Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is This Our Next Signing?

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:39 am

http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/page/Profi ... 98,00.html

I have a mate who happens to be a Blackpool fan and he has told me DJ & Ollie have agreed terms on the transfer of this player. Apparently Ollie fancies signing Anthony Gerrard and the deal could revolve around AG being recalled from Hull and sold to Blackpool, I think the only way to recall a player from a season loan is if the parent club is about to sell him.

Dekel Keinan was signed by Blackpool on a bosman from Maccabi Haifa on an initial 12 month deal so he is a free agent in the Summer so no great fee will be involved, so the Gerrard thing need not complicate to deal that much.

He has Champions League experience with Maccabi and can play CB or LB could be a decent signing if this is true :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Is This Our Next Signing?

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:47 am

If true, great news!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:57 am

castleblue wrote:http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10432~28798,00.html

I have a mate who happens to be a Blackpool fan and he has told me DJ & Ollie have agreed terms on the transfer of this player. Apparently Ollie fancies signing Anthony Gerrard and the deal could revolve around AG being recalled from Hull and sold to Blackpool, I think the only way to recall a player from a season loan is if the parent club is about to sell him.

Dekel Keinan was signed by Blackpool on a bosman from Maccabi Haifa on an initial 12 month deal so he is a free agent in the Summer so no great fee will be involved, so the Gerrard thing need not complicate to deal that much.

He has Champions League experience with Maccabi and can play CB or LB could be a decent signing if this is true :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes you can sell a season long loan player in the transfer window.

But I think there has to be a clause in the original loan agreement to allow this to happen.

May still be possible if there is no such clause and both sides agree. I'm not sure if the regulations are specific on this point. Going out in a minute, but will try toi check later, if no one else has.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:14 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:If true, great news!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Daily Mail have a bit of the story they say QPR are interested as well

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -Adam.html

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:22 am

i believe the rules on season long loan players are that the football league and premiership will allow the player to be recalled to the parent club during january, but only if it was written in to the loan contract that both clubs agree that the player can be recalled.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:03 pm

castleblue wrote:http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/page/ProfilesDetail/0,,10432~28798,00.html

they might want to update his profile
the 25 year old brings.......

yet his was born in 1984?

Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:06 pm

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/ ... an-1377181 - player confirms it himself. very inexperienced if you ask me.
Last edited by ihatealiens on Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:08 pm

So he cant get into the mighty Blackpool team but can ours ??

Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:19 pm

NIBluebird wrote:So he cant get into the mighty Blackpool team but can ours ??

The mighty Blackpool that beat us in the playoff final and are now sitting comfortably in mid table in the premier league!

Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:21 pm

NIBluebird wrote:So he cant get into the mighty Blackpool team but can ours ??

Last season he played 11 matches for Maccabi Haifa in the Champions League and although they went out in the Group stages they only conceded 8 goals in their 6 group games. Other teams in the group were Bordeaux, Bayern Munich and Juventus. Dekel played in all froup matches at CB so against clubs of that stature thats not a bad record.

Sometimes you have to look beyond one simple criteria i.e. Ollie promised the players who got Blackpool to the PL their chance and lets face it they haven't done to badly have they.

I think for what this guy will cost he will be better than Gypes and he is fit which means he could go striaht into the team.
May be quite a player at least if this happens we should give him a chance. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: