Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

When Carl releases his updates and announcements....

Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:48 pm

wouldn't it be better to put them into the ANNOUNCEMENT section right at the top (only the relevant latest update that is, until the next latest one becomes available) and then move all other updates out of the announcement section and into the sticky section for a further 24hrs?

Once the moved topics have been in the sticky section for 24 hrs - they should then be pushed into the usual topic section. If the members of the forum still want to talk about them - then they will remain at the top each time a post is made anyway!

The people of the forum can then decide which topics they wish to persue and debate, rather than have forced topics at the top of the board that doesnt really reflect the popularity of that thread. eg. I once seen a topic there with about 5 replies - but that topic remained for about 4 days! and another example would be the past few days where there were almost 20 sticky's including announcements!

I feel that the forum is losing its way a bit with the sticky and announcement sections, and it all starts to get a bit tedious. Please remember these are only my opinions, views, observations and suggestions. If you don't wish to follow up any of those idea's then so be it, but there doesnt seem to be any constant and typical easy to follow flow with threads in the announcement and sticky sections.

Anyway people, and moderators - keep up the good work (improvements are available) :lol: This is still currently the best place to come and talk about our much loved club! :ayatollah:

Craig.

Re: When Carl releases his updates and announcements....

Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:58 pm

good post craig :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:59 pm

Tactfully put. I agree. :D

Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:52 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:good post craig :ayatollah:

Cheers Baz! :old: :lol:

Nice to seem some of the older members appreciating some suggestions from us young un's! :lol: :lol:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:56 pm

Totally 100% Agree - seems Moderators views get posted at top automatically and if they see a thread or post they like its re-worded and posted - hmmm just an opinion again :lol:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:56 pm

P.S. You can sticky this for 24hrs if you like! :lol:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:01 pm

I've been saying his for a long time! As Annis is aware! :lol: :lol:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:03 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Totally 100% Agree - seems Moderators views get posted at top automatically and if they see a thread or post they like its re-worded and posted - hmmm just an opinion again :lol:

I've never had a post put as a sticky, so don't tar all mods with the same brush please.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:10 pm

Claire wrote:
NIBluebird wrote:Totally 100% Agree - seems Moderators views get posted at top automatically and if they see a thread or post they like its re-worded and posted - hmmm just an opinion again :lol:

I've never had a post put as a sticky, so don't tar all mods with the same brush please.
sticky's are gay :lol:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:16 pm

its like talking to a brick wall though, unless you have the same views :lol:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:25 pm

Merlin wrote:wouldn't it be better to put them into the ANNOUNCEMENT section right at the top (only the relevant latest update that is, until the next latest one becomes available) and then move all other updates out of the announcement section and into the sticky section for a further 24hrs?

Once the moved topics have been in the sticky section for 24 hrs - they should then be pushed into the usual topic section. If the members of the forum still want to talk about them - then they will remain at the top each time a post is made anyway!

The people of the forum can then decide which topics they wish to persue and debate, rather than have forced topics at the top of the board that doesnt really reflect the popularity of that thread. eg. I once seen a topic there with about 5 replies - but that topic remained for about 4 days! and another example would be the past few days where there were almost 20 sticky's including announcements!

I feel that the forum is losing its way a bit with the sticky and announcement sections, and it all starts to get a bit tedious. Please remember these are only my opinions, views, observations and suggestions. If you don't wish to follow up any of those idea's then so be it, but there doesnt seem to be any constant and typical easy to follow flow with threads in the announcement and sticky sections.

Anyway people, and moderators - keep up the good work (improvements are available) :lol: This is still currently the best place to come and talk about our much loved club! :ayatollah:

Craig.

Are you trying to say it's all over the place, like shit in a field? :lol:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:40 pm

i agree, i like this forum but its annoying searching for the latest update sometimes when there are so many stickeys! :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:46 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
Claire wrote:

sticky's are gay :lol:

I agree Baz! If it was my site - I'd remove the sticky section altogether! just have the announcements! Then it would be The fans that control the most debatable and popular topics...... WE ARE THE PEOPLE! :lol:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:48 pm

to be fair i reckon all you lot like me dont even read the stickys as they are so annoying, like you say but them all in the annoucments area and let the board free from crap

Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:51 pm

I agree also. It would make this board much more user friendly.
Its a great idea.
Claire put your foot down....

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:38 pm

smegma wrote:I agree also. It would make this board much more user friendly.
Its a great idea.
Claire put your foot down....

I've tried! :lol: :lol:

Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:23 pm

we require a moderator meeting :D

Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:38 am

Merlin wrote:

Nice to seem some of the older members appreciating some suggestions from us young un's! :lol: :lol:

f*cking young un :shock: dream on :lol:

Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:40 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:we require a moderator meeting :D

we do :D

what about in the POW at 1pm before game, we could have our meeting then strooll into canton and continue our meeting until about 7.30 :lol:

Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:05 am

milly44 wrote:
Merlin wrote:

f*cking young un :shock: dream on :lol:

Not everyone can be ummm... (older) but still have their youthful good looks like me Nath! ;)

Anyway! U know it makes sense.... :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:01 am

is there unrest in the moderator camp ? :lol: :lol: :lol: