Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CCFC CHARGE DISABLE DRVES TO PARK

Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:38 am

WHAT A DISGRACE CCFC CHARGE £5 FOR DISABLE PEOPLE TO PARK EVEN IF THEY GOT ALL THE PHOTO ID AND FORMS TO SAY ARE DISABLE. I TOOK A DISABLE PERSON I VOLUNTERED TO DRIVE THEY CAR TO THE GAME TO HELP HIM OUT WHEN WE GOT GOT TO CCS THE STEWARD SAID THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PARK ONLY THE BAYS PROVIDED NEAR TURNSTILES THIS CANT BE RIGHT CAN IT :old: :old: :evil:

Re: CCFC CHARGE DISABLE DRVES TO PARK

Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:49 am

What annoys me is the disabled bays are empty on match day. I have to walk on sticks from the fruit market. Really pisses me off

Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:30 am

steve wrote:WHAT A DISGRACE CCFC CHARGE £5 FOR DISABLE PEOPLE TO PARK EVEN IF THEY GOT ALL THE PHOTO ID AND FORMS TO SAY ARE DISABLE. I TOOK A DISABLE PERSON I VOLUNTERED TO DRIVE THEY CAR TO THE GAME TO HELP HIM OUT WHEN WE GOT GOT TO CCS THE STEWARD SAID THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PARK ONLY THE BAYS PROVIDED NEAR TURNSTILES THIS CANT BE RIGHT CAN IT :old: :old: :evil:

How will the 4x4 merchants manage now????

Before anyone starts, my wife is disabled and nothing pisses me off more than someone in a 4x4 using up 'disabled' spaces

It's easy to argue (and with 'some' there is a point that if a person (including 'some' disabled) can manage to walk around Tesco then they can walk the extra 20 yards from the car park....but to say that they mis the point/purpose of a 'disabled' space (much the same as a 'mother and toddler' space) and that is for 'ACCESS PURPOSES' where doors need to be opened to their fullest to allow access/egress into or out of a vehicle; htis is particularly so when dealing with the wheelchair-bound

That the users of, shall we say, larger vehicles see these spaces as 'convenient' for the extra, often uncecessary in MOST (not all) cases, is down to their own ignorance of the REAL purpose of these spaces....

But then again, the supermarkets et al no longer 'police' their car parks, so why should anyone else care either??

Everyone for themselves....first. last and foremost!!

:ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll:
:roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:32 am

Yep its true I have to pay every time 5pounds, and they will not let me park near my gate4 when I park its near to gate5 then I have to walk back to gate4.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:37 am

Forestbluebirds wrote:What annoys me is the disabled bays are empty on match day. I have to walk on sticks from the fruit market. Really pisses me off

Can you not contact the club about that issue??

It's not good, is it??

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:44 am

I have in the past with no results. When I have tried to get into the car park I am met with very unfriendly mafioso stewarding. The carpark lie a third empty. I thought this would have been sorted when the new ground was built. It was better in the old car park in Ninians day.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:48 am

Have you spoken to the Trust, this would be a good cause for them to get behind and help our disabled fans, not stirring, just trying to suggest a solution. :old:

Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:50 am

steve wrote:WHAT A DISGRACE CCFC CHARGE £5 FOR DISABLE PEOPLE TO PARK EVEN IF THEY GOT ALL THE PHOTO ID AND FORMS TO SAY ARE DISABLE. I TOOK A DISABLE PERSON I VOLUNTERED TO DRIVE THEY CAR TO THE GAME TO HELP HIM OUT WHEN WE GOT GOT TO CCS THE STEWARD SAID THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PARK ONLY THE BAYS PROVIDED NEAR TURNSTILES THIS CANT BE RIGHT CAN IT :old: :old: :evil:

I fully understand your frustration and I have written to the club on several occasions about this matter and despite Alan Whitley’s assurance he would look into the matter he never did reply.

Basically the club hide behind the cowardly excuse that they charge ALL customers the same price to park in the stadium car park and are therefore not discriminating on the grounds of disability.

Of course this ignores the point that someone with mobility restriction doesn’t have the option of parking away from the stadium and walking in, like the able bodied do.

He did acknowledge that point to me in an Email and promosed to look into my suggestion of halfing the season ticket fee to £65 but that’s as far as it went. I also raised this matter with the Trust but they were more than useless :roll: .

Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:57 am

Just playing devils advocate here but why should disabled parking be free whilst everyone else has to pay to park? Surely the point of disabled parking is to have a space reserved for you to park. Now if it's a case of these spaces are not available then okay jump all over them but if it's about paying then I don't think it's fair to expect some people to pay and others not.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:57 am

I find that hard to believe Tony, surely the Trust are there to take on such issues, if not, why not. Who did you speak to and did they put it on the back burner or dismiss it totally?

Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:59 am

I'd be happy to pay a fiver for parking. It beats waling 3/4 of mile on a pair of walking sticks. Hard work with ankylosing spondylitis. It just get me the disabled bays are empty. Im not a season ticket holder, i pick my games so the seasons parking fee is a no goer for me.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:07 am

BigGwynram wrote:I find that hard to believe Tony, surely the Trust are there to take on such issues, if not, why not. Who did you speak to and did they put it on the back burner or dismiss it totally?

Firstly I had to Email the Trust several times before I got there attention on this matter. Finally Corky passed my concerns onto Alan Whitely and I had an initial reply. I was then referred to (can't remember the name) someone else who was apparently the disabled fans representative.

Sent at least 3 Emails never had a reply. I believe BigBlueBird had the same trouble when he tried contacting the same person also.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:13 am

I e-mailed the trust but no reply. Had no contacts then

Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:20 am

When I spoke to the people who takes the money on the gate to park the car ,I told them I got a Blue Badge and could I park near to my gate4, they told me , THE BLUE BADGE DONT MEAN ANYTHING IN HERE! The Blue Badge is nothing to do with us!

Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:24 am

welshcitydragon wrote:When I spoke to the people who takes the money on the gate to park the car ,I told them I got a Blue Badge and could I park near to my gate4, they told me , THE BLUE BADGE DONT MEAN ANYTHING IN HERE! The Blue Badge is nothing to do with us!

I would write to the club ASP with those comments and point out that under the Disability Discrimination Act denying you a reasonable adjustment (parking as close to gate 4) is an act of discrimination and unless their staff amend their attitude you will take the matter up with the Human Rights and Equality Commission.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:29 am

Why shouldnt they be charged just because the are disabled

Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:34 am

RichardBluebird wrote:

Because their disability means they do-not have the option of parking away from the stadium or using public transport as the disabled persons needs to park as closley to the stadium as possible. Therefore a perception arises where the club can be seen as denying reasonable access to those who have mobility problems because they can't afford the extra £130 per season.

In all honesty its a very cold hearted way of doing business.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:43 am

I have always paid to park in my disabled parking bay...firstly at Ninian Park and the first two seasons at the new statdium...it costs £135 a season ticket which I share with my three mates...about £35 a season each...I would love to park free but I don't see why I should get better treatment than able bodied fans....thats just my own opinion...don't go throwing your zimmers at me..This has been taken to the club in the past but they don't see this as a major problem and did not want to discriminate one group against the other.....you could go into the whole disability issue and its very complicated...best thing to do is share a car and split the costs.....however if a fight happens and we get free parking I will be happy to take advantage.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:50 am

its not the fact you have got to pay it that the stewards direct you to the bottom end of the car parking by ninian when the disable bays are empty and they tell you they do not acknowledge disable badges at ccfc this is wrong

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:06 am

I will pay happily. Just want to park close to the ground

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:14 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:

Because their disability means they do-not have the option of parking away from the stadium or using public transport as the disabled persons needs to park as closley to the stadium as possible. Therefore a perception arises where the club can be seen as denying reasonable access to those who have mobility problems because they can't afford the extra £130 per season.

So Tony, going by your argument. Lets suppose a disabled person was only able to get to his local Tesco and was unable to shop anywhere else. Should Tesco give him his shopping for free based on the fact that if he was able to shop around like other people then he would be able to get his weekly shopping much cheaper? In this scenario are Tesco guilty of denying reasonable access to those who have mobility problems because they can't afford the prices they charge?

Or should Tesco treat him exactly the same as everyone else and charge him the same. After All everyone is skint at the moment. Some could argue that there are some fans who have even less money and therefore should have things free. Otherwise the club is restricting access to those who are well skint. Being disabled and poor are not mutually exclusive after all.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:17 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
RichardBluebird wrote:

They have disabled bays though.........?

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:44 am

I dont want to park for nothing, ok yes I got a Blue Badge, I would just like to park a little near to the gate4 ,the gate I go into.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:49 am

tesco dont charge for parking so what are you on about its not the same. shop in tesco's free carparking and the same should apply to cardiff season ticket holders who have a car should park free i thought the ccs was paid for by council money and they do not charge disable drivers it seem ccfc are taking the piss

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:52 am

My brother is one of the head stewards at CCS, i'll have a word today and get back to you all.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:59 am

A new divide at CCFC, abled v disabled. One thing about City fans, we can fight about anything :old: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:06 pm

Hopefully someone at the club can look into that and get it overturned :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:09 pm

steve wrote:tesco dont charge for parking so what are you on about its not the same. shop in tesco's free carparking and the same should apply to cardiff season ticket holders who have a car should park free i thought the ccs was paid for by council money and they do not charge disable drivers it seem ccfc are taking the piss

I think you need to read my post.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:15 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:A new divide at CCFC, abled v disabled. One thing about City fans, we can fight about anything :old: :ayatollah:

No we can't.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:29 pm

Berwyn wrote:Just playing devils advocate here but why should disabled parking be free whilst everyone else has to pay to park? Surely the point of disabled parking is to have a space reserved for you to park. Now if it's a case of these spaces are not available then okay jump all over them but if it's about paying then I don't think it's fair to expect some people to pay and others not.