Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: 2 records that changed Your Life!

Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:26 pm

anarchy in the uk early 80s pogo'n at a disco in norway when all the norwegians were into break dancing :lol:

Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:39 pm

Bachelor Boy Cliff Richard - always seemed to be playing by Radio Ninian, It might have been,the only record they had

Homely Girl/ Chi-lites, still married to the girl :D :D :D :D never once got in the way of my commitment to the City.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:52 pm

There's only one record that change my life and it's my CRIMINAL RECORD ;) ;) ;)

Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:55 pm

" If the Kids are United " By Sham 69, First ever Record and got me in to Doc martens etc etc

" In The Ghetto " By Elvis Presley As my Father Grew up in Cardiff Docks it just Reminded me of Him and I had it played in the Church at my Fathers Funeral, But when it came on I could barely Stand, every time I hear it, I Shed a Tear for My Father :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:58 pm

50 metre butterfly
the hundred metre hurdles :D :D :D :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:06 pm

Rated R - Queens of The Stone Age

Restored my faith in good music during a time when shit was the norm and was all over mtv and the radio like a disease that could not be cured. Also got me into the mighty Kyuss. As a result of this album I have bought something stupid like 30 albums (Kyuss, Eagles of Death Metal, Brant Bjork, Hermano, Them Crooked Vultures, Mark Lanegan, Screaming Trees etc etc)

Reign in Blood - Slayer

got me into real metal.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:16 pm

White Riot _ The Clash and Big Fun Inner city.....bit of a contrast there wha?

Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:49 pm

too many to mention for different reasons but if i was forced to pick two then:
out of space - the prodigy
dakota - stereophonics

Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" If the Kids are United " By Sham 69, First ever Record and got me in to Doc martens etc etc

" In The Ghetto " By Elvis Presley As my Father Grew up in Cardiff Docks it just Reminded me of Him and I had it played in the Church at my Fathers Funeral, But when it came on I could barely Stand, every time I hear it, I Shed a Tear for My Father :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

he was some man for one man Annis :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:34 pm

So far I would say a Lot of old Punks, Skins and Mods on the board then. cool :D

Who did the following

Punk/New Wave started 1977
2 Tone Skinhead
Soul/Funk
Acid House
Indie ie Stone Roses Happy Mondays
Oasis/Blur/shed 7 etc
Dance Shizz

Now back to all off above !

Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:42 pm

placid-casual wrote:So far I would say a Lot of old Punks, Skins and Mods on the board then. cool :D

Who did the following

Punk/New Wave started 1977
2 Tone Skinhead
Soul/Funk
Acid House
Indie ie Stone Roses Happy Mondays
Oasis/Blur/shed 7 etc
Dance Shizz

Now back to all off above !

I dabbled in the first three, then got married.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:46 pm

'The World Has Turned' by Weezer - I was on the train home from Cardiff on a sunday, listening to this when all of a sudden I felt a bump and the train stopped. A 16 year old girl had decided that life wasn't worth living anymore, and killed herself. The lyrics and mood of the song suited the moment almost perfectly, and so all I could think was what must she have been thinking, her final thoughts? What led her to that? I can't actually listen to the album anymore, which is a shame as I loved it, but it brings back that day.

I grew up a lot that day.

Anarchy in the UK - Sex Pistols - Simply, it has got me into all the music that I love today. That encampasses Ska, Punk, Indie, Rock and everything in between :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:51 pm

Achhh 2 is too little a choice!
So I'll just put a few!
Alexisonfire - Crisis. The best album of my life, ever. The songs are so well written, Dallas Green is a magician with words.
Strangely, the Juno OST. Doubt many of you will see it but it's about a pregnant teenager, and it was out when my best friend was pregnant at 17, and just reminds me so much of her and her pregnancy, which was what spurred me on to become a midwife.
Professor Green - Alive Til I'm Dead. Once again, another lyrical genius which is all I can say! The song 'Oh My God ft. Labrynth' is absolutely amazing!
Pink - I'm Not Dead. In fact, all of her albums. Her angry youth mirrors mine, except we just had different things to be angry about!
Billy Idol - Billy Idol. I don't need to say any more.

And one song that has changed me is whatever song is played in the background on This Is England '86 when poor Trev is getting raped. Urghhh sends chills down my spine
And OMG WARHEAD - always reminds me of This is England when Pukey sticks up for himself, LOVE IT!

There are so many more, I can't even think!

Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:57 pm

Whats the Story Morning Glory - 1995. Prior to this at the age of 15 I thought anyone who was into anything else but footy was gay.

Went back in time from there - roses, mondays , carpets et al.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:34 pm

Looking at this thread just shows how much variety we had in music when we were growing up. We had everything. Today there's just the one same old genre over and over again. The music now is screwed big time! Simon Cowel and co have a lot to answer for.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:39 pm

Juno - great film 8-)

Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:27 pm

C'mon feel the Noize - Slade
Waterfront - Simple Minds

Both records at their time started the ongoing admiration I have for both bands, Slade IMO will never ever be bettered as a live band, the 1985 - 1992 Simple Minds came close.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:19 pm

Space oddity - Bowie

i dont like mondays - the BTR's