Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BURKE OR JAY WHICH ONE

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:34 pm

would you prefer to leave in jan to free up cash to buy players to squad.

people won't agree with me but i honestly thought burke would of signed up by now as he has not i would not be annoyed if we sold him for 2 mil or something or even 1.5 for player we go on free .

maybe then we could pay some of fees we have to upfront for players we want. just my opinion tho.

Re: BURKE OR JAY WHICH ONE

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:36 pm

Dave Jones has said we dont need to sell, so why are you debating over which one of 2 of our best players would you get rid of?

Makes no sense!

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:37 pm

j3nko wrote:Dave Jones has said we dont need to sell, so why are you debating over which one of 2 of our best players would you get rid of?

Makes no sense!

i am allowed to debate aint i ?

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:38 pm

j3nko wrote:Dave Jones has said we dont need to sell, so why are you debating over which one of 2 of our best players would you get rid of?

Makes no sense!

tbh mate he has a point if we cant pay big cash up front then we need to offload players an burke has hardly been one of our best players this season !

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:40 pm

bleedblue wrote:

Makes no sense!

tbh mate he has a point if we cant pay big cash up front then we need to offload players an burke has hardly been one of our best players this season !

that what i mean if DID get offer for burke and we could get two players out of his money would not be so bad, i not saying we should but if vt don't want to pay the sums up front then how we gonna do it ? lol

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:41 pm

We've all heard that funds are available if we are in the top 2 so why suggest selling our top players to fund new transfers?
Funds available = No need to sell top players!

Yes we've only signed Parkin so far but there are 19 days of the transfer window left.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:42 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:
bleedblue wrote:

Makes no sense!

that what i mean if DID get offer for burke and we could get two players out of his money would not be so bad, i not saying we should but if vt don't want to pay the sums up front then how we gonna do it ? lol

i agree with u mate if we can sell players to generate cash to bring in better players. burke was immense last year he ran at defenders he sucked them in but this season he look like he is lost !

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:43 pm

Makes no sense!

Probably because their contracts are up in the summer, and there's no sign that they're staying. Bothroyd is another Ledley IMO i.e. if we go up he stays, if not he goes. But Burke is different. If I remember right, someone said here that he has a kid up in Scotland and personal problems related to that. If that's true, then he may well leave even if we do go up, so it might be worth looking at selling up especially if we can get someone like Routledge with the cash. Besides, I wouldn't even say he's been playing particularly well lately. Of course no-one really has in the last month, but even against Leeds he looked way off the pace, where everyone else were almost faultless for the majority of the game.

No doubt he's been a great signing for us, but if he doesn't really want to be here anyway it might be worth listening to any offers. Someone like Bothroyd is pretty much irreplaceable, but I don't think Burke is.
Last edited by BradSK on Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:44 pm

j3nko wrote:We've all heard that funds are available if we are in the top 2 so why suggest selling our top players to fund new transfers?

Yes we've only signed Parkin so far but there are 19 days of the transfer window left.

funds available for big wages not big money transfers

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:45 pm

Burke , caus the way we play football bothroyd is vital for it be successful. big strong quick theres not many of those players out there.

i love it wen burke takes on players and has them running in circles . there are loads of wingers who can take on a player and put a good cross in the box.

for me bothroyd would be more of a loss than burke caus the way we play football

:ayatollah:

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:46 pm

bleedblue wrote:
j3nko wrote:We've all heard that funds are available if we are in the top 2 so why suggest selling our top players to fund new transfers?

And how do you know this? Messageboard gossip is not enough to go on

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:46 pm

i agree with u mate if we can sell players to generate cash to bring in better players. burke was immense last year he ran at defenders he sucked them in but this season he look like he is lost ![/quote]

he has been ill so that has affected his form but just to me looks like we have to sell to get 1 or 2 in. if we did get over million for burke not bad for player we go on a free mind :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:47 pm

Personaly, i think that both are destined to leave our club, sooner rather than later.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:48 pm

some interesting views.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:55 pm

j3nko wrote:
bleedblue wrote:

And how do you know this? Messageboard gossip is not enough to go on

its common sense that money is not going to be pumped into signing players without generating cash frm sales of players !!
this is a business the Malaysians are here to make money not pump money into something an take a risk of not getting a return they have to even out buying an selling players

Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:22 pm

my feeling is we will sell 2 out of Chops, Burke and Bothroyd. If we don't then there wont be much coming in.

Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:30 pm

ihatealiens wrote:my feeling is we will sell 2 out of Chops, Burke and Bothroyd. If we don't then there wont be much coming in.

same here

Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:38 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:

Makes no sense!

i am allowed to debate aint i ?

no you're not, this board is a commie board :lol:

Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:47 pm

Burke