Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Home Nations starting again

Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:31 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9355809.stm

Discuss

I think it will be good for British football.

Re: Home Nations starting again

Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:37 pm

i would love to see the home nations start again........ :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:21 pm

I'm a bit confused by this.
I thought that England didn't want any part in a home nations tournament because it would be too 'easy'.
And as a result the Carling Nations Cup was created consisting of the 4 Celtic nations.
So will the Carling Nations Cup be scrapped and Ireland be left out? :?:

Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:38 pm

All 4 nations have gone backwards since the demise of the Home Championship. Other factors might have a bearing such as the influx of foreign players but the return of Home Championship can only be good news, particularly for Wales.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:43 pm

they only want it back as England have 1 feck all lately , they will probably feck that up as well they are shit,

Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:16 pm

Would be good if they returned. When I was a young boy my Dad took me to wembley in 1977 to see England V Scotland. Great first game to go to as not only did Scotland beat them 2-1 it was the day the goalposts were snapped and the turf ripped up. Scotland totally took the piss that day.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:40 pm

darran1927 wrote:they only want it back as England have won feck all lately , they will probably feck that up as well they are shit,