Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Carl, what have you done?

Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:28 am

:lol:

Dave Jones blames fans for signing failure
Jan 10 2011
by Terry Phillips, South Wales Echo

DAVE Jones has blamed Cardiff City fans’ internet message boards for his failure to sign centre-half Andy O’Brien.

The Bluebirds manager bemoaned the loss of his defensive target after Michael Chopra’s goal earned his team a 1-1 FA Cup draw at Stoke.

Jones claims ‘famous message boards’ alerted rivals Leeds that the Bolton player was in talks at Cardiff City Stadium.

But that seems an odd stance by Jones over a player who was already playing for Leeds on loan – and who openly admitted he told the club he was going to South Wales for talks with Cardiff before setting off.

Jones has landed striker Jon Parkin, but is still keen to bring in a couple of defenders during the January transfer window.

He said: “There are always possibilities, but it is difficult at the moment because what I’m looking at, everyone else is looking at.

“That is why we moved so quickly for big Parky, because there was a lot of interest.

“I probably lost Andy O’Brien because the famous message boards and everything else alerted Leeds that we were talking to him. We probably could have signed him on the day, but they stepped in and took him away from us. But we’ll just keep looking.”

Yorkshireman O’Brien was won over by Leeds when they matched Cardiff City’s offer on a contract through to 2013.

The Bluebirds meet Stoke in the third round replay tomorrow week, with a tie away to either Wolves or Doncaster awaiting the winners in the next round.

Re: Carl, what have you done?

Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:37 am

I put up a post yesterday about this, he said it after the Stoke game in an interview. But he didnt say it was this board.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:42 am

How does he know it was on the message boards if he doesn;t use them?

If he's listening to other folk then that is just speculation and he keeps saying you shouldn't listen to speculation.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:49 am

welshcitydragon wrote:I put up a post yesterday about this, he said it after the Stoke game in an interview. But he didnt say it was this board.

I know.

I was joking about Carl.

Dj did mention "famous message boards"... so has to be this one :ayatollah:

The fact DJ's claims are a pack of lies is interesting. Clearly feeling the pressure methinks.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:56 am

Dave Jones is making alot of assumptions here isn't he. The first being that unlike him the Leeds directors spend all their time watching our message boards to see it we are talking to any players. :lol:
He's also assumming that Leeds didn't know the player was in talks with Cardiff even though he told them HIMSELF before travelling down AND whilst he was down here he PHONED them to TELL them the EXACT OFFER that Cardiff had made and asked them if they wanted to match it. Fair play to Dave, perhaps none of that happened and all the conversstions took place on this message board. :lol:
Then he's admitting that Carl is very switched on as to what's happenning in side the club by raiseing the issue of message boards leaking info. Perhaps Dave Jones should look a bit closer around the club rather than worry about the info on message boards after it's leaked out.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:01 am

I have posted on this article in the echo and if you feel strongly about his constant whinging and blaming others then please do the same.

Carl is not the leaker and never has been, the leaks quite clearly are coming from the club and if DJ cannot see that then he is a fool.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:03 am

:old: :old:

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:38 am

tut tut Carl :D

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:44 am

Midfield general wrote:If this messageboard has so much influence then lets start a campaign to sign Beckham!!!! :lol:

Funny you should say that because I'm sure I just saw Lionel Messi at the Vale. There was this other guy too, don't know his name though but I think it might have been Eto or something like that. :lol:

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:46 am

Berwyn wrote:
Midfield general wrote:If this messageboard has so much influence then lets start a campaign to sign Beckham!!!! :lol:

Funny you should say that because I'm sure I just saw Lionel Messi at the Vale. There was this other guy too, don't know his name though but I think it might have been Eto or something like that. :lol:

Is this him.....

£17.3 million and a mobile phone.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:48 am

Yes that's the one. Spot on. :lol:

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:51 am

Yep, ET is short and he can't move around very fast. He'll make a great defender. :lol:

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:52 am

Great aerial prowess with that bike too!!!

DJ says his phone has been red hot lately - ET likes the old phonecall.....match made in heaven.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:54 am

Berwyn wrote:

ffs Berwyn, now you've alerted Leeds to their availability...

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:57 am

well hes the right age for a jonesy signing!

Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:08 pm

nerd wrote:
Berwyn wrote:

ffs Berwyn, now you've alerted Leeds to their availability...

Read all about it

Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:11 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:24 pm

No doubt andy189 will be on soon to gloat!!!

Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:26 pm

fair play to dave jones, its hard for me to dislike him any more than i do, but f**k me hes doing a good job :lol:

Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:01 pm

carl, i hope your feeling ashamed of yourself now :D

Ptb great fix mate :ayatollah:

Lets face it guys the player had no intention of coming here, he just used us as a bargaining tool to get a better deal where he was already playing, and if Dj cant see that he's a bigger COCK than i thought

Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:17 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32033 :lol: