Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

PC HELP

Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:31 pm

how do you burn a folder to dual layer dvds?
not very good with burning to dvd :lol:
:ayatollah:

Re: PC HELP

Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:50 pm

Go to My Computer, and right click your DVD drive and choose Open, inside right click and create > new folder, then copy and paste all of the files into it.

If that doesn't work let me know, Windows can be funny with doing stuff like that.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:54 pm

Dafydd wrote:Go to My Computer, and right click your DVD drive and choose Open, inside right click and create > new folder, then copy and paste all of the files into it.

If that doesn't work let me know, Windows can be funny with doing stuff like that.

will it be that simple? its a back up for an xbox 360 game so its not illegal. just stressed out with laser burns :lol:
hopefully you know something i dont :lol:
:ayatollah:

and my xbox is flashed

Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:56 pm

Well as long as you Copy > Paste, it won't be a problem. Don't Cut > Paste.

If it doesn't work, get a different DVD and try again.

What operating system is it?

I know on Windows 7 it asks if you want it to act as a USB (data store) or something else.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:01 pm

good old xp :lol:

Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:06 pm

:lol: Well if you've got more than one DVD handy just try what I suggested and if it doesn't work I'll think of something else :P

Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:07 pm

suerlly you need a burning software like nero, you wouldnt be able to just drop files onto a disk like you would onto a memory stick or hard drive

Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:08 pm

alrite nice one mate im buying some dvds next week so ill post a reply on here :ayatollah:
thanks for the advice

Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:09 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:suerlly you need a burning software like nero, you wouldnt be able to just drop files onto a disk like you would onto a memory stick or hard drive

Nah you can do it, I've done it, but I don't know if it works with older versions of Windows.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:13 pm

i got nero aswell :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:07 pm

if its an original disc then why not download it to ur xbox hard drive from the disc

Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:48 pm

xbox needs a disk to start it up to stop piracy :evil:
but i just want to make back up copies of games, so im not sure how to put a file onto a dual layer disk not sure if you have to add files or change files because its an xbox game.