Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Carl: Its seems Blackpool had problems.....

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:17 pm

Midfield general wrote:in getting a work permit for this Jewish Centre Half in which we are tracking. Has the club looked into this..?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dekel_Keinan

What problems? It only took about a fortnight, he had to get something done to his passport ( which has been done now so presumably should need to be done again) and he had to pass an English test,which he obviously did.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:22 pm

With 15 international appearances to his name, a work permit shouldn't be too much of a problem. If he got one for his move to Blackpool, can't see why we wouldn't get one.

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:47 pm

Midfield general wrote:from the 15th July to the 18th August I dont think that is two weeks and I was under the impression that as another club would be a different employer then the process starts at the begining.

I think your right, it does start again

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:51 pm

Who says he's signing.Whers vaughan and Routlege?

Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:58 pm

Midfield general wrote:from the 15th July to the 18th August I dont think that is two weeks and I was under the impression that as another club would be a different employer then the process starts at the begining.

Yes you are right I missed that August date.

However it still does not change my opinion that there were no particular pronlems. Whatever needs doing to his passport has now been done, and he passed the English test. Even though it will have to be done again, the fact that he was granted one less than 5 months ago should surely count very strongly in our favour.