also there in the 70's (i.e before you) so in my eyes that makes YOU a "new fan". Which of course is also a load of bollocks. In my book there is only one type of City fan, you either are one or your'e not, I don't give a shit when your first game was, how many years, how many games, how load you sing blah blah blah, a City fan is a City fan, end of.

I can kinda understand your point of view about the stadium and the "franchise" element, but as supporters we support our City, we support the badge it shouldn't really matter who owns the "business", yes the 80's were fun, but God the football was dire, myself, I want to see City playing at the highest level possible, it's called ambition, and you as a businessman will surely understand that when a small business turns into a large professionally run one, then there will be some inevitable changes.

While praising the "Sam Years" do you really not see the irony n your comment "all this bollocks about loving the club, writing to fans on messageboards and soaking up hero worship as they swank around wants to make me puke" ??????

Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:40 pm

TH63 wrote:I respect you opinion, and absolutely support your right to express it.

On the same hand I hope you respect my right to express that in my opinion that your opening post was some of the biggest load of utter bolllocks I've read on either message board, and trust me that's saying something! Charming

Yeah, I was there in the 80's, but I was also there in the 70's (i.e before you) so in my eyes that makes YOU a "new fan". Which of course is also a load of bollocks. In my book there is only one type of City fan, you either are one or your'e not, I don't give a shit when your first game was, how many years, how many games, how load you sing blah blah blah, a City fan is a City fan, end of. maybe i should have called it the new generation of fan since success on the pitch

I can kinda understand your point of view about the stadium and the "franchise" element, but as supporters we support our City, we support the badge it shouldn't really matter who owns the "business", yes the 80's were fun, but God the football was dire, myself, I want to see City playing at the highest level possible, it's called ambition, Difference probably here you were born into the badge, i admit honestly i wasnt so no doubt dont have the same view as you and you as a businessman will surely understand that when a small business turns into a large professionally run one, then there will be some inevitable changes. in my view though the so called proffesional changes are in many ways the wrong ones as well as those running the stablishment from the tea lady to the top think they are there before their time in attitude maybe when i have more time and not rushing to the Airport i will write a post on those thoughts

While praising the "Sam Years" do you really not see the irony n your comment "all this bollocks about loving the club, writing to fans on messageboards and soaking up hero worship as they swank around wants to make me puke" ??????
as i said its not a Sam thing at all- of course he did that but to be open and honest he did alight the passion and bring the progress and made it f*cking enjoyable in the main for all his faults.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:50 pm

It's endemic if modern life in my opinon.
Music, TV, society, football and society in general suffers from the watered down culture that has been forced up on us over the last decade.

I see the Americanisation of sport sneaking in over there and I don't like it.
I very rarely go to see sporting events here as when I do it just leaves me feeling empty.
The stadiums are all very impressive and the athletes have to be admired, but the whole experience is very sterile and I just don't get a buzz from attending.

Most clubs have the same generic set up nowadays from after goal music, all seater stadiums, and over the top enthusiastic announcements over the tannoys.

Even West Ham have Cheerleaders, and its just a matter of time before Pie & Mash with liquor is replaced by Salted Pretzels.
Not sure that we will ever see tailgating on Green St though.
I hope not anyway lol.

One thing I really miss is walking to a ground from the pub whereever that may be and feeling hostility in the air.
Expectation and trepidation going hand in hand.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:14 pm

you really are a moron.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:23 pm

DC , it's a horrible thing to have to admit but I you are probably bang on there mate and have hit the nail on the head.

Baker, when you get out of nappies give us a shout, you are f*cking typical of the newborn nerd what a little prick you are done, not yet out of nappies done f**k all with your life and call others a moron, experience some life away from your key board before you spout your shit!

Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:30 pm

Wash DC Blue wrote:It's endemic if modern life in my opinon.
Music, TV, society, football and society in general suffers from the watered down culture that has been forced up on us over the last decade.

I see the Americanisation of sport sneaking in over there and I don't like it.
I very rarely go to see sporting events here as when I do it just leaves me feeling empty.
The stadiums are all very impressive and the athletes have to be admired, but the whole experience is very sterile and I just don't get a buzz from attending.

Most clubs have the same generic set up nowadays from after goal music, all seater stadiums, and over the top enthusiastic announcements over the tannoys.

