Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who used to use the echo vouchers to get in NP free ?

Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:19 pm

Load of us used to go to the city but first 1 of us had an echo round to do.........So 8 of us would do the round all 11/12/13 yrs old and pinch the vouchers instead of buying the paper, as u can imaging "Tec" got caught, means there was 36+ vouchers ripped out of the papers and sacked later on :lol: Was only kids but anything to get down NP!! this was 1990 after promotion 92/93 it seemed to fizzle out.......might have been somethin to do with our mate not having his paper round :lol:

Anybody else do anything similar?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Who used to use the echo vouchers to get in NP free ?

Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:30 pm

yeh i remember that,my old man always new someone on the turnstile at the back of the canton end and would lift me over.....GREAT DAYS!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:19 am

NinianSHEEP wrote:Load of us used to go to the city but first 1 of us had an echo round to do.........So 8 of us would do the round all 11/12/13 yrs old and pinch the vouchers instead of buying the paper, as u can imaging "Tec" got caught, means there was 36+ vouchers ripped out of the papers and sacked later on :lol: Was only kids but anything to get down NP!! this was 1990 after promotion 92/93 it seemed to fizzle out.......might have been somethin to do with our mate not having his paper round :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24780#p233966

Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:39 am

I used to be a Juniour Bluebird when I was young but back then it was £5 to get in if you had two vouchers from the eggo. God them were the days! Tina Turner blasting out "Simply the best" just before kick off. Ahhhhhh nostalgia

Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:05 am

Yes i used to collect them! junior bulebird and all that too, south wales echo shirts were the best ever :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:04 am

lol, now they want £16 quid of the kids.

£5 for the stoke game is lovely though.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:55 am

NinianSHEEP wrote:Load of us used to go to the city but first 1 of us had an echo round to do.........So 8 of us would do the round all 11/12/13 yrs old and pinch the vouchers instead of buying the paper, as u can imaging "Tec" got caught, means there was 36+ vouchers ripped out of the papers and sacked later on :lol: Was only kids but anything to get down NP!! this was 1990 after promotion 92/93 it seemed to fizzle out.......might have been somethin to do with our mate not having his paper round :lol:

I thought it was a quid with the vouchers?