Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Did anyone go to barca v parma in cardiff..

Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:15 pm

Few years back when they played there can't think what it was for but fair play the barca players we're top notch to the fans.

Re: Did anyone go to barca v parma in cardiff..

Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:37 am

Yeah, also went to the airport when Barca flew in and met rijkaard (miserable git), Puyol, Eto'o, Larsson (geniune bloke on the face of it, fair play), Ludo Giuly, and Ronaldinho forgot his passport so he was waiting for clearance for a bout an hour, but loads of people stayed, this was when he was THE biggest player in the world tbf.

It was something to do with Cardiff's 50th year as CAPITAL CITY or something of that sort anyway.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:48 am

I went to that game, finished barcelona 1-0 fc parma i think, was at the millenium stadium. im sure it was around 2002/2003? correct me if im wrong.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:37 am

Yeah, I went, they were going to do a match like taut every summer but I guess the small crowd that turned up put the blockers on that. Good day out.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:18 am

I went, that was years ago. Ronaldinho scored a free kick from the edge of the area I think. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:24 pm

rowlandsccfc wrote:I went to that game, finished barcelona 1-0 fc parma i think, was at the millenium stadium. im sure it was around 2002/2003? correct me if im wrong.

August 2004 The Cardiff Capitol Challenge

Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:33 pm

Yeah i went,crowd was only about 11.000.I think there was some deal where if you produced a ticket stub from city v plymouth (??or whoever we played the week before) you got a reduced ticket.Barca won 1-0 Iniesta scored.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:57 pm

i was there i took my wife she wasn't to happy as it was our anniversary :o :o :o

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:51 pm

I was there too.......................I refereed the game!
I also got the Barcelona team to sign the match ball.
It takes pride of place in my office.

Phil.