Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Tonight Dave Jones is . . . . . .

Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:54 am

Hopefully Dave is looking at both Dundee Utd midfielders Prince Buaben and Morgaro Gomis, both of them I think would be great in the Championship for us, especially Buaben. However there are also a few Premier league teams after him, the likes of Bolton, Wigan, Villa and one or two others. Last season Dundee Utd rejected a £1m bid for him, so I'm not sure what they want for him now. The better choice out of the two to fit into our side would be Gomis as he is more of an attacking central midfielder who can also play on the wing, while Buaben is a defensive midfielder and we already have got Olofinjana. Personally, I feel that there are quite a few good players up in Scotland we could pick up, that could do us a job. Also, David Goodwillie is a cracking little striker too, they have got a few of them in the Dundee Utd squad.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:04 am

BlueChet wrote:Shame we didn't get in quick for Sol Bamba, he'd be quality at this level.

Liking the look of these young defenders though! Maybe that Jennings & Chops could become mates, they seem to have something in common :lol:

Very true mate, we should have snapped up Bamba ages ago, he wanted to sign last season but we were skint, god knows why we didn't sign him this summer just gone, we would have had no competition for his signature. I think Bamba alongside another quality centre half like Curtis Davies on loan for the season, would have definitely shored up the centre of defence. Also, I can see Bamba scoring quite a few goals for Leicester this season as he is a great headerer of the ball and has a great leap, he would be superb in defence and attack he reminds me of a much younger Darren Moore when he was playing for Doncaster Rovers - now he was an absolute beast in many more ways than one, he won everything in the air whoever he was up against.

Oh well we have not signed Bamba so let's move on and focus on another centre half, here is my pick - Mathias Jorgensen, he plays for FC Copenhagen, now he is, a real class act!!

Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:56 am

Cheers for the update as ever Carl. As much as you may get from the minority here, the vast majority such as myself really enjoy your updates and appreciate the time and effort you put into them :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:44 am

The Players Dave Jones watched last night
by carlccfc » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:43 am

and the night before are

Mark Reynolds, Motherwell, who is out of contract in the summer and turns 24 on May 7th.

Craig Conway, Dundee United, who is a very tricky winger who can use both feet would be an excellent addition if we could bring him in.

The night before DJ went to watch Hearts v St Johnstone and went to see the centre halves for Hearts play.

Ismael Bouzid is French Centre Half, 27, who signed for Hearts in July 2009. Has previously played for Galatassary.

Marius Zaliukas, is a Lithuanian Centre Half, 27, whosigned for Hearts from FBK Kaunas in 2006.

I would love to see Reynolds and Zaliukas here and hopefully joined by Conway.

No bids have been made as yet.

These names are coming out in the scottish press and no doubt will make it all the way down to Wales too.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32370

Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:21 am

I wonder if Jones has clamied his expenses :o

Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:26 am

great more shite from the scottish leagues !!!

Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:30 am

Bouzid - would be a good signing, decent defender and we could get him on the cheap his contract is up soon.
Reynolds - Decent defender again
Zaliukas - just signed a new contract, so cant see this happening
Conway - just come back from a knee operation - would he be up to a tough end of season campaign in the Championship.

In summary I wouldn't say no to Bouzid and Reynolds, they would improve on what we already have, however I would forget the other two.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:44 am

update - Bouzid and Zaliukas a good central defensive pairing. In 21 league games this season Hearts have only conceded 15 goals, not bad. They obviously have an understanding. As I said we could get Bouzid cheap as his contract is up in a few months not sure about Zaliukas as he has just signed a new contract.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:44 am

Thanks again Carl. I will be happy if we sign the two defenders.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:40 pm

Just been Reported in the Scottish Newspaper Today.

http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmidlot ... 6688954.jp

Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Just been Reported in the Scottish Newspaper Today.

http://sport.scotsman.com/heartofmidlot ... 6688954.jp

Bouzid and Reynolds it is then :ayatollah: :ayatollah: That's the 2 central defenders sorted hopefully. We are persistently been associated with right side midfielders/wingers (Routledge/Hamill and now Conway ) - I think we can safely say Burke is on his way - what u reckon Annis? Then theres a striker Vaughan still on? if he comes in I can see chops leaving. That leaves a left back or is Jonesy happy with Naylor??? :lol:

Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:52 pm

I was expecting a picture of Matthew kelly in this thread, well goodbye =/..

Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:47 pm

4 decent players. Conway & Reynolds are highly rated and the press are starting to indicate that Motherwell would accept a bid for Reynolds.

United are also said to be willing to cash in on players.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:05 pm

Cheers Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:25 pm

PtB wrote:4 decent players. Conway & Reynolds are highly rated and the press are starting to indicate that Motherwell would accept a bid for Reynolds.

Question is ? Would Motherwell deal with us ?

Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:27 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
PtB wrote:4 decent players. Conway & Reynolds are highly rated and the press are starting to indicate that Motherwell would accept a bid for Reynolds.

Aslong as we pay them full can't see why they wouldn't :ayatollah:

Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:27 pm

Remember their chairman crying and threatening us with the bailiffs on sky sports news just after us signing bellamy caus he wanted a small amount of money (think it was something like 100k) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:30 pm

Llantrisant Blue. wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Aslong as we pay them full can't see why they wouldn't :ayatollah:

Only if its used tenners in Tesco bags.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:24 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:Carl, can you confirm that the only scout on the City payroll, is in Scotlaand ??

so that would be @ Dundee Utd, Motherwell, Hamilton, Celtic, Stenhousemuir.

Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:27 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:Carl, can you confirm that the only scout on the City payroll, is in Scotlaand ??

so that would be @ Dundee Utd, Motherwell, Hamilton, Celtic, Stenhousemuir.

Stenny rampaged 5-1 last night!!!!! :lol:

In response to Lawnmower, I think Motherwell are in dire need of cash to be honest. They lost two players last week due to lack of wage fund, one of them to a lower league side who paid more and gave the lad a 2 and a half year deal.

They also lost Nick Blackman, an onloan Blackburn striker who had scored 10 goals, he's moved upto Aberdeen on loan.

Their chairman is a cock to be fair, but I don;t think he'd have much choice. I reckon to get him now would only cost £200k tops.