Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Chopra to Barnsley plus Hamill and £2m

Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:49 pm

I have heard this on other message boards and laughed but one of my work colleagues is a Barnsley fan who is close to the physio and he reckons its a done deal ??

Now if we get Vaughan plus two defenders with the money are we still happy losing Chopra especially as he is only just hitting form and Jay injury prone - Mistake in my eyes !! :ayatollah: :roll: :o :o

Re: Chopra to Barnsley plus Hamill and £2m

Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:53 pm

can't really see us selling a key player can you?
plus DJ said he dont want sell his key players and the fact we dont really have too.
but hamill and £2million i think its a good deal, we can sign vaughan and have change and a qaulity player
:ayatollah:

happy either way but would like to keep chops

Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:54 pm

Hammill has a £500k buy out clause... :D

Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:56 pm

vicky wrote:Hammill has a £500k buy out clause... :D

indeed he has :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i know but were getting him and £2million
hamill is worth more than 500k just because its in his contract. (my opinion)

I'd be astounded and concerned if a deal like that went ahead.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:58 pm

would be bad to let chops go, and as stated above hammil has a 500k buy out clause, if we want him that bad then im sure we'd pay that.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:01 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:i know but were getting him and £2million
hamill is worth more than 500k just because its in his contract. (my opinion)

Well I'd be looking for him and £4 million, although I'd much rather we kept Chopra.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:03 pm

also would can barnsley pay chops wages lol prob have to take out massive loan :lol: :lol:

if we had 500k i defo have bid on him he looks good player.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:04 pm

Its all over the Barnsley boards , plus we dont know if the malasians have any involvement with this to bring in other players :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:06 pm

NIBluebird wrote:I have heard this on other message boards and laughed but one of my work colleagues is a Barnsley fan who is close to the physio and he reckons its a done deal ??

Now if we get Vaughan plus two defenders with the money are we still happy losing Chopra especially as he is only just hitting form and Jay injury prone - Mistake in my eyes !! :ayatollah: :roll: :o :o

Where the hell would Barnsley get £2m from ?

cant see

a. Chopra wanting to go there.
b. Hammill coming here so close to the end of his contract, surely he's got the chance of a Prem club in the summer.

still who knows :lol: :lol:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:07 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Its all over the Barnsley boards , plus we dont know if the malasians have any involvement with this to bring in other players :ayatollah:

if did happen would show how far chops has gone back in football career

Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:08 pm

Just had chat with my mate and he says its a done deal - anyway not into rumours or done deals etc but barnsley message boards getting very excited !

Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:09 pm

Rather pay 500k than let chops go

Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:09 pm

Here is link guys :- http://www.barnsley-mad.co.uk/feat/ed31 ... ndex.shtml

Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:10 pm

NIBluebird wrote:I have heard this on other message boards and laughed but one of my work colleagues is a Barnsley fan who is close to the physio and he reckons its a done deal ??

I have to laugh as well Sorry :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:10 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Just had chat with my mate and he says its a done deal - anyway not into rumours or done deals etc but barnsley message boards getting very excited !

well until it put as headline as a official transfer CHOPRA GOES TO BARNSLEY i will believe it until then its all bag of balls if you ask me

Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:16 pm

Rouledge would be class if we could get him

Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:17 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:Rouledge would be class if we could get him

i was reading few newcastle fans thoughts of routs they went ' he good for championship but not very good for the prem' i was thinking go on cardiff please go get him haha

Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:18 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:can't really see us selling a key player can you?
plus DJ said he dont want sell his key players and the fact we dont really have too.
but hamill and £2million i think its a good deal, we can sign vaughan and have change and a qaulity player
:ayatollah:

happy either way but would like to keep chops

He may have said he doesn't want to seel his key players but that is far different from saying he won't sell them - clever use of words ala Ridsdale :lol:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:21 pm

Think we need an update.

Come on Carl, get typing haha :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:21 pm

that is just laughable, let the tykes dream. :lol:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:22 pm

Well if we flog Chops and get Hamill plus use the money over from the transaction to buy Vaughan and Routledge, then that's a good bit of business. The Malaysians have already said they will fund the purchase of central defenders so for me that just leaves a left back. What could we do there? Flog Burke and buy ourselves a top class left back and thats it job done.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:23 pm

Its total bull shit posted by a rhys Harding on the other board. :lol:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I agree Annis BUT the official and unofficial Barnsley MB`s are rocking with the news - one even states that personal terms are being agreed - Hope its not true myself - Chops is coming back to form

Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:26 pm

Chopra's Twitter: "No truth in me going to Barnsley, not sure where that came
From"

Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:43 pm

NIBluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I agree Annis BUT the official and unofficial Barnsley MB`s are rocking with the news - one even states that personal terms are being agreed - Hope its not true myself - Chops is coming back to form

ipswich fans were saying the same about chops last summer

Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:52 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Just had chat with my mate and he says its a done deal - anyway not into rumours or done deals etc but barnsley message boards getting very excited !

And it was started on a Barnsley message board by a Sheff Wed fan.

One with a reputation of being a wind up merchant.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:02 pm

Fair play to Chops, straight on twitter to deny this rumour,thanks Chops

Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:08 pm

I dunno why wouldnt you be happy with this deal. The only downside in that Hammill was approaching end of the contract thus making him way less pricey, but 2 millions plus Chopra for Premiership level player? :o I'd take it!