Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

center parcs anyone been??

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:38 pm

as we wont be travelling abroad for holidays this year due to our commitment to fostering a child with special needs we are looking at trying something diffrent this year

center parc

a boat on the norfolk broads

a cottage in the lake district

or cornwall/devon

any ideas (sensible as possible please :D )

Re: center parcs anyone been??

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:39 pm

center parcs you and kids will love it :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:40 pm

bluebirds123 wrote:center parcs you and kids will love it :ayatollah:
is there fishing there??

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:42 pm

Baz

Loads of companies offering barges on lots of different canal systems in the UK. They can be great for a family holiday and a bit of fishing for you as well. Dont know if you consider Ireland abroad but the cruisers on the Shannon are wonderful.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:43 pm

do u want a link to have a look at it all?

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:44 pm

It's a sting in the asshole if you go on school holidays. They bump the prices drastically.

Once youve booked it and are staying at the resort you have to pay for each activity should you want to take part.

Depends what the budget is. In some cases it may be cheaper to go abroad.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:44 pm

bluebirds123 wrote:do u want a link to have a look at it all?
i have been looking just wondered if any of you have done these sort of hols

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:45 pm

Had some great times a Center Parks at Longleat with the kids and grandkids. they love it, and so do we, loads to do and less than 2 hours away. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:46 pm

I have done the Shannon !!

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:47 pm

ridofrid wrote:I have done the Shannon !!

has the shannon got salmon/trout??

Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:56 pm

Yes and Lough Derg and others have huge monster Pike.

You can travel hundreds of miles on the Shannon now Baz, it even links to canals in the North.

Some of the Loughs are like Bloody Oceans !

The boats are like gin palaces and you berth overnight in Marinas so full electrics,

Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:00 pm

Karl wrote:It's a sting in the asshole if you go on school holidays. They bump the prices drastically.

Once youve booked it and are staying at the resort you have to pay for each activity should you want to take part.

Depends what the budget is. In some cases it may be cheaper to go abroad.
i cant go abroad the child we foster is being fed through a tube we would have to take 60 bottles of milk and all the feeding tubes, so gonna do a home holiday for the first time in 25 years 8-)

Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:09 pm

We go to centre parcs every year the week before Xmas and the whole family love it, infact I'd say they like it more than our summer abroad holiday. Deffo think the Nottingham one is the best tho.

Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:30 pm

well done to you mate. ive just come back from forest holidays cabins in forest of dean, great trip loads to do around the place and you can get some good prices, cabins are amazing. definately booking again :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:30 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:as we wont be travelling abroad for holidays this year due to our commitment to fostering a child with special needs we are looking at trying something diffrent this year

center parc

a boat on the norfolk broads

a cottage in the lake district

or cornwall/devon

any ideas (sensible as possible please :D )

i will move onto another thread then :cry:

Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:52 am

Centre Parcs is brilliant mate, been there over a dozen times. In fact, my missus prefers going there to abroad. Fantastic facilities which cater for all needs - you'll love it. Can't recommend it enough.

Been to the Longleat and Sherwood parcs, Longleat by far the best (and 2-3hrs less in the car!) - and theres certainly a fishing lake at Longleat. :ayatollah: