Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Student Protests

Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:33 pm

That guy who threw a fire extinguisher of that building got 2 years 8 months today.

Will be out in less than a year

What are your thoughts?

Re: Student Protests

Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:01 pm

The Student of today are the politicians of tomorrow, So what there protesting about now some of them will try to implement when there politicians, and in office. God take the high most! . and let the low perish

Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:16 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:The Student of today are the politicians of tomorrow, So what there protesting about now some of them will try to implement when there politicians, and in office. God take the high most! . and let the low perish

I don't believe that's true. The only politicians will be those in the snobby Universities.

I think 8 months is a fair sentance. I highly doubt he set out thinking 'I want to kill a copper'. And even when he threw it off, I honestly doubt he meant to kill him. Considering the fact he probably had no previous sentances, it's a fair sentance.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:00 pm

He should be made to do the whole sentence. He meant to throw it and knew the dangers that could involve. Make an example of these folk.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:03 pm

if that was a football fan it would be twice as long, banned from all grounds for life, hand in passport every international

Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:03 pm

PtB wrote:He should be made to do the whole sentence. He meant to throw it and knew the dangers that could involve. Make an example of these folk.

exaclty :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:04 pm

Ben wrote:if that was a football fan it would be twice as long, banned from all grounds for life, hand in passport every international

Yeah, and access to Sky TV withdrawn!

Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:05 pm

Ben wrote:if that was a football fan it would be twice as long, banned from all grounds for life, hand in passport every international

you spot on there ben

Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:40 pm

TheMortgageAdvisor wrote:That guy who threw a fire extinguisher of that building got 2 years 8 months today.

Will be out in less than a year

What are your thoughts?

What a stupid tw*t!!!

Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:45 pm

Deserves everything he gets. Hopefully the rest of his cronies who rioted get similar sentences.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:18 pm

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Let's stop comparing every crime to football hooliganism shall we? Getting rather pathetic now.

As for the guy, deserves the sentance. 8 months is a bit short, but considering he's a student, he's fooked up the chances of getting up a good job in the future. Quite a few careers ruled out for him now. So it seems really pointless for him to do what he did. Wonder if the Tories will get charged with raping the students/police/public sector :lol:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:22 pm

PhatFrog wrote::roll: :roll: :roll:

Let's stop comparing every crime to football hooliganism shall we? Getting rather pathetic now.

As for the guy, deserves the sentance. 8 months is a bit short, but considering he's a student, he's fooked up the chances of getting up a good job in the future. Quite a few careers ruled out for him now. So it seems really pointless for him to do what he did. Wonder if the Tories will get charged with raping the students/police/public sector :lol:

It was 2years and 8 months, pretty heavy seen as no one got injured..dont protest against to government like that and not expect to be made an example of. I think he was originally charged with attempted murder !

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:25 pm

He's very lucky that he wasn't charged with attempted murder.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:26 pm

Most bankers are ex students, amazing how they forget that.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:30 pm

Just had to pick up my jaw after it hit the flaw after reading Bens disgusting post that thankfully has been removed. Anyways, when I said 8 months, I was referring to the fact that he'll only serve about 8 months before released on bail. Unless they can prove that he aimed the fire extinguisher at a particular person, they can't charge him with attempted murder. I presume :?

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:40 pm

It wouldn't be murder,if someone had been killed, as there was no intent to kill. So Manslaughter. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:41 pm

he lucky boi it didn't hit anybody. let him enjoy the showers in jail for a while the stupid fool

What was bens reply?

PhatFrog wrote:Just had to pick up my jaw after it hit the flaw after reading Bens disgusting post that thankfully has been removed. Anyways, when I said 8 months, I was referring to the fact that he'll only serve about 8 months before released on bail. Unless they can prove that he aimed the fire extinguisher at a particular person, they can't charge him with attempted murder. I presume :?

I don't know what Ben said , but I have thought about this. A drunk 18 y-r-o is now in jail. Does he deserve to be ? I would have to see the CCTV of where he threw it to decide (Ihaven't , just newspaper pics). Throwing an item which could kill somebody deserves a sentence if it was thrown at a crowd or individual but having not seen the footage , I have to ask was it near people or thrown into an empty area ?

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:42 pm

not only a football fan, but a cardiff city fan would get a death sentance :roll:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:42 pm

6th Form student I heared so whats his age?
Bet he regrets it mind
and it was 32 months on the news ;)

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:43 pm

Gareth Bluebird wrote:
PhatFrog wrote:Just had to pick up my jaw after it hit the flaw after reading Bens disgusting post that thankfully has been removed. Anyways, when I said 8 months, I was referring to the fact that he'll only serve about 8 months before released on bail. Unless they can prove that he aimed the fire extinguisher at a particular person, they can't charge him with attempted murder. I presume :?

I don't know what Ben said , but I have thought about this. A drunk 18 y-r-o is now in jail. Does he deserve to be ? I would have to see the CCTV of where he threw it to decide (Ihaven't , just newspaper pics). Throwing an item which could kill somebody deserves a sentence if it was thrown at a crowd or individual but having not seen the footage , I have to ask was it near people or thrown into an empty area ?

it missed a coppers head by inches.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:50 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:
Gareth Bluebird wrote:

it missed a coppers head by inches.

Then I say fair enough ............... he deserves to do time. If a few inches saved a life (even a coppers) then he has to go down. Silly prat allowed them to make an example of him , although he deserves it. The establishment have now managed to send out a message to public sector workers - walk peacefully on your protests so we can ignore you or make a fuss and we'll put you down.
Sorry if that sounds like I'm defending the lad coz I'm not , he'll do his bird then get back his life.
I worry about the establishment now sending out messages ................ Although in this case he was well over the top