Even West Ham have Cheerleaders, and its just a matter of time before Pie & Mash with liquor is replaced by Salted Pretzels.
Not sure that we will ever see tailgating on Green St though.
I hope not anyway lol.

One thing I really miss is walking to a ground from the pub whereever that may be and feeling hostility in the air.
Expectation and trepidation going hand in hand.

You're right.

America has colonised our minds, stomachs and now our sports.

I had a dig at several posters on here for behaving like childish pricks as soon as the first mention of violence at Stoke was heard yesterday and I stand by my comments.

BUT...

I like my football to be loud, proud, passionate and edgy. No need for violence but equally the sterile sport that football has become is depressing.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:54 pm

Completely agree, Daya, though would add a few other things in personally. Before doing so, I would like to stress my comments are not aimed at the majority of fans on this board, on the contrary the majority on here are some of the very finest and give me a glimmer of hope. It is imperative you remember this as my spewings continue!

I've been a fan for around 12 years or so, having a season ticket every other on average, taking in most games for the others anyway and quite a few away games too. If I was not there in person, the delightful commentary team from Radio Wales was my friend wherever I was, even a friends wedding on one occassion! I would regard myself as a normal fan, not the biggest most sacrificial fan in the world by any means, but certainly no fair weather fan either. My last game was last season in February I think when we played at home to Peterborough if memory serves. Having seen Ridsdale rape and pillage the club for so long, the only thing that hurts more is that so many fans, the majority unfortunately, were ignorant enough or too stupid not to realise and did nothing. When a protest after the game failed to materialise, it was the final straw for me in my world of disillusionment so I cut my season ticket up and have not been to a game since and nor will I. I didn't even listen to the Blackpool game and if truth be told I felt there was justice in the scoreline as I don't see why a club, even if it is Cardiff City, should get away with effectively cheating by spending tens of millions of pounds they don't have while run well clubs suffer as a result. I despise clubs like Man City & Chelsea for doing so, my morales dictate to me that just because I support Cardiff City does not make the club's actions right when I abhor what others do. I'd liken it to a member of family commiting a crime, I will still love them, but do I want to see them punihsed for what I believe is wrong? Yes.

I also despair at the morale fibre of so many players, not just ours in truth, but the game in general, though seeing such a talented player like Bothroyd behaving like a spoilt child is frankly nauseating. There are plenty of others too, I just picked him out as the "finest" example and also because he's the most talented. To see players not performing is part and parcel of the game, to see them not putting in the necessary application is frankly unacceptable. I've seen far too many games where this has been the case.

To focus on what Daya was saying though, for me the club has completely lost it's sense of identity & uniqueness. We are now just another club. Another Middlesborough, Bolton, Reading, Leicester, call us what you will, there are so many clubs like us to choose from. The club and crucially its fans too believe we are better than what we are when in fact quite the opposite is true, there is nothing special or unique about Cardiff City anymore, we are just another club who has sold it's soul in the pursuit of winning at all costs.

Because of the clubs so called "successes" in being where we are, the club has naturally attracted many more fans and it has never been cooler or more popular to be a City fan. So be it, people are shallow when it comes to such things and support successful, wining entities above anything else, identity, morales and values do not come into it, something that is no better illustrated than by the Liverpool/ Man United obsession that has long gripped South Wales. If people believe the fans now supporting Cardiff City are any better than those, they are wrong. However, that is progress, it's what happens to all clubs and is just a minor bone of contention. It does, however, further dilute the identity of the club to have fans who are not really that bothered about CCFC and just there for the ride/ day out.

Bottom line for me is I feel the club has sold it's soul in the pursuit of success at all costs losing it's identity as a result, treating the fans like utter fools/ shit in the process, cheated it's way to where it is today with the clubs very existence at threat still as a result of such shambolic mismanagement by so many. Having been fucked over by so many, most recently and devastatingly by Sam & Peter Ridsdale/ PMG you would have thought some fans might realise that the Malaysians are here for one reason; to make money out of you & the club. Unfortunately, the most contributory factor to my disillusionmnet and apathy towards Cardiff City is the ignorance and stupidity of so many of our fans and I don't want to be associated with fans who I believe to be so. Ultimately I feel that many of our fans do not deserve a club to support at all and given the severity still of our problems, they may just get what they deserve, it's just so sad that there are so many fans out there who deserve so much more.