Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: WOODGATE LATEST

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:04 pm

brilliantbluebirds09 wrote::ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fowler scenario? No. Fowler was with us because he wasn't a top player any more.
Woodgate? A Top player at a top 6 club that needs game time because his manager wants him to come back strong and get into that TOP 6's FIRST TEAM! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Harry didn't put him in Spurs squad of 25 due to fitness concerns mate. :ayatollah:

davids wrote:Let's stay positive on this one lads.

After all wasn't Burke meant to be injury prone before he joined us and he's done okay.

What I'd like to know is whether he's fit enough to go straight into the first team.

Not much point signing him if like Koumas and Riggott ir's going to take months before he's ready for the first team.

Is he match fit? We need him now not in 2 months time.

i am sure i read a statement from harry saying he needs a bit more time before playing competitively!!!

Jonathan Woodgate is a no no and it will never happen.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:05 pm

that would be hell of coup if we could pull that off.....hopefully we will have clause in the contract that we can send him back if he gets injured :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:05 pm

brewer918 wrote:
davids wrote:Let's stay positive on this one lads.

After all wasn't Burke meant to be injury prone before he joined us and he's done okay.

What I'd like to know is whether he's fit enough to go straight into the first team.

Not much point signing him if like Koumas and Riggott ir's going to take months before he's ready for the first team.

Is he match fit? We need him now not in 2 months time.

i am sure i read a statement from harry saying he needs a bit more time before playing competitively!!!

spot on.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:07 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: Welcome news at last :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:07 pm

CardiffCityFan1996 wrote:Jonathan Woodgate is a no no and it will never happen.

thanks for enlightment

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:08 pm

quadsas wrote:
CardiffCityFan1996 wrote:Jonathan Woodgate is a no no and it will never happen.

thanks for enlightment

No problem.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:09 pm

I heard hes got gold plated crutches :lol:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:12 pm

This could be a really good signing just hope if he does sign he not just sat on the bench with injuries :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Sorry to upset you All, But I feel we cant afford to have another unfit/injury prone player, PLEASE DONT ATTACK ME :lol:

could be worse they could kiss you

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:16 pm

sack wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Sorry to upset you All, But I feel we cant afford to have another unfit/injury prone player, PLEASE DONT ATTACK ME :lol:

could be worse they could kiss you

:lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:16 pm

I'll believe it when he signs! Just can't see it happening and if there's not a clause in there allowing us to send him back if he has a bad injury then I don't want to know.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:18 pm

I don't see this one happening, we may be in the queue for his signiture but its a long queue and we must be towards the back.

He won't leave London imo.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:19 pm

Thats a fair shout Annis, he's class, but not reliable. If we get him we'll need to bring another centre half in as well, maybe a young up and coming player from the lower leagues who can learn from Woodgate and Riggott.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:20 pm

Bluebird99 wrote:I'll believe it when he signs! Just can't see it happening and if there's not a clause in there allowing us to send him back if he has a bad injury then I don't want to know.

Did you honestly think Bellamy would sign for us before he did? I didn't! :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:21 pm

If we are prepared to pay the highest wages in the division I would say hes more likely to come to us than any other championship club!!!!!!!!!!!Wasnt it him and smith kicked shit out of that guy in an alleyway all them years ago????ALLEGEDLY :o

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:21 pm

chris_1927 wrote:Would be an excellent signing as long as he is match fit

that's a big if. He hasn't played for Spurs for 14 months. Even if he does come it will take him some time to get up to speed. Have we got that time to give him because we need to put the hammer down now and go on a good run if we have any ambition of winning this league.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:22 pm

Bowmonster wrote:
brilliantbluebirds09 wrote::ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fowler scenario? No. Fowler was with us because he wasn't a top player any more.
Woodgate? A Top player at a top 6 club that needs game time because his manager wants him to come back strong and get into that TOP 6's FIRST TEAM! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Harry didn't put him in Spurs squad of 25 due to fitness concerns mate. :ayatollah:

Yeah, half the season gone and he's only now back to fitness and Harry wants him to go on loan for the rest of the season :ayatollah:

So when he goes back, he will stand a chance of getting in their team and the 25 man squad :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:22 pm

Sky are reporting he will probably go to QPR or dity smelly losers Leeds?

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:23 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

Thats a fair shout Annis, he's class, but not reliable. If we get him we'll need to bring another centre half in as well, maybe a young up and coming player from the lower leagues who can learn from Woodgate and Riggott.

Couldn't agree more Tim! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Maybe Gethin Jenkins has already thought of this :? :? :?

:ayatollah:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:27 pm

piroteczz wrote:If we are prepared to pay the highest wages in the division I would say hes more likely to come to us than any other championship club!!!!!!!!!!!Wasnt it him and smith kicked shit out of that guy in an alleyway all them years ago????ALLEGEDLY :o

Bowyer not Smith Allegedly :evil:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:29 pm

if he gets injured though cant we just.... send him back ?

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:40 pm

If he can stay fit think he can only be a benefit to the defence as long as we havent got to wait weeks for him to gain fitness first same as the likes of koumas and riggott.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:43 pm

Come on,Annis.
We`re not all like Bellamy. :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:44 pm

I'm sure him and Bellamy are top mates, probably spent most of their time at Newcastle on physio tables next to eachother. Personally, it feels like we're wasting too much time chasing impossible targets like Woodgate and Routledge when we should be trying to nail the more realistic players like Shittu or Winston
reid

When did Woodgate last Play a full game????

We need fit players who can play the next 20+ games not ones that play every other week!!!!

haven't we had all are loans? or due to drinkwater being udner 21 we can have another one over 21

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:45 pm

abf9 wrote:

Come on,Annis.
We`re not all like Bellamy. :lol: :ayatollah:

:lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:47 pm

Waste of time. Bet he doesn't play 5 games for us or 2 games in a week.

Need fitter players we can rely on.