Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: WOODGATE LATEST

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:49 pm

Woodgate is class.

Let's just hope is physical is a rigourous one.

Like Riggott's. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 988123.stm

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:53 pm

No wonder you can never get a spot in the disabled car park the players have taken them all up. :old:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Sorry to upset you All, But I feel we cant afford to have another unfit/injury prone player, PLEASE DONT ATTACK ME :lol:

I agree, maybe he will take it in turns with Bellamy to play. I would rather us sign someone that will be part of the future at Cardiff than just another loan.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:55 pm

I think we need both Shittu and Woodgate really.
Last edited by bluebird58 on Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:56 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:Sky are reporting he will probably go to QPR or dity smelly losers Leeds?

They are saying QPR because it's London and Leeds because he played there before. Others are also saying Middlesboro as he played there and was born there. It has signs of Bellamy all over, no one took us serious as an option.

Qpr could be an option but I think hed feel the pressure going back places where he is a bit of a hero.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:56 pm

Excellent player but a very risky signing.

Expensive and injury prone.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:00 pm

come on woodgate sign up :old:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:02 pm

carlccfc wrote:I am told Jonathan Woodgate, through his friendship with Craig Bellamy, is close to signing for City.

There have been talks and it is now down to how the wages are to be paid, percentages etc.

Not quite a done deal but we are close.

Shhhh DJ may be watching :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:04 pm

robertsm wrote:When did Woodgate last Play a full game????

We need fit players who can play the next 20+ games not ones that play every other week!!!!

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:07 pm

Another very risky injury prone player all the hallmarks of a Jones signing. How many times has Jones got to make the same mistakes.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:09 pm

How are there no centre halfs out there Its been 10 days & we havent brought anyone in, If we get Woodgate we definitely need another centre half as well. I know his injury record but hopefully he can stay fit.

We have signed Parkin but we need 1st team choices in defence at centre half and maybe another left back.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:28 pm

be a good signing if fit but cant see him coming here and as said in other posts we dont need anymore injury prone players, we need players who want to come here, play hard and battle for every ball, play to win every game and who aint only here for the odd game to get themselves fitter for a return to their main club....... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:38 pm

Dont get me wrong, Woodgate would easily be the best centre half in this division IF FIT.

Problem is he is notorious for his terrible injury record. Can we really risk taking a punt on an injury prone defender at this stage of the season. The 2nd half is always most important.

We have already dropped a bollock with Riggott. A class above but made of glass. We can ill afford to do this again.

Curtis Davies would be a SAFER bet and, whilst not as good as Woodgate, is still too good for this division.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:44 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Sorry to upset you All, But I feel we cant afford to have another unfit/injury prone player, PLEASE DONT ATTACK ME :lol:

Me too :old:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:56 pm

Surely, this is a no-brainer...his manager has stated he wants to loan him out to get game time and match fitness, and some on here agree he will be a good signing if hes match fit??????? COME ON PEOPLE PLEASE.....

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:59 pm

Bowmonster wrote:

Totally agree Annis, Another Fowler scenario me thinks :cry:

I can certainly understand those concerns but in my opinion, this is a risk worth taking.

Riggott was a risk but worth it because he is a good player, Woodgate is worth it because he is a great player. If he can stay fit (a big if I know) then he is as good as any centre back in Britain, and I include Ferdinand, Terry, etc. He is a Rolls Royce of a player.

Am I right in thinking that as this isn't a season long loan we can send him back if he gets injured :?: If so the risk is even less.

In the last two games McNaughton and Hudson have been excellent so we have a back-up pairing and then we have Blake and Gypes to call on if we get desperate through injuries/suspensions.

Bellamy has a chronic injury but most of us would believe that he was worth the risk, I think Woodgate could be even more important to us if he could give us 10-15 games in the run in.

The eternal optimist in me would point to the prospect of a centre back possible partnership of Riggott and Woodgate for that important March/April/May time :shock: :ayatollah: Not many would bet against us getting an auto spot if that could happen 8-) :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:04 pm

Bupa will be full if we keep signing these crocks.lol

Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:24 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnabsaqxbdU

Hansen sums it up - great player IF HE CAN STAY FIT!

Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:24 pm

ihatealiens wrote:
chris_1927 wrote:Would be an excellent signing as long as he is match fit

that's a big if. He hasn't played for Spurs for 14 months. Even if he does come it will take him some time to get up to speed. Have we got that time to give him because we need to put the hammer down now and go on a good run if we have any ambition of winning this league.

If he's fit he'll do a good job for us IMO regardless of the fact he hasnt played for 14 months .

Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:31 pm

Attack, attack, attack!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only joking, Annis....

You DO have a point, BUT has anyone considered that we are likely getting a top internationalat a bargain wage, as I'm sure (please correct me if I'm wrong ;) ) that it suits Tottenham as much as it does Cardiff in a twisted but similar way to Craig Bellamy....Spurs want him out to PLAY games but don't want him at a Premiership rival

I hope he comes and I hope even more that he is a success and helps drive us towards the Premiership....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:46 pm

For me it is a no brainer!

Just think about it, Harry Redknap still thinks he is worth a "permanent" punt in a top 5 team even with his history of injuries. If he is good enough for Spurs then he might just be worth the risk for us?

Lap it up boys and sign him now :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:47 pm

he could walk into most prem teams its a risk we HAVE to make :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:52 pm

If he does sign, will he be the first City player to wear a headband?

Can anyone think of any other tart....I mean players who wore a headband?

Did Paul Wimbleton? I don't think so but perhaps someone can tell me if we've ever had such a player.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:57 pm

why o why do we go for injury prone players :twisted:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:00 pm

f Woodgate is fit and his wages are sensible for the Club then he should be a more than decent asset, also i would be impressed if he does come to City as i remember Woodgate stating along with Rio Ferdinand that playing against Cardiff at Ninian had a worse phsycalogical effect on Them than Their nightmare in Turkey and free fell from top of the Prem to Disaster, Bellers should tell Woodgate he'l be fine if he does the job down here, it's as pleasant as Torquay down here now?? Why Torquay you may ask, well until our recent game with Norwich at the CCS Torquay had been the only place id ever been to aked to sit down and stop shouting by a snooty cow that was uglier than cake eater 20 years ago :shock:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:15 pm

davids wrote:If he does sign, will he be the first City player to wear a headband?

Did Paul Wimbleton? I don't think so but perhaps someone can tell me if we've ever had such a player.

Uhhhh yess Paul Quinn yesterday :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:21 pm

why dont we try sign darren anderton try get him fit seriously i mean big wages for another injury prone has been what is it with dj and injury prone players,he be joining riggot after 45mins i bet :oops:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:27 pm

Could sign 'Jake the Peg' from the rolf harris song too

Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:31 pm

IT WILL BE "roy of the rovers next" who been around forever :lol: clubs getting beyond a joke signing crocked players last yr or 2

Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:34 pm

davids wrote:If he does sign, will he be the first City player to wear a headband?

Andrea Ferretti