Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Swansea away for those who don't qualify

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:08 am

The Premier 1 wrote:best thing to do is once in the ground, approach a steward or copper tell them you bought the ticket off a friend or online, didnt know it was for the home end and ask them to put you in with the away fans
before you beat the living shite out of them gypo's :ayatollah:

no seriously just say you feel unsafe :o

That might hopfully work, worked for my plastic freind (Leeds fan) last tuesday against us :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:33 am

whatever happened to the ginger ninja!! he took on the gyppo's in the home end :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:45 am

Ben wrote:whatever happened to the ginger ninja!! he took on the gyppo's in the home end :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Really? :lol: :lol: :lol:

behind enemy lines

Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:25 pm

this is a write up my brother did after the carling cup game. i was one of the ones in the jack end with him.

I was in the home end along with three other lads. We managed to get some tickets the day it went on general sale for their end. A couple of us went down and queued up for three hours armed with my aunt's Argos statement, a letter from my uncle's union and my grandparents’ gas bill. All the documents had Swansea addresses. When we finally got to the front of the queue, we were told that we needed photographic id as well. We both somehow managed to blag our way through it with a bit of 'been in queue for hours mush'...'didn't say needed it photo id on website mun' etc. After speaking to the manager at the ticket office the women eventually gave us four tickets. Just as i left the ticket office i noticed that i still had a city pin badge on my jumper and although my jacket was partly done up, it was clearly visible. Stood in a queue for three hours with a load of jacks, i can't believe that nobody saw it. If they did they didn't say anything.

The tickets were in the West stand right next to the North stand where the city fans were. We normally go to games in our best football casual gear but a few of the lads decided that they would dress scruffy to fit in with the cretinous hordes of jacks and try not to draw any attention to ourselves. I wore my Fjallraven Nordli. Casual but subtle.

We left Caerphilly at about 5:00pm. Traffic was bad going through Port Talbot so we guessed the buses had already gone past. Came off the motorway and ended up stuck in traffic as the police had closed the dual carriageway to let the buses in. I assume they were taken to wait somewhere in Swansea?

Parked up in the car park across the river by TK Max and walked around to the west stand to watch the buses come in. Not a lot happened apart from them singing stuff as the buses went past. Went into the ground about 30 minutes before kick off. Tickets were a few rows from the back, alongside the goal lline. As i walked towards the back, i noticed a jack lad i knew in one of the executive boxes. I stuck my head down and hoped he wouldn't see us. He isn't really a football lad and i could just see him shouting down at us and thus revealing our identity to the gormless swansea mongs surrounding us.

As we got closer to kick off the stand was pretty full and we were surrounded by some big lads in our section. Some real meatheads all clobbered up. They certainly looked the part anyway.. This lot were shouting monkey noises at city's black players all through the game and I swear the only song one of them knew was ‘sam hammams a paki’ as he spent the game trying to get it started.

Atmosphere before the game from Cardiff was fantastic and to be fair to the jacks they did make a lot of noise just before kick off and for large periods of the game. Took a few pictures of the city end on my phone but have not looked at them yet. Dudders flag looked good and I think I am right in saying remained up throughout the game. During the game we stood and clapped our hands occasionally with the songs to look a bit more animated. I tried not to talk too much to the lads as whenever I did I would always refer to Swansea in the third person. Had a few funny looks through the game but I’m not sure if it was just my imagination. Felt pretty comfortable all throughout the game .

I knew the jacks were going to score when they got that free kick. They didn’t go as mental as I thought they would have. A few around me took their tops off. I just clapped, with a fake grin on my face. One of the lads got hit in the side of the head by someone celebrating, who quickly apologised, grabbed him and kissed him. He should be ok. He has had his jabs and has booked himself into the doctors this morning as a precaution.

After the goal was the hardest bit of the game. Everybody around us was singing and we were stood there looking miserable. As the game progressed I was finding it harder to not react to anything city did. I could see the disallowed goal was offside from my position so I didn’t have to control myself for that Looking at the city end it took some a you lot a long time before you realised the goal wouldn’t stand.

At the end of the game we hung around inside the ground. It was inevitable that there would be some trouble given the fact the jacks were allowed to stay in the ground. We moved down onto the concourse between the two tiers to watch what happened. Saw plenty of familiar faces in amongst the city crowd. Those in the city end probably wouldn’t have seen that when the barriers were thrown down onto the bottom tier one of them landed on a steward who was just the other side of the wall. It appeared from where I was stood that the lads had been using the barriers to charge the police on the concourse and had become completely mangled in the process. Left the ground when and walked up onto the dual carriageway. The jacks were congregated around the chip shop. Weren’t nearly as many as I thought there would be. We hung around for a bit but then wandered back to the car and long before the coaches left.

