Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Average attendance for last 7 seasons and link to Atmoshere

Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:38 pm

I was just looking through some statistics on our average attendance for the last seven seasons and it just shows how much our club has grown and the new stadium has helped increased crowds and thought i would share the information.
Although crowds have virtually doubled since 2006 I think this is why we have lost the special atmosphere we had at Ninian Park with the hardcore regular fans able to congregate together. We have attracted around 10000 new regular fans who are all welcome and helping our club increase in size but have meant that the older die hard fans are being dispersed away from each other with these new fans.
We still create the 'Ninian Park atmosphere' away fom home
2010 to 2011 Average attendance = 23425
2009 to 2010 = 20717
2008 to 2009 = 18043
2007 to 2008 =13938
2006 to 2007 = 15223
2005 to 2006 = 11720
2004 to 2005 = 12976

What do you think ? :ayatollah:

Re: Average attendance for last 7 seasons and link to Atmoshere

Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:44 pm

We are becoming more of a family club now. Hence the increase in gates. lads who used to go to the games in groups of blokes now bring their kids, and often their wives. Overall this is a good thing, but it will affect the singing as most wont want to shout and swear (most of our songs have 'naughty' bits in them )in front of their kids.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:09 pm

Agree with everything said tbh
but its the phrase for me
we only sing when were winning :? :?
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:49 pm

Pinster25 wrote:Agree with everything said tbh
but its the phrase for me
we only sing when were winning :? :?
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sadly in the New Stadium thats Very very True :cry:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:48 pm

Lawnmower wrote:We are becoming more of a family club now. Hence the increase in gates. lads who used to go to the games in groups of blokes now bring their kids, and often their wives. Overall this is a good thing, but it will affect the singing as most wont want to shout and swear (most of our songs have 'naughty' bits in them )in front of their kids.

The wife was singing just as loud as me yesterday, and showing that women that do travel to away games do'nt just make the numbers up.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:44 pm

ninan park atmosphere is largely a myth. i clearly remeber the days when it was shit far outweighed the days it was rocking. away games are where it is at. fact!

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:01 pm

scunny-bluebird wrote:ninan park atmosphere is largely a myth. i clearly remeber the days when it was shit far outweighed the days it was rocking. away games are where it is at. fact!

I can remember average atmosphere in Ninian being far better than average atmosphere in our current stadium. The crowd were more active, even if not singing. People constantly on their asses in CCS causes us to have a library like stadium

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:18 pm

scunny-bluebird wrote:ninan park atmosphere is largely a myth. i clearly remeber the days when it was shit far outweighed the days it was rocking. away games are where it is at. fact!

there were times when the atmosphere at ninian was shit but it was far better than it is in our new ikea flat pack stadium
we could create a far better nose with less than 10000 there than we can now with 24000

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:33 pm

i believe that the atmosphere will improve in the coming seasons. everybody who wants to stand/sing are spread through out the ground. mostly in the canton end and the ninian by the away fans. over the next few seasons people will start moving about. think what the atmosphere could be if the pockets of singers grouped together in the canton and then grouped with the standers/ singers by the ninian.
look at the fa cup games when fans can move without season tickets dictating them. the leicester cup game being a great example.
:ayatollah:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:35 pm

i went to my first away match at stoke with my husband and could'nt wait to sing as in the family stand there is'nt much singing going on. It was fab and of course i did,nt sing the bad bit's but thought some of the song's very funny and laughed all match. Football was good too!! :ayatollah: :lol: