Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: WOODGATE LATEST

Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:04 am

cheeers carl :ayatollah:
havn't read any comments at all.

im to tired :lol:

but lets just say i wont be going to bed with a hard on.... hes played about 5 games in 20 years. unless a miracle occurs it will be a case of a few weeks to get fit, then 1 game in 1 game out etc. would rather a fit centre back :lol:

but hey if he signs and is fully fit for the rest of the season we'll be laughing. but if his past is anything to go by then he wont be. :cry:

Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:26 am

Of course this would be a risk but if he was fully fit we would have no chance, when at his best he is IMO one of the best CBs in world football. Even running ST 50% he would be by far the best in the champ.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:32 am

2blue2handle wrote:Of course this would be a risk but if he was fully fit we would have no chance, when at his best he is IMO one of the best CBs in world football. Even running ST 50% he would be by far the best in the champ.

Who said that about Bellamy as well ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:05 am

bluebirds23 wrote:carl i could kiss you :oops: :oops:

Back of the line kid :lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT: Because i know you'll read this, Milly too

Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:06 am

typenamehere wrote:

:o
what have i done now :oops:

Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:07 am

milly44 wrote:
typenamehere wrote:

:o
what have i done now :oops:

The question is milly, what haven't you done yet? :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:09 am

dont make me press the edit button ;) :lol:

Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:20 am

piledriver64 wrote:
Bowmonster wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Sorry to upset you All, But I feel we cant afford to have another unfit/injury prone player, PLEASE DONT ATTACK ME :lol:

Totally agree Annis, Another Fowler scenario me thinks :cry:

I can certainly understand those concerns but in my opinion, this is a risk worth taking.

Riggott was a risk but worth it because he is a good player, Woodgate is worth it because he is a great player. If he can stay fit (a big if I know) then he is as good as any centre back in Britain, and I include Ferdinand, Terry, etc. He is a Rolls Royce of a player.

Am I right in thinking that as this isn't a season long loan we can send him back if he gets injured :?: If so the risk is even less.

In the last two games McNaughton and Hudson have been excellent so we have a back-up pairing and then we have Blake and Gypes to call on if we get desperate through injuries/suspensions.

Bellamy has a chronic injury but most of us would believe that he was worth the risk, I think Woodgate could be even more important to us if he could give us 10-15 games in the run in.

The eternal optimist in me would point to the prospect of a centre back possible partnership of Riggott and Woodgate for that important March/April/May time :shock: :ayatollah: Not many would bet against us getting an auto spot if that could happen 8-) :ayatollah:

If we get him it will be for a maximum if 3 months (93 days to be precise) so if he was to come in this week his ,oan would end in mid April

We can't get him on a season long loan because we have our full quota of loan player over 23. UNless we convert one of our season long loans into a permanent transfer during January in which case we can then have another half season loan.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:22 am

He will get sent off first game lol

Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:30 am

piledriver64 wrote:
Bowmonster wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Sorry to upset you All, But I feel we cant afford to have another unfit/injury prone player, PLEASE DONT ATTACK ME :lol:

Totally agree Annis, Another Fowler scenario me thinks :cry:

I can certainly understand those concerns but in my opinion, this is a risk worth taking.

Riggott was a risk but worth it because he is a good player, Woodgate is worth it because he is a great player. If he can stay fit (a big if I know) then he is as good as any centre back in Britain, and I include Ferdinand, Terry, etc. He is a Rolls Royce of a player.

Am I right in thinking that as this isn't a season long loan we can send him back if he gets injured :?: If so the risk is even less.

In the last two games McNaughton and Hudson have been excellent so we have a back-up pairing and then we have Blake and Gypes to call on if we get desperate through injuries/suspensions.

Bellamy has a chronic injury but most of us would believe that he was worth the risk, I think Woodgate could be even more important to us if he could give us 10-15 games in the run in.

The eternal optimist in me would point to the prospect of a centre back possible partnership of Riggott and Woodgate for that important March/April/May time :shock: :ayatollah: Not many would bet against us getting an auto spot if that could happen 8-) :ayatollah:

If we get him it will be for a maximum if 3 months (93 days to be precise) so if he was to come in this week his ,oan would end in mid April

We can't get him on a season long loan because we have our full quota of loan player over 23. UNless we convert one of our season long loans into a permanent transfer during January in which case we can then have another half season loan.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:42 am

I was talking to a good mate of mine earlier ( mad spurs supporter) he said its a done deal just to get him up to match fitness and then they can offload him in close season... he lives here ffs....not Woodgate...my mate...lol

Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:33 am

Woodgate & Riggott will be best mates by the end of this season, after all, they'll have plenty of time to talk to each other on the physio table!! :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:26 am

I have to agree with Annis on this one. The man's injury history is just to awful to take a chance on. A good player on his day but I cannot recall when he was able to play three games without falling injured.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:28 am

carlccfc wrote:

Let's get him in first :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: What do you mean Carl ? you will be up for it after we get him ? :lol: :lol:

Really good new that, not the kiss the chance of getting him. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:31 am

SORRY will not happen daniel levy wants woodgate to go to a premiership club with a view to selling him
very good source :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:05 am

:ayatollah:

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:06 am

beddau blue wrote:SORRY will not happen daniel levy wants woodgate to go to a premiership club with a view to selling him

Who is the source?

Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:34 pm

you get my vote annis,
why do we want croked players that others teams are trying to get rid off :shock:

Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:35 pm

ccfc1983 wrote:Woodgate & Riggott will be best mates by the end of this season, after all, they'll have plenty of time to talk to each other on the physio table!! :ayatollah:

riggott has been released if im not mistaken

Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:43 pm

close sounds good news

Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:54 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:
ccfc1983 wrote:Woodgate & Riggott will be best mates by the end of this season, after all, they'll have plenty of time to talk to each other on the physio table!! :ayatollah:

riggott has been released if im not mistaken

na riggot was training in gym today.

Havent we been here before?

Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:03 pm

Havent we been here before :-

So far weve had the Andy O'Brien - has signed - insider scoop - turned out to not true.
Then we had the Vaughan - correct me if I'm wrong but that was also not true, also from an inide source
Now we have the Woodgate insider scoop........
For starters - he seems to be injury prone - do we really want another Riggot ?
What we do want is someone who stays fit and who can also do a job for us. If you dont have that , then there's not much to shout about.

Still it's all good fun I suppose, plus the club know they can put out some mis information and they know full well that certain posters here - and on the other board - will blab it for all to listen and believe.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:09 pm

I personally don't feel we should be taking a risk on Woodgame when we could get Daniel Olusola "Danny" Shittu on a free transfer. Shittu has been in good form during his short spell at Millwall so is used to the championship, is fit and on a free.

Woodgate may draw attention but we have enough injury prone players, let's just get on with winning promotion instead of being a nursing home to the crippled high profile names.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:26 pm

Agree we should only entertain 100% fit players - Riggott & Koumas been disasters.

Any news on a left back?

Is Parkin the only striker aside from Vaughan - any news on him Carl?

Winger?

Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:29 pm

let's just get on with winning promotion instead of being a nursing home to the crippled high profile names.

great idea :ayatollah:

Havent we been here before?
by HarryParsnip ยป Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:03 pm

Havent we been here before :-

So far weve had the Andy O'Brien - has signed - insider scoop - turned out to not true.
Then we had the Vaughan - correct me if I'm wrong but that was also not true, also from an inide source
Now we have the Woodgate insider scoop........
For starters - he seems to be injury prone - do we really want another Riggot ?
What we do want is someone who stays fit and who can also do a job for us. If you dont have that , then there's not much to shout about.

Still it's all good fun I suppose, plus the club know they can put out some mis information and they know full well that certain posters here - and on the other board - will blab it for all to listen and believe.

Quite an appropriate name you have there HarryParsnipe

Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:49 pm

Blue_Lloyd wrote:
beddau blue wrote:SORRY will not happen daniel levy wants woodgate to go to a premiership club with a view to selling him

Who is the source?

Good question.

Everybody swallows all these rumours up without question these days - I want to know who all the sources are :|

Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:53 pm

I thought Woodgate went to that American expert surgeon Steadman?

Now that he has been back at tottenham he has been working on regaining fitness, Harry Redknapp says he's looking good after the recent operation, and that he wants him to get Game Time now that his fitness is almost back up to speed!

Anyway, personally I'd rather stay away from him although Steadman usually works miracles on injuries!

One thing's for sure - It would either be a LEGENDARY siging - or - a complete FAILURE! there wont be any inbetweens! Similar to that of the Riggott saga, Looked the business for 70 mins! and now hes fucked!

Shittu or Davies, or Wilson for me.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:16 pm

Merlin wrote:I thought Woodgate went to that American expert surgeon Steadman?

think he went to an ozzie in sydney.

If he'd a gone to steadman he'd probably have been golden by now.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:34 pm

not convinced about him unfit and injury prone in my opinion a recipe for disaster

Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:12 pm

carlccfc wrote:I am told Jonathan Woodgate, through his friendship with Craig Bellamy, is close to signing for City.

There have been talks and it is now down to how the wages are to be paid, percentages etc.

Not quite a done deal but we are close.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! COMEDY FUKING GOLD KEEP 'EM COMING SON!!