Would happily go in the jack end again if I had to and it was nowhere near as bad as everybody said it would be. I must say that I found the derby day atmosphere to be less ‘hateful’ and hostile than previous years. I don’t know if it was really any different, but going to the vetch you could almost feel the venom and hatred in the air. I guess time colours your memory a little. This one was loud but seemed nowhere near as intense. Don’t know what anyone else thinks.

Re: behind enemy lines

Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:45 pm

a horse with no name wrote:this is a write up my brother did after the carling cup game. i was one of the ones in the jack end with him.

I was in the home end along with three other lads. We managed to get some tickets the day it went on general sale for their end. A couple of us went down and queued up for three hours armed with my aunt's Argos statement, a letter from my uncle's union and my grandparents’ gas bill. All the documents had Swansea addresses. When we finally got to the front of the queue, we were told that we needed photographic id as well. We both somehow managed to blag our way through it with a bit of 'been in queue for hours mush'...'didn't say needed it photo id on website mun' etc. After speaking to the manager at the ticket office the women eventually gave us four tickets. Just as i left the ticket office i noticed that i still had a city pin badge on my jumper and although my jacket was partly done up, it was clearly visible. Stood in a queue for three hours with a load of jacks, i can't believe that nobody saw it. If they did they didn't say anything.

The tickets were in the West stand right next to the North stand where the city fans were. We normally go to games in our best football casual gear but a few of the lads decided that they would dress scruffy to fit in with the cretinous hordes of jacks and try not to draw any attention to ourselves. I wore my Fjallraven Nordli. Casual but subtle.

We left Caerphilly at about 5:00pm. Traffic was bad going through Port Talbot so we guessed the buses had already gone past. Came off the motorway and ended up stuck in traffic as the police had closed the dual carriageway to let the buses in. I assume they were taken to wait somewhere in Swansea?

Parked up in the car park across the river by TK Max and walked around to the west stand to watch the buses come in. Not a lot happened apart from them singing stuff as the buses went past. Went into the ground about 30 minutes before kick off. Tickets were a few rows from the back, alongside the goal lline. As i walked towards the back, i noticed a jack lad i knew in one of the executive boxes. I stuck my head down and hoped he wouldn't see us. He isn't really a football lad and i could just see him shouting down at us and thus revealing our identity to the gormless swansea mongs surrounding us.

As we got closer to kick off the stand was pretty full and we were surrounded by some big lads in our section. Some real meatheads all clobbered up. They certainly looked the part anyway.. This lot were shouting monkey noises at city's black players all through the game and I swear the only song one of them knew was ‘sam hammams a paki’ as he spent the game trying to get it started.

Atmosphere before the game from Cardiff was fantastic and to be fair to the jacks they did make a lot of noise just before kick off and for large periods of the game. Took a few pictures of the city end on my phone but have not looked at them yet. Dudders flag looked good and I think I am right in saying remained up throughout the game. During the game we stood and clapped our hands occasionally with the songs to look a bit more animated. I tried not to talk too much to the lads as whenever I did I would always refer to Swansea in the third person. Had a few funny looks through the game but I’m not sure if it was just my imagination. Felt pretty comfortable all throughout the game .

I knew the jacks were going to score when they got that free kick. They didn’t go as mental as I thought they would have. A few around me took their tops off. I just clapped, with a fake grin on my face. One of the lads got hit in the side of the head by someone celebrating, who quickly apologised, grabbed him and kissed him. He should be ok. He has had his jabs and has booked himself into the doctors this morning as a precaution.

After the goal was the hardest bit of the game. Everybody around us was singing and we were stood there looking miserable. As the game progressed I was finding it harder to not react to anything city did. I could see the disallowed goal was offside from my position so I didn’t have to control myself for that Looking at the city end it took some a you lot a long time before you realised the goal wouldn’t stand.

At the end of the game we hung around inside the ground. It was inevitable that there would be some trouble given the fact the jacks were allowed to stay in the ground. We moved down onto the concourse between the two tiers to watch what happened. Saw plenty of familiar faces in amongst the city crowd. Those in the city end probably wouldn’t have seen that when the barriers were thrown down onto the bottom tier one of them landed on a steward who was just the other side of the wall. It appeared from where I was stood that the lads had been using the barriers to charge the police on the concourse and had become completely mangled in the process. Left the ground when and walked up onto the dual carriageway. The jacks were congregated around the chip shop. Weren’t nearly as many as I thought there would be. We hung around for a bit but then wandered back to the car and long before the coaches left.

Would happily go in the jack end again if I had to and it was nowhere near as bad as everybody said it would be. I must say that I found the derby day atmosphere to be less ‘hateful’ and hostile than previous years. I don’t know if it was really any different, but going to the vetch you could almost feel the venom and hatred in the air. I guess time colours your memory a little. This one was loud but seemed nowhere near as intense. Don’t know what anyone else thinks.

Thats a great read fair play :ayatollah: