Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

sam ! is to blame

Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:48 pm

i think sam hammam has got to take credit for where we are now !! in my opinion we would not be in the championship pushing for promotion if sam had not taken sum of the risks that he took !! without sam we would have never dreamed of a new stadium no one would have pushed for it like sam did. he brought passion an belief to our fans i remember the passion he brought against the then famous leeds in the f.a cup an could see how much the club really meant to him !! yes the man took big risks on trying to make our club succeed he wanted success with cardiff an he didn't want to wait around for it the same as we didnt. he seen what the fans wanted an he gave the fans what they wanted he still refers to the club as my club which shows he is still as passionate as ever about cardiff city fc i would welcome him back with open arms a true city fan with big goals for the club an so much passion an belief this is what we need . :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: sam ! is to blame

Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:50 pm

Black friday.

How did you feel?

I rest my case.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:58 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:Black friday.

How did you feel?

I rest my case.

To be fair in hindsight black Friday was a mere blip compared to some of the things that has happened since then and the vast majority of people have taken it all with pinch of salt. For instance I don't recall any winding up orders on black Friday or any stay of execution with a ten day count down. That's all that happened really was Kav got sold and the staff were late getting paid. Since Sam's gone, flogging players for below price and the staff being paid late seems to have been a monthly occurrence. We could have had a black January, black February, black March.... etc, let alone a black Friday.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:22 pm

Berwyn wrote:
DaveSheffield wrote:Black friday.

How did you feel?

I rest my case.

To be fair in hindsight black Friday was a mere blip compared to some of the things that has happened since then and the vast majority of people have taken it all with pinch of salt. For instance I don't recall any winding up orders on black Friday or any stay of execution with a ten day count down. That's all that happened really was Kav got sold and the staff were late getting paid. Since Sam's gone, flogging players for below price and the staff being paid late seems to have been a monthly occurrence. We could have had a black January, black February, black March.... etc, let alone a black Friday.

You may be right in your views, but dismissing Black Friday as a mere blip is really not giving a true reflection. You seem to forget that Collins and Gabbidon were also sold on the cheap(as well as Earnie earlier in the season) and if they weren't it would have been administration for sure, and there was nothing more Sam could have done about it.

It was the worst day in my 39 years of supporting the City, by a long chalk.

Having said all of that, you are right in that we wouldn't be where we are now without Sam. No denying his passion and we may still be languishing in the lower reaches of the Football League.

I, personally, am unsure whether I want Sam back but if TG and VT think it is for the good of the club then so be it (as long as he is kept away from the purse strings :shock: :lol: ).