Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Any news on Bothroyd?

Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:55 pm

Anyone know when he's meant to be back?

Heard a few rumours from the vale today that he may be off soon. Hopefully its rubbish, but its slightly concerning!

Re: Any news on Bothroyd?

Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:56 pm

Owain wrote:Anyone know when he's meant to be back?

Heard a few rumours from the vale today that he may be off soon. Hopefully its rubbish, but its slightly concerning!

Owain, Vince Alm Said the same at Stoke to Carl and I

Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:58 pm

Bothroyd will be staying until the end of the season AT LEAST :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:59 pm

Owain wrote:Anyone know when he's meant to be back?

if we get vaughan jay is off, i think we got plan without him now.
Last edited by bluebirds23 on Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:59 pm

He said on his Twitter to someone,he's in London till Thursday,so can't see him playing sat.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:00 pm

I doubt he will leave this month, well hopefully he won't!
Apparently he should be fit for the game at home to Watford in a couple of weeks time. :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:01 pm

themadhatter wrote:Bothroyd will be staying until the end of the season AT LEAST :ayatollah:

That's what i though - couldn't see him going in Jan, but it seems to have come from a pretty credible source. Hopefully its bollocks!

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:03 pm

I'll be surprised and pleased if he's still here.

I also think we'd be mad to knock back reasonable bids though.

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:03 pm

PtB wrote:I'll be surprised and pleased if he's still here.

I also think we'd be mad to knock back reasonable bids though.

same here

Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:06 pm

Owain wrote:
themadhatter wrote:Bothroyd will be staying until the end of the season AT LEAST :ayatollah:

That's what i though - couldn't see him going in Jan, but it seems to have come from a pretty credible source. Hopefully its bollocks!

Owain, don't get me wrong, I don't have a source close to Bothroyd! I just have a huge belief that he will stay! He has got nothing to lose... if he stays then he can leave on a free and go to what ever club he chooses, and will have a further 4ish months to keep scoring goals at this level which will bump up his abibilty to negotiate wages etc

IN MY OPINION, he would be a fool to leave during this window!

Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:42 pm

themadhatter wrote:
Owain wrote:

Owain, don't get me wrong, I don't have a source close to Bothroyd! I just have a huge belief that he will stay! He has got nothing to lose... if he stays then he can leave on a free and go to what ever club he chooses, and will have a further 4ish months to keep scoring goals at this level which will bump up his abibilty to negotiate wages etc

IN MY OPINION, he would be a fool to leave during this window!

And who would want to buy an injured player other than our manager,in case he is really injured ,not just wrapped up in cotton wool waiting for a buyer while we pay his wages to tweet all day

Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:11 pm

Here you go!

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... e-to-wait-

Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:13 pm

if a bid around £3 million comes in we will sell - money talks.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:27 pm

he's off, said it before :lol: dont be a dingbat

Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:46 pm

got told by darcey blake on the way home from stoke that he will be staying untill the end of the season atleast :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:18 pm

bargoedbluebird wrote:got told by darcey blake on the way home from stoke that he will be staying untill the end of the season atleast :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

lets be fair, he's not gonna say anything diffrent is he?

Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:54 pm

hes gone.