Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who Is A Silly Boy Then ?

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:26 pm

Dave Jones, I defend you as the manager to take this team to promotion all the time and even when others have swayed I have remained steadfast. Even after the recent let down at Watford I was among just 3 out of 51 on the supporters coach who wanted you to still remain in charge.

But what I cannot defend is your recent comments stating "I probably lost Andy O'Brien because the famous message boards and everything else alerted Leeds that we were talking to him, and we probably could have signed him on the day, but they stepped in and took him away from us. But we'll just keep looking."

Not being funny Dave but Andy O'Brien was quite honest about the whole situation in an interview he gave to the Yorkshire Post regarding him signing for Leeds permanently.

O'Brien said: "I tried to do things the right way and I didn't mess about behind anyone's back. I've been up front all the way through and when Cardiff came in with an offer, the first thing I did was ring Leeds and tell them exactly what the deal was.

"There was a bit of toing and froing and I said 'if you offer me what Cardiff have offered, then I'll sign'.

Don't think it was the ' Famous Message boards ' Dave, maybe just maybe, the deal was not quite right for him otherwise Andy may have signed on the day.

The irony is DJ thought that O'Brien was ' in the bag ' and he set a deal up with Palace for Gabor but O'Brien decides to stay at Leeds and Palace sack George Burley and the Gabor deal goes down the pan and he has not seen the bench since let alone the starting line up.

Re: Who Is A Silly Boy Then ?

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:30 pm

Reagrdless of what everyone thinks of him, he needs to stop coming out with statements like that because not only will it alienate a lot of our fans - it will make him look questionable when dealing with other potential transfers.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:31 pm

Spot on. ;) ;)

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:32 pm

You have never played football at a professional level, what do you know? :lol:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:32 pm

He lives in his own strange world.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:34 pm

carl we have all tried to tell you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:36 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:carl we have all tried to tell you :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:38 pm

The irony is DJ thought that O'Brien was ' in the bag ' and he set a deal up with Palace for Gabor but O'Brien decides to stay at Leeds and Palace sack George Burley and the Gabor deal goes down the pan and he has not seen the bench since let alone the starting line up.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:40 pm

carlccfc wrote:The irony is DJ thought that O'Brien was ' in the bag ' and he set a deal up with Palace for Gabor but O'Brien decides to stay at Leeds and Palace sack George Burley and the Gabor deal goes down the pan and he has not seen the bench since let alone the starting line up.
incompetant manager :D :D

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:40 pm

maybe if he spent more time talking with transfer targets then reading the messageboards.... :lol:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:42 pm

and now alex furgeson knows about woodgate :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:42 pm

You do leak information though.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:43 pm

Karl wrote:You do leak information though.
like a sieve :lol:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:45 pm

Nope sorry mate your wrong there, I write it not leak it.

The leak is within the club.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:45 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
like a sieve :lol:

:lol:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:46 pm

carlccfc wrote:

You do broadcast it to the masses though.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:49 pm

its what they want to hear :ayatollah: demand is high supporters ahve been left in the dark with the club for years

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:52 pm

Karl wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

You do broadcast it to the masses though.

The site is popular yes :D

Seriously though read what I have said and you will know that Andy O'Brien kept Leeds up to date with developments, it had nothing to do with message boards or newspapers.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:58 pm

He blatently just has a problem with fans being able to have their say on a public forum, without having passed the necessary playing for Everton criteria

Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:03 pm

carlccfc wrote:The site is popular yes :D

Seriously though read what I have said and you will know that Andy O'Brien kept Leeds up to date with developments, it had nothing to do with message boards or newspapers.

Yeah, I was fully aware of the O'Brien situation. So you can't be blamed for that. This time. lol

Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:39 pm

I Nearly fell of my chair Carl when i read you are having a go at Dave Jones :lol: :lol: and all i could think about was " Carl but he won the Algarve Cup!!" 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :lol:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:08 pm

"The Big Book of Excuses" by D Jones - page 1073

Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:22 pm

Imo Andy O'Brien had no intention of signing for us he was always going to sign for Leeds he used us to get himself a better contract offer .

Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:28 pm

He blames the fans getting on players back one week,he blames players eg matthews one mistake =NO1 SEEN HIM FOR 3MONTHS then what about naylor for 3games of goals against or dj's set up and tactics its never his fault of course the guys a moron lets face it one min hes saying these players are used to fans no matter what reaction the nxt its fans fault or some c**t elses fault ,wake up you uselesss scouse tw*t :oops: :twisted:

Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:16 am

Nuclearblue wrote:I Nearly fell of my chair Carl when i read you are having a go at Dave Jones :lol: :lol: and all i could think about was " Carl but he won the Algarve Cup!!" 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :lol:

f*cking hell nukes, i remember the convo now :lol:

but they didnt even pick the trophy up :lol:

Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:17 am

milly44 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:I Nearly fell of my chair Carl when i read you are having a go at Dave Jones :lol: :lol: and all i could think about was " Carl but he won the Algarve Cup!!" 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) :lol:

f*cking hell nukes, i remember the convo now :lol:

but they didnt even pick the trophy up :lol:

Thats typical City Chief wait twenty odd years to win something anything !! and the fecking trophy goes missing :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:18 am

The one thing I will say, is that what you do is against what DJ has done since he came here. I can understand why he gets frustrated.

He never speaks about transfer targets until they are signed, frustrating for the fans though (as we like to speculate about real possibilities) but better for the club MAYBE.

You Carl, give out info on here that all the fans on here want to read about. Ive been looking at it for months, and have recently signed up to this MB aswell!

Seems the press have caught on about you, and obv DJ doesnt like it. However, there are so many managers out there who are open and honest about transfer targets, Harry Redknapp is the best EG. He does well in the market regardless and in todays times, all clubs have shortlists and are alerted by a players agent if a club makes a move imo.

O'Brien did exactly that, and would have gone to Leeds regardless.

Keep going with the updates mate, they are real good! :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:55 am

He's so paranoid it's unbelievable! Every club in the country has messageboards where info and goss is available yet you never hear of any other manager mentioning it! He's obviously spent more time on the messageboards then on tactics over November and December! Just get on with the job Dave and stop whining and making excuses! If you can't hack the pressure or the modern game then step down!

Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:57 am

Jimbo27 wrote:He's so paranoid it's unbelievable! Every club in the country has messageboards where info and goss is available yet you never hear of any other manager mentioning it! He's obviously spent more time on the messageboards then on tactics over November and December! Just get on with the job Dave and stop whining and making excuses! If you can't hack the pressure or the modern game then step down!

NAIL - HEAD - BANG!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:21 am

When i spoke to Dave Jones at the Centenary Dinner and told him to ignore the calls for his head on the various message boards he told me he had no idea what i was talking about because he doesn't read MSGB's or the papers :?