Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Scott Young Meeting - Development Fund - PLEASE SUPPORT !!!

Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:36 pm

Meeting with Scott Young - 10 Jan 11

Here’s some feedback on a meeting we had tonight with Scott young to discuss the fans contributing to help grass roots football at Cardiff City FC. The meeting was held at Cardiff City Stadium and attended by Carl, Gwyn, Annis, Clive and myself representing the fans and Scott Young along with members of his team and the Academy.

The meeting was very positive in which Scott and his team outlined the current set up, it’s achievements to date and where they felt it needed financial help in the future. Scott said that the funds are needed most at the 3 grassroots levels which is currently virtually self-funding. This is an absolutely vital part of the Cardiff City FC set up as it captures all local talent in the South Wales area and feeds the cream of talent into our Academy. We were shown an impressive PowerPoint presentation by Michael Hayward (Sports Participation Project Coordinator). The presentation highlighted how organized and professional the current CCFC development program is, and explained the structure of the proramme, whch is by far one of the best in the UK.

I’ll try to explain it in a nutshell. If you can imagine a pyramid shape, the Academy is the very top of it, being the cream of talent. (This is funded by CCFC). Below that are 3 tiers of coaching and development programmes (self-funded) in which Scott and his team go into the community and provide football coaching and development to 1000’s of players in the South Wales (and Bristol) areas. Within these 3 tiers, the best talents are hand-picked and developed up the pyramid until they hopefully make it to Academy level. Players can move up and down the 3 levels over time, but Scott pointed out that whichever level they are, the crucial thing is that ALL local talent is continuously under Cardiff City’s Radar and won’t slip the net.

CCFC Development Programme Structure

Top - ACADEMY (Under 7 – 18)

1 Advanced Development Centre – Best players developed for future entry to Academy
2 Advanced Coaching Centre – Players with potential chosen for advanced coaching
3 Football for All – A base level offering football to any level of ability but promoting CCFC.

Scott emphamised to us that the more kids this is offered too, the more chance we have of finding the next Ramsey. In other words, the wider you make the bottom of the Pyramid, the more quality you get at the top of it. Other positive spin offs are that it’s constantly promoting Cardiff to the whole of South Wales and recruiting new fans for Cardiff City which is vital for the future support of the club as well as promoting football ahead of other sports. (if you know what I mean ....... egg zactly).

The aims of the development programme are:

• To provide professional coaching to young people in their local community, regardless of ability, gender or race.
• To provide opportunities for participants to experience match days at the stadium through prizes and competitions.
• To continually promote and raise the profile of Cardiff City Football Club in the community.
• To work with key partners such as local authorities, FAW Trust and WAG to continue to promote the game.
• To use the stature of Cardiff City to responsibly aid the development of young people.
• To promote a healthy and active lifestyle.
• To support the Academy by providing a pathway for talented players to progress so the club accesses all the best talent from the area.
• Provide vital support for Scouting network.

Personally, I had already signed up my monthly contribution before tonight, but after seeing the structure, commitment and passion to succeed from Scott and his team, I know my donation is in safe hand and will be wisely spent.

If anyone wants to get involved, contribute or help, we would like as much contribution as possible, anyone and everyone is welcome. (i.e AAMB, MMMB, Trust members, non Trust members etc). There is already an account set up if you wish to make a standing order or monthly Direct Debit to..

Cardiff City Forum Academy Fund.

Sort Code :- 09-01-27

Account No:- 85932151

(Every penny raised is donated to the Cardiff City Grassroots development fund)

Gwyn’s mind is in over drive at the moment with other fund raising ideas, so expect more details soon of fun fund raising events and pub nights.

Hope this helps

Hiya Mate! Alright? :ayatollah:

Re: Scott Young Meeting - Development Fund - PLEASE SUPPORT !!!

Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:42 pm

Thanks for that mate, a very interesting read.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:55 pm

Cheers for the update great to see something being done at the Development level my sons in the Cardiff ADC be great to be able to have indoor training got soacked tonight. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:56 pm

I was really impressed with the set up, it's very professional and can't fault the commitment of Scott and his team :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:36 pm

Bit of an over cooked promotion but great effort by the lads from this forum!

Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:08 am

I was very impressed with the set up and are convinced that we can make a real difference to the young kids and believe me they do need our help.
For just a £1 a month we can ensure that no local talent will slip through the net which in the past has had gaping holes in it. The club are backing our efforts 100% and hope that this can be an initiative that we can grow for many years to come.
I am an old git now but really feel that these youngsters are the future of our club and should be given the chance to shine and all of us on this board can ensure that this happens.
:ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:21 am

Cheers Suggs

Very much appreciated that you joined us last Night with Scott Young and Co.
That meeting showed me that without doubt Our Development Centres need Funding more than ever and Our Future Kids Need Our Support, ALL City Fans Should Back tHis Fund. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

For as little as £1 a Month, OUR SUPPORTERS CAN MAKE A MASSIVE DIFFERENCE :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Any Kind of Donation is Welcome :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I can now give you the details of the account.

Cardiff City Forum Academy Fund.

Sort Code :- 09-01-27

Account No:- 85932151

These are the details that you were all waiting for and will now enable you to pay in donations by direct debit. I would like to thank you for your patience with regards to the opening of this account but I wanted to ensure that we had the right interest bearing account and also with no bank charges.

I can also confirm that Santander Bank is Our Bank :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27677 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cardiff-C ... 822?v=wall :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:17 am

Well done lads :ayatollah:

I send my donation for this month by standing order yesterday. If there is anything I can help with just let me know :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:39 am

This is a fantastic idea and one very close to my heart. I like to give small charitable donations every month, but the problem for me in the past is that out of the money I have donated I was lucky to see only a small amount reach the people I wanted to help.

The beauty of this set up is that I can donate each month by standing order (i.e. as and when I get paid), the whole amount goes to what it was intended for and it is football related, my number one passion.

I can't praise those involved enough and you can be assurred I will be support it this fancially from now on.

Well done everyone :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:34 am

What I like about this scheme is the fact it will hep the bottom grass roots level, all the money will be handed over to Scott's team for them to use as they see fit, at the end of the day Scott will know where the money we raise can be best used.

Anyone who know's Scott will know how genuine and committed he is to the cause, he is one of us, he loves the club and after coming thru the youth set up himself, who better to appreciate the benefits that the correct support can bring.

On a personal note, I am not involved for a personal ego trip, I am not involved so that I can pilfer any of the money raised, and knowing the other people involved i can 100% say they are the same.

I will take great pleasure though, hopefully seeing the next Aaron Ramsey come thru and I will know that along with my fellow fans we played a part in getting him there for the benefit of all of us at the club.

If that makes me and the other fans involved selfish, then so be it. I'm sure we ain't involved for ego trips, none of us need to be thanked or praised, hopefully none of us need be noticed, as long as the scheme is successful who cares who is behind it.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:36 am

Thanks for that, just put it on the Facebook page

Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:19 pm

Thanks guys, we've had a lot of good feed back and support so far, Scott and his team are currently creating a presentation with full details outlining the development structure, it's achievements so far and where money is needed for the future. An open night will be help at the club soon and anyone and everyone is welcome to attend for a Q&A session. :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:46 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31730 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: