Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

RUMOUR ALERT:!!!!

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:14 am

Just heated that we are looking into the possibility of bringing Anthony Gerrard back from Hull. This will have no bearing on Olofinjana going back as It's understood that Hull just can't afford to pay Ollys wages so won't be bringing him back and are banking on Cardiff wanting to buy him come the end of the season. If this is true, it makes me think that DJ is struggling to find a decent CB to come in and do a job. Gerrard has had a pretty good season and with slot of fans not wanting Woodgate due to his fitness, would Gerro be alike a new player???

Re: RUMOUR ALERT:!!!!

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:04 am

Bluebird99 wrote:Just heated that we are looking into the possibility of bringing Anthony Gerrard back from Hull. This will have no bearing on Olofinjana going back as It's understood that Hull just can't afford to pay Ollys wages so won't be bringing him back and are banking on Cardiff wanting to buy him come the end of the season. If this is true, it makes me think that DJ is struggling to find a decent CB to come in and do a job. Gerrard has had a pretty good season and with slot of fans not wanting Woodgate due to his fitness, would Gerro be alike a new player???

Gerrard was on a season long loan... can't be brought back...

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:06 am

nerd wrote:
Bluebird99 wrote:Just heated that we are looking into the possibility of bringing Anthony Gerrard back from Hull. This will have no bearing on Olofinjana going back as It's understood that Hull just can't afford to pay Ollys wages so won't be bringing him back and are banking on Cardiff wanting to buy him come the end of the season. If this is true, it makes me think that DJ is struggling to find a decent CB to come in and do a job. Gerrard has had a pretty good season and with slot of fans not wanting Woodgate due to his fitness, would Gerro be alike a new player???

He can, if Hull terminate the deal.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:20 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
nerd wrote:

Which isn't what was claimed.

The claim was we were looking into getting Gerrard back.

Unless the contract had a recall in January clause, the only type available for season long loans, Hull can't terminate. They'd still be on the hook for any wage contributions up until the end of the season.

Given Jones hurry to get rid of Gerrard to Hull, somehow I very much doubt we've got a January recall clause in there.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:42 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
nerd wrote:

And they'll have to pay up the deal to the end of the season, it wont happen.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:43 am

or he could be getting the recall in a bid to win a deal for another player at another club ?? ;)

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:45 am

The Premier 1 wrote:or he could be getting the recall in a bid to win a deal for another player at another club ?? ;)

Whatever happens the contract still has to be paid up to the end of the season, which Id imagine to be costly.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:45 am

view post

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32151

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:47 am

Nah! if the two clubs agree then he could come back, we do not have a get out clause neither does hull, we agreed to send back ross turnbull and he was on a season loan with no clauses :thumbup:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:51 am

Igovernor wrote:Nah! if the two clubs agree then he could come back, we do not have a get out clause neither does hull, we agreed to send back ross turnbull and he was on a season loan with no clauses :thumbup:

Rules are somewhat different for keepers due to the speciality of their position. Keepers can be recalled; with Turnbull, from memory, it was made pretty plain he'd not be playing for us again, so would be in players interest to be recalled by owning club with a view to loaning him out elsewhere.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:03 am

Can City send back Koumas :?:

He might be match fit by May after a whole pre-season season - if you see what I mean :roll:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:04 am

Danny Says wrote:Can City send back Koumas :?:

He might be match fit by May after a whole pre-season season - if you see what I mean :roll:

koumas has 6 month left on his contract ( i think anyway), so unless wigan cut his contract we stuck with him.